887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

26 minutes ago, Deep 14 april said:

I also applied 887 as a taxi driver. I applied by myself.

Is anybody as well applied as a taxi driver in this group?? 

I’ve applied 887 working as a full time cab driver. Only disadvantage applied on ABN is organised hundered of documents to claim work. Applied is May 2018 no contact yet from CO. 

18 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I’ve applied 887 working as a full time cab driver. Only disadvantage applied on ABN is organised hundered of documents to claim work. Applied is May 2018 no contact yet from CO. 

1 hour ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Mate,

Answers for few questions.

4. I used BUPA. no idea about other private insurance. 

5. No additional documents required if your child has 489.

6. follow this thread

7. Up to your visa conditions, you can work only in mentioned post codes while your 489 active.

8. Better you find an agent when you ready to apply for 887.

best of luck

Thank you JPSLTOZ for your time and response🙂

I certainly appreciate it.

Can I have some more advises/guidance/suggestions on above asked questions please?

ALSO, I hope all of you get the grant soon. I know its very frustrating:( 

I am looking to do my best to secure 887 when I am eligible but god know if 887 will be there by the time I will be eligible or not (no one wants to be restricted but 887 at least gives us hope of freedom. I heard that the rules will may change over a time of period to forcefully keep the migrants in the regional states only). but all the responses on my question will surely help me eventually 🙂

The link where it says conditions may change for migrants to get PR in future:

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/08/29/new-migrants-may-have-live-regional-australia-5-years

Any thoughts - "when temporary visa is for 4 years only, how can they apply and extend the rule for 5 years"?

39 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hi ricky

which documents u used to show full time work and which state u live. I live in Perth and applied 14 April 2018 no contact from CO yet

52 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

New theory has emerged..

They're gonna process citizenship applications until 26th jan and would start processing other visas after that..

I dont know how much of this is true..may be another rumour or something 

Why the 26th? And where did u get this info from?

1 hour ago, 10th feb said:

New theory has emerged..

They're gonna process citizenship applications until 26th jan and would start processing other visas after that..

I dont know how much of this is true..may be another rumour or something 

Infact, the rumour is that they are never bothered about 887 but for everything else. 😃😃😃

Hello everyone,
I need help regarding my 887 visa to prove my work 35 hours weekly.
i have two job . one is in bp fuel station and another one is taxi.  I get payslip from bp fortnightly .so i can not prove the week i drove taxi and work in bp enough hours to show 35 hours , what can i do in this situation ? i asked payroll department to give my time sheet but they don't have this. but I have weekly roaster pictures only.

please please anyone have any advise?

thanks

9 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Well as per my colleague govt wants to process citizenship applications as they are under pressure for that..another thing is house is not in session until 12th feb.. we might not get anything until then

Jst a doubt why you mentioned about house in session.Any plans for 887 during this session.

11 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All,

I am new here, just going through the Q&A and I know you are the best one here to guide me for a better tomorrow. I am moving to Adelaide in Feb'19 on 489 visa. I am into IT job (AWS cloud/ Python scripting | DevOps) on a good designation back home. I took the risk and have invested all my savings in this to have a better future(no complains or guilt as I am a risk taker but keeping my exact situation here). I know its a big risk to leave a good existing job and move to a new country and start everything from scratch therefore, I am a little worried/exited/anxious about how should I plan from here and all of you who are going to reply will play a big role in my upcoming decisions.

Some of the questions below, I know are too futuristic however, with the help of your knowledgeable answers and guidance, I just want to be on the side of caution from the very beginning.

1. What is the job situation in Adelaide for above skill set?

2. What is the best way to secure a job in Adelaide with no reference/onshore experience?

3. What is the possibility to secure a job from offshore?

4. I am married since last 4 years and now we want to bring our bundle of joy in the world soon:). 489 wont give us any medical facility so keeping this in mind, what is the best medical insurance (Affordable for a middle class) I should go for?

5. Once my newborn is there, what document work should I do in advance to avoid any hassle at the time of 887?

6. Can you tell me what are the things I should take care of beforehand so that I can increase my chances of 887 visa?

7. As per the rules to apply for 887 - (2 years stay and 1 year full time job) Does this mean, I can work anywhere after 1 year full time job and live in Adelaide and once I complete 2 years in Adelaide I can apply for 887?

8. So many people who have applied for 887, some by themselves and some by consultancy, (I know its too early) but for my record and to be on a safer side, can someone suggest me a good consultancy in Australia who will ensure the best document work and try their best to get you the PR grant?

9 - Anything apart from this,you would like to add or suggest to help me achieve my goal, which I forgot to mention here will be absolutely wonderful 🙂

Welcome mate. Jump and see the depth.Wishing you all the best sorry best of luck.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, Happy and lucky said:

Hi Happy & Lucky,

Congratulations on achieving the first step on what is to become the best decision of your life!

I was on the same boat as you since I moved to ADL late '15. I have a similar background just like you so I will try answering your questions as best as I can.

1. Software Dev in ADL is booming, you will come across a lot of temp/contract jobs as you go on looking for jobs especially if you're into .NET/Azure/AWS/DevOps roles. With my experience, it took me 7 months to land on my first permanent technical job, and I noticed the job offers in the market kept increasing. Even though people may whinge that ADL does not cater enough jobs, in IT your chances will never dry up.

2. Recruiters and employers will most probably ask for your "onshore" experience, but don't lose heart, there will always be few offers waiting for the new starters. These will most likely be entry level wage jobs that may be temp/contract, but that's the best way for you to start to secure onshore work experience. Applying for jobs and resume writing is an acquired skill around here. Most employers have keyword processing so a resume you send will most likely to go through one that pick them the most relevant candidates. So if you are really serious about a job, make sure you have all the keywords included in your resume, and have your cover letter specifically tailored for that employer showing them your unique interest for the position advertised. Appear confidently and politely at your interview, and always speak genuinely. The more you showcase that you are a person with good work ethic, attitude and are passionate about what you do, and a person who they think they can integrate to the company culture, the higher the chances of a successful interview. I hope you get what I mean, "Your attitude, is Number#1"

3. I have not had experiences with this, but I think chances are quite slim. They always look at the onshore talent pool and they only look elsewhere if they have no other choice or the position is absolutely unique. Having said that, I should mention that I do have a friend who received a job offer that way.

4. I went with BUPA. They have what is called Overseas Visitor Health Cover for 489 holders. You may not have much luck finding cheaper options, but BUPA have done me good when I was on 489.

5. You have enough time to think about this, hang around this forum, there are so many similar cases and experienced members from whom you can get an idea.

6. Nothing, try your best to stay 2 years within your allowed postcodes, try not to move places a lot and collect, collate and keep all your Government sent doccos and bills in one place. It will come in handy at the point when you are applying for 887. Same goes with work, do 1 year full-time, collect all contracts, salary slips, PAYG payments at the end of each FY.

7. You can/must live and work within the given postcodes for the entire period including the transition time from 489 to 887 (read SunnySideUp's FAQs, it's very helpful). People have got away with moving out to different areas once applying for 887, but I wouldn't take the risk if I were you.

8. Sorry mate, no idea as I did mine by myself. You will understand whether you will be able to do this or not as time comes along, I suggest you not to worry about this right now.

9. Good luck! Welcome to the land of promise, the best decision you'll ever make in your life! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

Hi Happy & Lucky,

Congratulations on achieving the first step on what is to become the best decision of your life!

I was on the same boat as you since I moved to ADL late '15. I have a similar background just like you so I will try answering your questions as best as I can.

1. Software Dev in ADL is booming, you will come across a lot of temp/contract jobs as you go on looking for jobs especially if you're into .NET/Azure/AWS/DevOps roles. With my experience, it took me 7 months to land on my first permanent technical job, and I noticed the job offers in the market kept increasing. Even though people may whinge that ADL does not cater enough jobs, in IT your chances will never dry up.

2. Recruiters and employers will most probably ask for your "onshore" experience, but don't lose heart, there will always be few offers waiting for the new starters. These will most likely be entry level wage jobs that may be temp/contract, but that's the best way for you to start to secure onshore work experience. Applying for jobs and resume writing is an acquired skill around here. Most employers have keyword processing so a resume you send will most likely to go through one and pick them the most relevant candidates. So if you are really serious about a job, make sure you have all the keywords included in your resume, and have your cover letter specifically tailored for that employer showing them your unique interest for the position advertised. Appear confidently and politely at your interview, and always speak genuinely. The more you showcase that you are a person with good work ethic, attitude and are passionate about what you do, and a person who they think they can integrate to the company culture, the higher the chances of a successful interview. I hope you get what I mean, "Your attitude, is Number#1"

3. I have not had experiences with this, but I think chances are quite slim. They always look at the onshore talent pool and they only look elsewhere if they have no other choice or the position is absolutely unique. Having said that, I should mention that I do have a friend who received a job offer that way.

4. I went with BUPA. They have what is called Overseas Visitor Health Cover for 489 holders. You may not have much luck finding cheaper options, but BUPA have done me good when I was on 489.

5. You have enough time to think about this, hang around this forum, there are so many similar cases and experienced members from whom you can get an idea.

6. Nothing, try your best to stay 2 years within your allowed postcodes, try not to move places a lot and collect, collate and keep all your Government sent doccos and bills in one place. It will come in handy at the point when you are applying for 887. Same goes with work, do 1 year full-time, collect all contracts, salary slips, PAYG payments at the end of each FY.

7. You can/must live and work within the given postcodes for the entire period including the transition time from 489 to 887 (read SunnySideUp's FAQs, it's very helpful). People have got away with moving out to different areas once applying for 887, but I wouldn't take the risk if I were you.

8. Sorry mate, no idea as I did mine by myself. You will understand whether you will be able to do this or not as time comes along, I suggest you not to worry about this right now.

9. Good luck! Welcome to the land of promise, the best decision you'll ever make in your life! 🙂

Hi @kV-Is ShortName - 

- Waking up to such a wonderful/enlightening and fact packed answer has just made my day!
- Trust me! When I was finished up composing my post, I too was surprised how lengthy it was and was unsure if someone is going to even read it. And now, I am even more surprised seeing the detailed response you posted. 
- I am not appreciating you just because your answer brought me a lot of relief, but also for giving time to an absolute stranger.
- I recently joined this forum and I'll definitely stick around to have a smooth and guided journey from people like you. Thanks again:)

Edited by Happy and lucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For other visas it is 1 month
For our 887 applications it is 12 to 14 months
For your 887 application it is 22 to 24 months - because you complain so much
I dont appreciate your stern reply to 10th feb. His life maybe like many others are upside down these days so he came here and Express. That's why this forum exist.
We should have tolerance and acceptance for other people circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Butt said:

4 minutes ago, Butt said:

I dont appreciate your stern reply to 10th feb. His life maybe like many others are upside down these days so he came here and Express. That's why this forum exist.
We should have tolerance and acceptance for other people circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It's not there for you to appreciate BUTT, it's called a sense of humour, and others enjoyed it, so get off your high horse mate

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It's not there for you to appreciate BUTT, it's called a sense of humour, and others enjoyed it, so get off your high horse mate

Always two side of the coin to this depending on the receiver.

But I am laughing away.