887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

To weed out stuff that is irrelevant to topic of the thread here, so we stay focused on the core issue of discussing our challenges with 887 application updates and documentation.

Haven't seen any yet mate.

6 hours ago, H-kaur82 said:

Apply - 24 January 2017,Its really annoying and hard to wait, its already a year since i apply 887 and 7 months since case officer adam requested paper,no reply,really panic,they don’t care about us,how hard our life and how much stress,we going through,i miss my real sister  marriage,my grandma funeral,now my mom is sick,during the wait of approval.every single day passed with stress,how many times we checking the immi account.i don’t know what to do.how many more sacrifices i have to do for this residency,please god help us.case officer don’t care about our files,i m here from 11 years and 12 onwards.

Hi. Sorry to know about your situation.

15 hours ago, Delfin said:

Capture.PNG.6dbe8f340d4e9ba452cb446c82020248.PNG

Doesn't this make your blood boil??

It just a number of invitation, not really related to the visa processing time. Of course, 189 processing time is a lot faster than 887 which made me feel jealous. 

None of us deny that immigration try to make us to stay in the regional area as long as possible 😞

This figure however is not relation to current issue. 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:45 AM, jahidul said:

hi sunit,

did you have similar issue like me? did you get payslip fortnightly ? and for another job missed out for 1week in every fortnight ? did you make any xl sheet for working out your total hours? please if you could share your scenario it would help and appreciate it 

Make it on excel sheet, 2 jobs separate, but hours together and should be more than35, every week 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Delfin said:

Nope. Why do u think it will be refused?

Because i have 2 job 1 job paid fortnightly and another one taxi , taxi i can not drive every week .so i can not prove it, the week i had more than 35 hours . I asked so many people in this situation what can i do . One guy told me    to engage a accountant to organise a credible record for me. But i dont understand what does it mean .

16 hours ago, jahidul said:

Because i have 2 job 1 job paid fortnightly and another one taxi , taxi i can not drive every week .so i can not prove it, the week i had more than 35 hours . I asked so many people in this situation what can i do . One guy told me    to engage a accountant to organise a credible record for me. But i dont understand what does it mean .

Let me ask you this. has ur visa 489 expired already?

Just out of sheer curiosity and therefore hypothetically calculate, would ask, how many applications applied in Jan 2018 arent yet touched by the COs? How many applicants arent contacted second time so far? How many applications have already crossed the 12 month mark after this new processing time (12+) has been declared? Any clues? Lets try to understand their strategy. I know it makes no sense, but atleast gives us an opportunity to discuss something more useful here :-).....

On 1/25/2019 at 7:46 PM, Kevin said:

It just a number of invitation, not really related to the visa processing time. Of course, 189 processing time is a lot faster than 887 which made me feel jealous. 

None of us deny that immigration try to make us to stay in the regional area as long as possible 😞

This figure however is not relation to current issue. 

How do you know the processing time for 189 is faster than 887 ?

According to this migration agent, the processing time for 189 takes 12 until 16 months (see and hear Question 2)

1 hour ago, Delfin said:

If you're talking about bridging visa that I get after u applied for 887 then the answer is no.. because it's not an eligible visa...

123.PNG

Thanks.

Amazing how these delays can kill the possibility of any reapplication of the visa. I think it's unfair. I lodged my application on my 3rd year and in a month my original visa will expire. Anything that will happen against my application and that's it. If only they could act quicker I would not have to think about the whole thing now as hit or miss. Frustrating.

2 hours ago, Marcus said:

Thanks.

Amazing how these delays can kill the possibility of any reapplication of the visa. I think it's unfair. I lodged my application on my 3rd year and in a month my original visa will expire. Anything that will happen against my application and that's it. If only they could act quicker I would not have to think about the whole thing now as hit or miss. Frustrating.

If you have more supporting documents now, might not be a bad idea to withdraw your application and re-apply again with more documents?

But I don't know how fast you can withdraw and re-apply though.