Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Delfin said:

Nope. Why do u think it will be refused?

Because i have 2 job 1 job paid fortnightly and another one taxi , taxi i can not drive every week .so i can not prove it, the week i had more than 35 hours . I asked so many people in this situation what can i do . One guy told me    to engage a accountant to organise a credible record for me. But i dont understand what does it mean .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Marcus said:

Why not Delfin? I always wanted to ask the same question. I'm interested to know the answer.

If you're talking about bridging visa that I get after u applied for 887 then the answer is no.. because it's not an eligible visa...

123.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jahidul said:

Because i have 2 job 1 job paid fortnightly and another one taxi , taxi i can not drive every week .so i can not prove it, the week i had more than 35 hours . I asked so many people in this situation what can i do . One guy told me    to engage a accountant to organise a credible record for me. But i dont understand what does it mean .

 

Let me ask you this. has ur visa 489 expired already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone 

my baby born on December, we submitted all documents to immigration 

passport

birth certificate

form 1436

form 1022 

when can I expect adding baby in to visa?

how many weeks they will take for updating in to 887 visa?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of sheer curiosity and therefore hypothetically calculate, would ask, how many applications applied in Jan 2018 arent yet touched by the COs? How many applicants arent contacted second time so far? How many applications have already crossed the 12 month mark after this new processing time (12+) has been declared? Any clues? Lets try to understand their strategy. I know it makes no sense, but atleast gives us an opportunity to discuss something more useful here :-).....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 7:46 PM, Kevin said:

It just a number of invitation, not really related to the visa processing time. Of course, 189 processing time is a lot faster than 887 which made me feel jealous. 

None of us deny that immigration try to make us to stay in the regional area as long as possible 😞

This figure however is not relation to current issue. 

How do you know the processing time for 189 is faster than 887 ?

According to this migration agent, the processing time for 189 takes 12 until 16 months (see and hear Question 2)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delfin said:

If you're talking about bridging visa that I get after u applied for 887 then the answer is no.. because it's not an eligible visa...

123.PNG

Thanks.

Amazing how these delays can kill the possibility of any reapplication of the visa. I think it's unfair. I lodged my application on my 3rd year and in a month my original visa will expire. Anything that will happen against my application and that's it. If only they could act quicker I would not have to think about the whole thing now as hit or miss. Frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marcus said:

Thanks.

Amazing how these delays can kill the possibility of any reapplication of the visa. I think it's unfair. I lodged my application on my 3rd year and in a month my original visa will expire. Anything that will happen against my application and that's it. If only they could act quicker I would not have to think about the whole thing now as hit or miss. Frustrating.

If you have more supporting documents now, might not be a bad idea to withdraw your application and re-apply again with more documents?

But I don't know how fast you can withdraw and re-apply though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after i read all,  i am very worried about my case , next month i will apply for 887 as per current processing time may be next year i will get PR...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delfin said:

If you have more supporting documents now, might not be a bad idea to withdraw your application and re-apply again with more documents?

But I don't know how fast you can withdraw and re-apply though.

 

Thought about it actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, peace_at_heart said:

To weed out stuff that is irrelevant to topic of the thread here, so we stay focused on the core issue of discussing our challenges with 887 application updates and documentation.

hi mate, the way the forum goes is fine (I am not disrespecting your thoughts), as it should be open to anyone to bring their issues, if you don't want to respond to them, it is all good. however, let other to express their views. They put down their thoughts here as they have no other place, so I think we all need to recognize the fact and respect. The scenarios are different, people have different problems....we all need to be together

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, S_SHAH said:

They can't see us...

.Untitled.thumb.png.665b2829354cabbcd5489e59f76af774.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=9e0103f9a3a43eadimageproxy.php?img=&key=9e0103f9a3a43ead

 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, nudgee said:

omg now there is no processing time, potentially we might have to wait longer?  

Did someone call immi to get an insight of what that exactly means to us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, Happy and lucky said:

Hi @kV-Is ShortName - 

- Waking up to such a wonderful/enlightening and fact packed answer has just made my day!
- Trust me! When I was finished up composing my post, I too was surprised how lengthy it was and was unsure if someone is going to even read it. And now, I am even more surprised seeing the detailed response you posted. 
- I am not appreciating you just because your answer brought me a lot of relief, but also for giving time to an absolute stranger.
- I recently joined this forum and I'll definitely stick around to have a smooth and guided journey from people like you. Thanks again:)

Always a pleasure @Happy and lucky. Been in the same shoes and I understand your situation. This forum is all about giving each other a much needed hand whenever in need. Good luck with your moving and shoot any questions you may have in future on here. Exciting times ahead!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

How do you know the processing time for 189 is faster than 887 ?

According to this migration agent, the processing time for 189 takes 12 until 16 months (see and hear Question 2)

 

@11Dec2015 Question 2 is about 187 and not 189.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen any grants in a while. Any idea what's happening? I would be 12 months by next month and hopefully I will receive mine soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sw1 said:

Haven't seen any grants in a while. Any idea what's happening? I would be 12 months by next month and hopefully I will receive mine soon.

Have you been sent any communication by immi till now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dee said:

Have you been sent any communication by immi till now?

Nothing yet. Status has been 'Received' since submission. No contact whatsoever, so hopefully it will be OK.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Delfin said:

Let me ask you this. has ur visa 489 expired already?

no ,not yet just 1 yr left, but i am trying  to finish this as soon as possible . So I am trying to prove that i genuinely worked 35 hours per week. just need to find out some ways to organize it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridging visa for 887 granted today to 5 months old son and also asked for his medical from GP.

887 applied on 14 april 2018.

Birth certificate, passport and form 1422 of son were uploaded on 2 nov 2018.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What does the processing time say in immi account

Still 12-14 months


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Deep 14 april said:

Bridging visa for 887 granted today to 5 months old son and also asked for his medical from GP.

887 applied on 14 april 2018.

Birth certificate, passport and form 1422 of son were uploaded on 2 nov 2018.

 

Can you please let us know ur application status.Looks like thy skipped feb & mar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you please let us know ur application status.Looks like thy skipped feb & mar
Dont think so. Its circumstantial thing.
Anyone else from April contacted ??

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use