sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Second paragraph: 'Migrants...must work in an occupation listed...'

I know they are not enforcing this so far. Hopefully it will remain like this.

But we must agree that a skilled immigration program targets our skills. If you are not using the skills the government sponsored you for, the program is not working. (not saying it's our fault)

image.png.bb0ba8bc074823927675f610129315f8.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George said:

But we must agree that a skilled immigration program targets our skills. If you are not using the skills the government sponsored you for, the program is not working. (not saying it's our fault)

What happens if the originally nominated skills are removed from those lists? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, George said:

Maybe this is a new requirement for 489's applied for in the last year or so ? George when did you apply for your 489 ?

Mine was applied back in 2015, and I'm 100% sure this conditions were not mentioned on the departments web site at that time.

39 minutes ago, George said:

This is ridiculous. If they want to enforce it, they might as well changed them to employer sponsorship visa. Besides, it can be understood as you can work in any profession in these lists not just the one you get 489 from. 

Edited by lpcallen

45 minutes ago, George said:

The only condition in my visa is to stay, study and live in regional Australia. It is stated in grant letter. They can't add other requirements as they see fit. I believe those CO still follow the rules. You can always argue.

1 hour ago, Jeff24 said:

Maybe this is a new requirement for 489's applied for in the last year or so ? George when did you apply for your 489 ?

Mine was applied back in 2015, and I'm 100% sure this conditions were not mentioned on the departments web site at that time.

My 489 was in 2016. I've always been 100% sure I had work in my nominated profession. But it may be because this condition is in my invitation letter.

It's not new for me but it's clear that is new for most of people here (because it was not in their letter). So it would be extremely unfair if they enforce this now.

But maybe, just maybe, this information was on the website back in 2015/2016 but it was not clear or evident. I don't know.

Guys, don’t take too much stress as we know whatever conditions in our visa are applicable for us not the new conditions that they are putting in the Beta website.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George said:

Hi George, can you provide me the link of this information on home affair website ?

Based on my assumption on your article, I think this one is only for those who want to apply 489 visa. Not for those who want to apply 887

For 2 years work full time in regional area, I worked as a chef ( Chef de party ) in some resorts and also worked as a geologist in Northern Territory. I think its still on the list of Medium and Long term Strategic skills list

Gosh, this topic is catching a big fire.

Look guys, the way I look at it, if you are applying for visa 887, then u need to meet the requirements for visa 887. NOT 489.

And this is what it says on the immi website:

"You must have lived and worked full-time (at least 35 hours a week) for at least 12 months as the holder of an eligible skilled visa.

Nowhere does it mention or use the word "skilled" or "nominated" or "occupation".

You just need to work at least 35 hours a week and get paid for those hours. Period.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I enquired with iscah migration agent and they said it's not for 887 visa applicants

image.png.cf76684e212d747d4b343645f0c0f5b0.png

I think it's about having an occupation in above lists if you are nominated/ sponsored by government / relative and applying for a 489 visa , not a condition or requirement of post grant

• Thanks 1

omg i am so worry now, I will apply 887 in April and i have been working in a call center as a customer service operator for 1 and half year. I am not sure if my occupation is not any of these list, will it affect my 887 application ? 

I am waiting for him to provide the link of the information.

If No link it means hoax and he just wants to increase your anxiety and stress level.

Sorry to say but that’s all“CRAP” you can work in any occupation you like, but must have 52 weeks full time payslip for 887 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I think that is the link of the information that he provided before.

Based on my interpretation, Its for those who want to apply for 489 visa.

Not for all of you guys, who want to apply for 887 visa

Just relax, enjoy your life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dar8 said:

I enquired with iscah migration agent and they said it's not for 887 visa applicants

image.png.cf76684e212d747d4b343645f0c0f5b0.png

I think it's about having an occupation in above lists if you are nominated/ sponsored by government / relative and applying for a 489 visa , not a condition or requirement of post grant

I consulted with 2 different agents myself in the past. They both said I can work in any occupation while holding 489.

Last year (this was long before I lodged my 887 application), I also called immi and asked them about this. the operator said I don't need to work in my nominated occupation. 

Now, the picture that @George posted earlier is a bit shocking though to be honest. Maybe they just implemented that recently?

But I for one never heard anything like that 3-4 years ago. 

• Like 4

There are different sub classes for visa 489.. search for visa 489 on website and it would show different visas with different conditions.. none of u guys are wrong.. it depends what sub class u are on..

Great news !!!

Do you want to be a famous person ?

No worries... ... 

Just post some hoax in this forum——

And it will be done 😜😜😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, T04 said:

Great news !!!

Do you want to be a famous person ?

No worries... ... 

Just post some hoax in this forum——

And it will be done 😜😜😜

Be very careful mates, and heads up!

A quote from Ziad K. Abdelnour who once said "Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

🙂

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 10:52 PM, Deep 14 april said:

No there is no fees for newborn. I only uploaded birth certificate , passport and form 1022 in immiaccount on 2 nov 2018.

They sent me a consent form which have to be signed by one of the parents and another thing they asked is letter from GP which should state they have examined the child and his health.

Hi @Deep we are newbie here and here is our timeline:

Lodge 887 - 05 Jul 18

Newborn - 17 Aug 18

Approved 489 for newborn - 24Sep 18

Newborn passport uploaded - 25 Oct 18

Until now we dont hear from the CO. We dont have the medical form or consent yet. Can you let us know if the consent can be downloaded from the website or we have to wait for the CO to send it? 

By the way, thanks to all for their inputs. We've been following the topics on 887 on this forum. It has been so helpful.

Cheers!

Jo and Ron

16 hours ago, George said:

I challenge you to take a print screen of your invitation letter and prove I'm wrong. Show where they say: 'If an immigrant on a sc489 cannot find a job relating to their profession then they can consider alternative employment until their circumstances change'.

(maybe only my invitation letter is like this...lol)

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if you can substantiate your claim. 

George,

I don't have a claim to substantiate, I have given my opinion on experience.

Your requirement for NT may be different, our invitation in NSW only referred to the commitment to remain in the region for the 2 year period and to work for at least 1 year, there was no restriction on work type. Nevertheless, many immigrants that have arrived and carried out jobs different to their skillset or occupation have managed to get the 887 PR, which is proof enough in itself. I have friends that have received their 887 visas doing completely different jobs that had nothing to do with their original skills assessment and occupation. I received the same advice from my immigration agent and a lawyer. There are many media pieces on the matter.

There are many on this forum who have had the same experience

• Like 2

Looks like the Conclusion ,please follow the visa rules issued to you.Website update are guidelines only new candidates.Good Morning all.Hope we all hear from immi soon.

• Like 1

Do they actually check with the state migration office,

1. whether we lived in the sponsored state ? (They just check for rental agreements or some kind of a proof, i have never heard they check with local migration office)

2. Worked in the nominated or closed related occupation ? ( they just need 52 payslips, they don't call your employer to check what you  did)

So just follow the immi web site. 

31 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

George,

I don't have a claim to substantiate, I have given my opinion on experience.

Your requirement for NT may be different, our invitation in NSW only referred to the commitment to remain in the region for the 2 year period and to work for at least 1 year, there was no restriction on work type. Nevertheless, many immigrants that have arrived and carried out jobs different to their skillset or occupation have managed to get the 887 PR, which is proof enough in itself. I have friends that have received their 887 visas doing completely different jobs that had nothing to do with their original skills assessment and occupation. I received the same advice from my immigration agent and a lawyer. There are many media pieces on the matter.

There are many on this forum who have had the same experience

i agree.. and in case of a couple  either of them can be the primary applicant for 887, regardless of who was the primary one for 489; as long as one of them have met the conditions. So obviously meeting the requirement of working in the same category don't even apply to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1