887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

40 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

@chandra had this 887 related question on a different thread. Can someone answer Chandra?

Hi 

i am applying for 887general skilled migration online...

while filling online there is one question visa label number 11 digit number....i entered my current visa 489 grant number but it says wrong format

can any one help what i have to fill  11 digit visa number ?

did any one face the same issue and what you have filled ?

if  i left blank i am able to continue application further but little concerned if i left blank will be an issue.

Thanks,

Chandra

I think, I left it blank, this question 11 in the application is residual from the times when the visa was a sticker in the passport... 🙂 It used to have a number back in the day.

Not 100% sure, but from my memory you can leave blank. They will have your 489 visa details anyways. 🙂 Anyone else left it blank guys? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peace_at_heart said:

@chandra had this 887 related question on a different thread. Can someone answer Chandra?

Hi 

i am applying for 887general skilled migration online...

while filling online there is one question visa label number 11 digit number....i entered my current visa 489 grant number but it says wrong format

can any one help what i have to fill  11 digit visa number ?

did any one face the same issue and what you have filled ?

if  i left blank i am able to continue application further but little concerned if i left blank will be an issue.

Thanks,

Chandra

I did leave it blank as well, the field applies only for a physical Visa pasted in to your passport.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Capboy said:

I did some research and I have further questions to clarify with you guys:-

Employment Reference Letter
- Should I get it right after leaving the work place or I should wait till 887 application? Does the date of the reference letter matter?
- Hard luck for me to have joined a restaurant that didn't turn out well and I have to involve Fair Works to resolve issues. No way I could get any employment reference letter from my ex boss anymore and it's such a waste because I've accumulated few months of 35 hours a week there. I'm thinking to ask Fair Works officer to issue a formal letter to substitute the employment reference letter. Would CO accept this? Anyone has the same experience?

Superannuation
- Yes, it's stated in my payslips but so far nothing in my Super account yet from my current and ex bosses. If I'm forced to go to the authority again, my employment reference letter will be jeopardized. Seriously, this is not going to be easy!! (facepalm)
- By the way, is it compulsory to provide Super documentations as a supporting document?

Thanks again for all your great help! 😀

Hi @Capboy

I'm sharing with you what I did (based on my experience).

Employment Reference Letter

You could get it right after leaving work OR at the time you are about to submit your 887 application. The letter must be dated. You can find all the necessary and important informations (that must appear in the letter) in the immi website https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

I was forthright and candid with my employer. Before I started to work as housekeeper, cleaner, room attendant, kitchen helper, waiter, dishwasher (and every hard-labouring job you can find in the business establishment except being a cook because I don't cook), I've told them that I would be needing an employment reference letter for my immigration visa application. If you need to (just like what I've done, but with their consent, of course), write the employment reference yourself and after you have made them signed the letter, give them a copy. 

Establishing a good rapport is the key.

Our 489 is only here temporarily, and in the greater scheme of things, aren't we all? 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi All,
If some of you remember, I raised the 887 application processing delay through my local federal MP Dr. McVeigh in October. Here is the response I got from the Immigration Department today. Sharing with you all. I really appreciate the office of my local MP to take the issue all the way to the department.

image.thumb.png.b0334f74aac1f27a5e4ea7b2b853778e.png

Good job mate really appreciate. Hopefully something gonna turn up soon. Finger crossed

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi everyone, one of my friend just applied for 887 last month. When he went to centerlink for his medicare card they said after finishing his 489 the 887 bridiging visa gonna active and then he can apply for medicare card. But as we know we r entitle for medicare once we apply for 887. Can anyone provide me any link for this or is there any recent change ?
Thnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Mehedi said:

Hi everyone, one of my friend just applied for 887 last month. When he went to centerlink for his medicare card they said after finishing his 489 the 887 bridiging visa gonna active and then he can apply for medicare card. But as we know we r entitle for medicare once we apply for 887. Can anyone provide me any link for this or is there any recent change ?
Thnx

Did he take Bridging visa copy with him to show. Usually they ask for bridging visa copy and your driving licence and passport. I don't think there is any change.

12 minutes ago, Mehedi said:

Thnx

Hi Mehedi, can’t see anything changed from the link below. I think any 887 applicant holding valid 489 is still eligible for Medicare. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-card/eligibility/who-can-get-it#a4

33 minutes ago, Mehedi said:

Thnx

Mate,

ask him to go to different centerlink office and show the Bridging visa. Also make sure to don't tell about previous attempt.

Cheers

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Mate,

ask him to go to different centerlink office and show the Bridging visa. Also make sure to don't tell about previous attempt.

Cheers

Ya ask him to go to another medicare centerlink office.Ask him to take the application form downloaded and filled .Just be in queue and in check that he wants to apply medicare.Pls dont answer if there is no question.I got my CRN number for centerlink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys need some help i applied for my wifes 489 i uploded each and every document and evidence of the relationship i could produce both from her and my side unfortunately co sophorn requested for more info regarding the relationship factor i have uploded each and every aspect but in the checklist she mentions them again my question is would the file uploaded in immiacount wouldnt be she able to view it or any other factors please guys this is 489 subsequent entrant please help 

8 hours ago, James said:

Hi guys need some help i applied for my wifes 489 i uploded each and every document and evidence of the relationship i could produce both from her and my side unfortunately co sophorn requested for more info regarding the relationship factor i have uploded each and every aspect but in the checklist she mentions them again my question is would the file uploaded in immiacount wouldnt be she able to view it or any other factors please guys this is 489 subsequent entrant please help 

Marriage certificate was enough in my case ? Did you submit your one ?

8 hours ago, James said:

Hi @James, she may have sent you a generic list, which has everything in it, even what you have already submitted. 🙂 Your message is a bit too vague, cannot really answer your query because we do not know exactly what has been uploaded and what CO is asking... Of course, we understand if you don't want to share details, but it is making it hard for us to help you. 🙂 

As an example, for partners visa my friend has uploaded:

Marriage certificate, joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account statements, domestic bills in both names for her and her husband, husband's super certificate where she is mentioned as a main beneficiary, Christmas cards and joint party invitations, lots of photos together with her husband for the last few years, car insurances where they are both nominated drivers for the same vehicle, etc. they also submitted stat decs from their friends to say they have been living together as a married couple for a long time. Just an example, but I guess, you do not need this much for 489? 

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi @James, she may have sent you a generic list, which has everything in it, even what you have already submitted. 🙂 Your message is a bit too vague, cannot really answer your query because we do not know exactly what has been uploaded and what CO is asking... Of course, we understand if you don't want to share details, but it is making it hard for us to help you. 🙂 

As an example, for partners visa my friend has uploaded:

Marriage certificate, joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account statements, domestic bills in both names for her and her husband, husband's super certificate where she is mentioned as a main beneficiary, Christmas cards and joint party invitations, lots of photos together with her husband for the last few years, car insurances where they are both nominated drivers for the same vehicle, etc. they also submitted stat decs from their friends to say they have been living together as a married couple for a long time. Just an example, but I guess, you do not need this much for 489? 

Hi russki i sent them whatsapp chats for a whole year photos of marriage as she is offshore we dont have shared bills whatsapp calls stat dec from her parents and from mine aswell that the relation ship is genuine stat declaration from me and her how we met and got married with our future plans and i also had form 888 where my cousins write that the relation ship is ongoing and we are married couple i submitted all of this i am curious they asked for all of the stuff again 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, James said:

Hi russki i sent them whatsapp chats for a whole year photos of marriage as she is offshore we dont have shared bills whatsapp calls stat dec from her parents and from mine aswell that the relation ship is genuine stat declaration from me and her how we met and got married with our future plans and i also had form 888 where my cousins write that the relation ship is ongoing and we are married couple i submitted all of this i am curious they asked for all of the stuff again 

The best possible bet would be to get a stat declaration from some of your relatives/friends locally( if any) who have connection with you stating your marriage is genuine.  I had similar situation and I submitted a stat declaration from my sister and that did the trick.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SSH said:

The best possible bet would be to get a stat declaration from some of your relatives/friends locally( if any) who have connection with you stating your marriage is genuine.  I had similar situation and I submitted a stat declaration from my sister and that did the trick.

True mate i had already provided stat decs from my cousins which is the form 888 

1 hour ago, James said:

Hm... Not sure what is going on... Are you sure the documents you attached are readable and good quality? 🙂 Call the service centre and ask what is going on. They are not awfully helpful, but still give it a go. Explain to them what you have just shared with us and ask why you are being asked for the same stuff again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, James said:

I would highly recommend re-visiting what you have already submitted as there is whole lot of checks happening these days and possibly something that would be missing. And as already suggested call them and see if that helps. We are reading and hearing about lot of cases these days because of which genuine cases also are investigated. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dee said:

I would highly recommend re-visiting what you have already submitted as there is whole lot of checks happening these days and possibly something that would be missing. And as already suggested call them and see if that helps. We are reading and hearing about lot of cases these days because of which genuine cases also are investigated. All the best!

I understand your part but my marriage was arranged marriage we talked for 6 months went to meet her and decided to get  married i have all the proofs we are talking daily interms of whatsapp and call twice or thrice a week had put marriage and other photos together stat dec from both side of parents 

dont know what else mate i need to prove genuiness

• Like 2

Guys I am so pissed off! I just got a call from immigration saying they were ready to grant my visa but they see that I was in Ireland for 3 months this year and that that is a ‘significant amount of time’ to be away so they needed a new police clearance from Ireland. What a joke!?! I got my pre-grant on January 9th, while I was out of the country, why didn’t they ask for this further information then? He also said that my AFP will expire on March 15th so I need to get it before then or I’ll have to get new AFPs. He has given me a different email address to send the Irish police clearance to. 

Timeline

applied 10/01/2018

first contact 29/07/2018 co Dat

pregrant 9/01/2018 co Kim 

request further info 5/02/2018 co Peter

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3