Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mehedi said:


But i heard that u need at least 6 month expiry in ur passport when they gonna take a decision. Otherwise they may ask to renew instead of direct grant. I m not sure though. Someone told me. Is it true?
 

In my opinion, much better to renew passport. 🙂  I think, it won't hurt, and you can apply for a new one up to 9 months before the old one's expiry date. Passport authorities are adding the time "not used" in the old passport to your new passport validity. If it makes sense... 

Yes, I also heard about 6 months thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi all
Really disappointed about Immigration slow work, I checked the immigration website, 887 Visas not affected by priority processing ,(https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/priority-processing)
and if you check the process time on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887
it display
75% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
  • 90% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
low volume of applications, and so slow. I wait more than 10 months. no CO contact me.
 
 
 
Same here. Really a big big disappointment.
I am not sure how to contact media here or if someone can access them.
On one side they are saying low volumes and still no processing.


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know what does this mean for us.. our immi a/c shows 12 to 14 months but website shows unknown.. seriously i dont know what next we can do..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DKAGG said:

I think it's first time that someone received grant within 1 day of submitting docs. Congratulation dear. Time to celebrate.

CO Peter called me and told me I needed a new police clearance for Ireland. He gave me a different email address and he said he would get it to the right place once I emailed it through. He followed through on his word as my visa was granted literally 8 hours after I emailed him. Good on him!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. @Russki I especially hope you get your  visa soon.

i just wanted to add that I only stayed in Northern Territory for 2 years exactly. I then moved to Perth city, which isn’t regional. I notified the dept about my change in address and it didn’t affect my visa process. But... I wasn’t working in Perth as I was on maternity leave so I’m not sure what would have happened if I had applied for a job. Anyway I just thought I’d mention this as people are always asking if they are allowed to move while their 887 is processing. 

Good luck everyone.. next step citizenship 🇦🇺 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. @Russki I especially hope you get your  visa soon.

i just wanted to add that I only stayed in Northern Territory for 2 years exactly. I then moved to Perth city, which isn’t regional. I notified the dept about my change in address and it didn’t affect my visa process. But... I wasn’t working in Perth as I was on maternity leave so I’m not sure what would have happened if I had applied for a job. Anyway I just thought I’d mention this as people are always asking if they are allowed to move while their 887 is processing. 

Good luck everyone.. next step citizenship 🇦🇺 

Hi @Applied 10/01, could you tell us what additional documents CO Dat ask from you on 29/07/2018? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry for the late message guys but I’ve been celebrating. Today I received the magical golden email. Myself and my family are now PEEMANENT RESIDENTS 
my dad did some ninja sh*t and got an Irish police clearance for me in 18 hours. 
My advice to anyone about to apply, if the question ‘I wonder should I submit BLA BLA BLA’ comes into your head, just submit it. 
Best of luck everyone. You have the luck of the Irish now
Timeline: 13 months
applied 10/01/2018
Request for further information 29/07/2018 CO Dat for daughter medical
pregrant 9/01/2019 CO Kim (I was out of the country until Jan 11th)
Request for further information 05/02/2019 Irish police clearance because I spent 12 weeks in the last 12 months in Ireland CO Peter 
07/02/2019 Granted CO Peter 
 
Congratulations mate :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hi @Applied 10/01, could you tell us what additional documents CO Dat ask from you on 29/07/2018? thanks

I was asked for baby’s medical, partners F80 and I’d made a mistake on my F80 which made it look like I’d been in USA for a year when it was only 2 weeks so they asked for a police cert. I just uploaded the flights and explained is made a mistake and that was all fine. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Applied 10/01 said:

I was asked for baby’s medical, partners F80 and I’d made a mistake on my F80 which made it look like I’d been in USA for a year when it was only 2 weeks so they asked for a police cert. I just uploaded the flights and explained is made a mistake and that was all fine. 

Hi dear

have you also filled for 1221. I think it’s more like for those who applying from overseas. Mostly section seems to be irrelevant. Can anyone please share fillled form 1221 in PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Honey said:

Hi dear

have you also filled for 1221. I think it’s more like for those who applying from overseas. Mostly section seems to be irrelevant. Can anyone please share fillled form 1221 in PM.

I am onshore and my agent recommended me to fill 1221 so I did that

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I’m going to apPly  for 887 but I have question when I came to Australia I have friends where I stayed with for almost 6 month in metro city till I found house because it was very hard to find on in Geelong is it going to affect my 887app please help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi I’m going to apPly  for 887 but I have question when I came to Australia I have friends where I stayed with for almost 6 month in metro city till I found house because it was very hard to find on in Geelong is it going to affect my 887app please help

You just need to get a stat dec from your friend stating you live with them for 6 months

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but I am going to stay in regional area for extra 2 years but the question is living in city breaching for 489 Visa ?? Does it affect my 887 app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi me and my partner both on 489 regional sponsored visa which was granted on 3rd aug 2016 till 3rd aug 2020. We moved to regional area in April 2017 and are eligible to lodge 887 in April 2019. Partner will be main applicant in 887. Worked in regional full time (may-sep2017). Lost job. Bought his truck and worked as a subcontractor in a courier company with his own ABN. But  we were told that his office is in metro we can’t prove that how many deliveries he did regional and non regional. Then he started Uber in September and will continue till April 2019 till our 2 year  time finishes. Me being the secondary applicant worked june2017-aug2018 in non regional and from September started working in regional area. Recently bought a property in regional too.we came to know even I have not fulfilled the compliance. We are in stress. Please suggest other options/recommendation/suggestion. What alternative we have ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nsingh said:

Hi me and my partner both on 489 regional sponsored visa which was granted on 3rd aug 2016 till 3rd aug 2020. We moved to regional area in April 2017 and are eligible to lodge 887 in April 2019. Partner will be main applicant in 887. Worked in regional full time (may-sep2017). Lost job. Bought his truck and 

Hi @Nsingh🙂 I think,  a good move for you to talk to a migration agent, just book 1 hour consultation,  $200... 

I think, if you cannot "squeeze" 1 year full time regional work before your 489 runs out,  there is an option to reapply for another 489, like an extension.  But looking at dates, you both should be OK for working and living requirement, so no need to panic. 

You can be main applicant for 887 because you will have 1 year regional full time work by the time of application for 887. 

But looks like your partner also will accumulate 1 year regional full time work working for uber by the time of application,  is it correct?  🙂 he already has 5 months up his sleeve from working for previous employer in 2017.  🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @Nsingh🙂 I think,  a good move for you to talk to a migration agent, just book 1 hour consultation,  $200... 

I think, if you cannot "squeeze" 1 year full time regional work before your 489 runs out,  there is an option to reapply for another 489, like an extension.  But looking at dates, you both should be OK for working and living requirement, so no need to panic. 

You can be main applicant for 887 because you will have 1 year regional full time work by the time of application for 887. 

But looks like your partner also will accumulate 1 year regional full time work working for uber by the time of application,  is it correct?  🙂 he already has 5 months up his sleeve from working for previous employer in 2017.  🙂

@Nsingh I agree with @Russki here, its best to talk to migration agent. Sometimes we assume lots of things and start the never-ending worry game, just because someone else had assumed in the past. Its best to talk to a professional to come out of the situation.Good Luck!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 12:46 AM, Applied 10/01 said:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. @Russki I especially hope you get your  visa soon.

i just wanted to add that I only stayed in Northern Territory for 2 years exactly. I then moved to Perth city, which isn’t regional. I notified the dept about my change in address and it didn’t affect my visa process. But... I wasn’t working in Perth as I was on maternity leave so I’m not sure what would have happened if I had applied for a job. Anyway I just thought I’d mention this as people are always asking if they are allowed to move while their 887 is processing. 

Good luck everyone.. next step citizenship 🇦🇺 

HI @Applied 10/01 do you mean even when visa 489, you can still move to the metropolitan area? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 9:24 AM, Honey said:

Hi dear

have you also filled for 1221. I think it’s more like for those who applying from overseas. Mostly section seems to be irrelevant. Can anyone please share fillled form 1221 in PM.

I didn’t fill in the 1221

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

HI @Applied 10/01 do you mean even when visa 489, you can still move to the metropolitan area? 

Yes I was still on the 489 when I moved to metropolitan Perth but I had filed for my 887 visa. I didn’t work when I moved to metro though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Russki said:

I think, if you cannot "squeeze" 1 year full time regional work before your 489 runs out,  there is an option to reapply for another 489, like an extension.  But looking at dates, you both should be OK for working and living requirement, so no need to panic. 

Hey Russki, I just checked, I don't think 489 holders are able to extend their visa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we ask the progress for  processing time  after the petition? it seems that  most updated case granted recently for  those who subitted on january 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hey Russki, I just checked, I don't think 489 holders are able to extend their visa.

OK, I see. 🙂 I meant more like applying for a new 489 while onshore... My friends did that recently and they got it in just a couple months. I guess, it is because they are already here, working.  

I am honestly a bit scared to advise anything here with little knowledge, I still think, talking to an agent is the best bet for @Nsingh. 🙂  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

First of all I wish all of you receive your visa soon:). I have applied for 489 visa which I received recently and we are planning to move to Adelaide in April. I was wondering if -

We can stay in Adelaide and do Work from home for company which is located in another state lets say Melbourne Victoria  till we do not find a job in Adelaide?

Can a company shift us from 489 to permanent visa(company sponsored) while we are on 489?

What is the best localities(safe and in city) to look for a rented home?

Do we have to pay something extra in advance to Landlord/Owner for renting the house apart from rent (as a security deposit)?   

What is the best way to secure a job in Adelaide, through companies or Are there any consultancies for IT sector?

What is the best way to get my resume with cover letter done to secure a job in Adelaide Australia, Can someone refer a company or site who helps to get it done?

Thank you so so much in advance for helping me out 🙂    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick post and update to try and keep everyone positive ….

for 10-11 months I was as most are -- doing the 887 Hamster Wheel ….

Got my golden email on 26.10.2018 … 7.12.2018 … bought my first Oz Property a brand new 4 bedroom house …. moved in to my new home with my beautiful family ...February 2019 ...

The difficult bit is being patient waiting for the golden email -- I was not patient as I submitted complaints, contacted the Immi Helpline every week ...emailed immigration in Adelaide …

The Golden Email will come eventually ….

I am very thankful for all that I have and the opportunities that the 'Lucky Country' has given me …. Keep the Faith 🙂

Good Luck everyone 🙂

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use