Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mb88 said:

Hi everyone,I'm new here and will soon apply for 887. I have a couple of questions here:

1. Someone has mentioned about passport size photo for the applicant that needs to be certified, does it mean our passport or another photo. If it's the latter,how do we have it certified?just stick on a piece of paper and have the pharmacist to certify it?

2. I scanned all my bank statements and they're really huge file of 10MB, Iheard files should be 5MB max. I'm not so good with programs so I'm not quite sure how to decrease the file sizes.

Hope to hear your advices guys.Thanks 😊           

Hi,

The passport photos that are mentioned is just an updated passport size photo. Take an electronic copy and include those, I never had mine certified

For bank statements only include the relevant pages, not the entire bank statement. Reduce each statement to the relevant page/pages and then combine with the same for other months so that you reduce 12 or 24 months into 1 PDF file

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hi,

The passport photos that are mentioned is just an updated passport size photo. Take an electronic copy and include those, I never had mine certified

For bank statements only include the relevant pages, not the entire bank statement. Reduce each statement to the relevant page/pages and then combine with the same for other months so that you reduce 12 or 24 months into 1 PDF file

Thank you so much for your advice, I scanned every single page of my bank statements,that's why it's such a large file. 

Thanks once again.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hey guys,

really happy for those who’ve got their grant and hoping for best for those waiting.

Ive been a silient observer of this forum for a while. I got my visa 489 in feb last year from orana NSW. I moved to a regional town of Victoria (SEBASTOPOL 3356) in October last year and have been working full time aswell.

I know this has been asked again and again but will their be any problem once I complete my 2 years here and apply for 887. It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887.

also can i apply for visa 189 while on 489?

please if someone could clarify this issue for me.

thanks in advance😊

Hi Shaan

Many people here moved to different states of Regional areas before applying 887 

Please message me I will explain 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

So it means we both are sailing in same boat

Yes there so many people.  Applicant who applied for 887 in Feb 2018 no case officer is assigned to them so far. At least there some case officer assigned to Ur case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Does anyone know any employee working in immigration??

Hi Mate,

 

I know one guy who used to work there but not now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Does anyone know any employee working in immigration??

tried to check with my agent about processing status but he has no idea. Completed 1 year yesterday and still waiting. Ombudsman is not an option for us at the moment. Can anyone from Adelaide applicants arrange a meeting with Premier Steven Marshall? He might do something for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wincivil said:

Hi Shaan

Many people here moved to different states of Regional areas before applying 887 

Please message me I will explain 

 

That is true, I know two of my friends moved out the region before applying for 887

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roma said:

Hi Mate,

 

I know one guy who used to work there but not now. 

Can you ask him if he still has some contacts in there and might be able to get us some imformation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

tried to check with my agent about processing status but he has no idea. Completed 1 year yesterday and still waiting. Ombudsman is not an option for us at the moment. Can anyone from Adelaide applicants arrange a meeting with Premier Steven Marshall? He might do something for us.

I was thinking they gonna pick at least couple of files this week from feb and grant them . As few have us has crossed the 1 year mark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you ask him if he still has some contacts in there and might be able to get us some imformation
I am still not sure why we dont email media channels?
There are emails mentioned on each website of media houses. If its not going to change, either its not gonna worsen anything too

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Can you ask him if he still has some contacts in there and might be able to get us some imformation

Ok let me check with him and get back to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Angos said:

I was thinking they gonna pick at least couple of files this week from feb and grant them . As few have us has crossed the 1 year mark. 

Yup I was hoping the same. Atleast they should start processing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @wincivil

thanks for the revert

i can’t send you a message, could you explain in here please?

3 hours ago, wincivil said:

Hi Shaan

Many people here moved to different states of Regional areas before applying 887 

Please message me I will explain 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey guys,
really happy for those who’ve got their grant and hoping for best for those waiting.
Ive been a silient observer of this forum for a while. I got my visa 489 in feb last year from orana NSW. I moved to a regional town of Victoria (SEBASTOPOL 3356) in October last year and have been working full time aswell.
I know this has been asked again and again but will their be any problem once I complete my 2 years here and apply for 887. It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887.
also can i apply for visa 189 while on 489?
please if someone could clarify this issue for me.
thanks in advance

Yes you can
One of my friend did it
And he got 189 onshore from 489


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Its only my personal opinion don't relay on it. I am on the same boat like you. We can't include our wife into 887, probably it cost only $385. For other application we can easily include our wife. 189,190,489 cost $3800 has option to include wife. Its always better include the member with the actual application. If you can't do that you can do it other way. I have contacted one migration agent they have replied as

Hi xxxxx

Thank you for your email

Presumably your 489 visa is still in effect, then you can apply for 489 Subsequent Entrant for your wife.

When she gets this 489 Subsequent Entrant visa approval, she can enter Australia BUT you cannot add her in the 887 visa.

You can lodge a new 887 visa with both applicants included OR wait until you get your 887 visa approved and then lodge onshore spouse visa

Regards

Hopefully it might be helpful.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk
 

Can I understand that you have already applied for 887 visa? If so, it is hard as your wife does not even has 489 visa yet. 

However, if you have a plan to apply for 887 visa with your wife after she get the 489 through the subsequent entrant, there is no problem at all.

That's why your agent suggest you either wait until she get 489 visa and then, apply new 887 visa including your wife or apply for spouse visa when your 887 visa is granted. 

The low visa cost is not an issue, as she will have to pay $3800 ono for 489 subsequent entrant, then pay extra $385 for 887. 

I wish my explanation helps you to understand the issue correctly. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mb88 said:

Hi everyone,I'm new here and will soon apply for 887. I have a couple of questions here:

1. Someone has mentioned about passport size photo for the applicant that needs to be certified, does it mean our passport or another photo. If it's the latter,how do we have it certified?just stick on a piece of paper and have the pharmacist to certify it?

2. I scanned all my bank statements and they're really huge file of 10MB, Iheard files should be 5MB max. I'm not so good with programs so I'm not quite sure how to decrease the file sizes.

Hope to hear your advices guys.Thanks 😊           

You can covert the statement into pdf file and reduce it size

Edited by JoeIAm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi , thanks for sharing this update.
I have applied the Bridging Visa B on February 11.
Dont know if I have to wait for it or just travel with Bridging Visa A.
I request all to share our plight with Julian Hill MP too and with your local MPs.


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Butt said:

Hi , thanks for sharing this update.
I have applied the Bridging Visa B on February 11.
Dont know if I have to wait for it or just travel with Bridging Visa A.
I request all to share our plight with Julian Hill MP too and with your local MPs.
Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

Please be careful! 😵 You cannot travel with Bridging Visa A only, they will not let yo back into Australia. Make sure you have 489 still valid or you have Bridging Visa B issued. Good luck! 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning all,

Can I attach documents before I submitting the 887 application form? To save some time..🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use