sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

14 minutes ago, Russki said:

It will be a good idea for you to talk to the regional immigration office for Dubbo. Explain to them that your job currently is in regional Vic and ask them if they will supply you with the letter, stating that they do not mind you staying and working in Vic for the following 2 years. It will need to be an official letter. 🙂 They most likely will be nice and will release you without problem. So when you apply for 887 you will just attach their letter to your application and there will be no problem.

In my opinion it is the best way. 🙂 But maybe the guys here have other suggestions?

In any case, you are not breaching your visa condition because you live and and work in regional, but you are doing "a dirty" on your inviting state, which is not very nice... Just call them and chat with them. 😉 Let us know what they say.

I agree with Russki.

On the NSW Regional Development Northern Inland website, they clearly mentioned about the letter as below:

I think better to talk with your inviting state for a release letter if possible to minimise the potential issues

But again, the such requirments may differ from state to state

Release Letter

A “Release Letter”, releasing a 489 visa recipient from their obligation to this region may not be granted without the visa holder showing that they have taken serious steps to relocate to or remain in this region, through seeking employment. Such a letter can provide peace-of-mind when a skilled migrant needs to broaden their job search beyond their nominating region.

RDA Northern Inland has been informed that 489 visa holders do not need a "Release Letter" for their permanent 887 visa application.

Where someone has been advised by the Department of Home Affairs to obtain a release letter please send an email request to migration@rdani.org.au with the following:

• your current address
  • a copy of your visa grant notice from the Department of Home Affairs attached
  • an explanation as to why you are requesting the release letter

Edited by Waiting for 887
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hey guys,

really happy for those who’ve got their grant and hoping for best for those waiting.

Ive been a silient observer of this forum for a while. I got my visa 489 in feb last year from orana NSW. I moved to a regional town of Victoria (SEBASTOPOL 3356) in October last year and have been working full time aswell.

I know this has been asked again and again but will their be any problem once I complete my 2 years here and apply for 887. It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887.

also can i apply for visa 189 while on 489?

please if someone could clarify this issue for me.

thanks in advance😊

I have done research on this and lawyers informed me that my visa conditions give me the right to work in any regional area without a release letter. I have many friends and colleagues that have moved regions and had no problems receiving their PR. A release letter is the ideal way to go about it but at the same time it will not affect your 887 visa grant or application as it is not legally required. Seeing as you have already moved some time ago you obviously do not need a release letter. If they do not issue you a release letter because you have already moved then you are on your own anyway and I am sure you will not return to NSW.  Be careful to draw attention to yourself from immigration in the region , rather talk to an expert if you are hesitant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Ranju, not trying to be disrespectful but your comments are always negative and don't seem to help the forum much, kind of like a 'Doomsday Sayer'. Try be more positive, if you can?

Hard to digest the truth.Its the trend,when I applied in feb'18 it was 7 months .Feb'19 its 12-14 months but still received in status which means it's mathematical wrong.I recently heard from one of my friend that India is high risk country for immigration. Try for best prepare for worst. I will opt as a silent follower mate here onwards.

6 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Hard to digest the truth.Its the trend,when I applied in feb'18 it was 7 months .Feb'19 its 12-14 months but still received in status which means it's mathematical wrong.I recently heard from one of my friend that India is high risk country for immigration. Try for best prepare for worst. I will opt as a silent follower mate here onwards.

Hopefully the delays are temporary until the department sorts its issues out, whatever they might be

Hi guys,

not sure how will it go but i just mentioned our pain about processing time to our officer and this is what he replied 

"Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

I have forwarded your email to staff at the NSW Government, the Department of Home Affairs. I put a few paragraphs about the issue in a separate message from me, above yours."

I will update you when i have a reply from these Departments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Hi everyone,I'm new here and will soon apply for 887. I have a couple of questions here:

1. Someone has mentioned about passport size photo for the applicant that needs to be certified, does it mean our passport or another photo. If it's the latter,how do we have it certified?just stick on a piece of paper and have the pharmacist to certify it?

2. I scanned all my bank statements and they're really huge file of 10MB, Iheard files should be 5MB max. I'm not so good with programs so I'm not quite sure how to decrease the file sizes.

Hope to hear your advices guys.Thanks 😊           

I guys need a help on below

FORM 80

Part C Question 15 - Do you currently have, or have you ever had, any national identity documents or numbers (including birth registration numbers, social security cards etc)?

1.      Do we need to provide our Australia Driver License details?

Part F – Employment

Does the business address need to match with the company letter head address, I work in a store but the head office is in Melbourne so the letter head got the Melbourne address.

2.      So which address should I mention the store or company address?

6 minutes ago, mb88 said:

Hi everyone,I'm new here and will soon apply for 887. I have a couple of questions here:

1. Someone has mentioned about passport size photo for the applicant that needs to be certified, does it mean our passport or another photo. If it's the latter,how do we have it certified?just stick on a piece of paper and have the pharmacist to certify it?

2. I scanned all my bank statements and they're really huge file of 10MB, Iheard files should be 5MB max. I'm not so good with programs so I'm not quite sure how to decrease the file sizes.

Hope to hear your advices guys.Thanks 😊           

Hi,

The passport photos that are mentioned is just an updated passport size photo. Take an electronic copy and include those, I never had mine certified

For bank statements only include the relevant pages, not the entire bank statement. Reduce each statement to the relevant page/pages and then combine with the same for other months so that you reduce 12 or 24 months into 1 PDF file

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hi,

The passport photos that are mentioned is just an updated passport size photo. Take an electronic copy and include those, I never had mine certified

For bank statements only include the relevant pages, not the entire bank statement. Reduce each statement to the relevant page/pages and then combine with the same for other months so that you reduce 12 or 24 months into 1 PDF file

Thank you so much for your advice, I scanned every single page of my bank statements,that's why it's such a large file. 

Thanks once again.😊

3 hours ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hey guys,

really happy for those who’ve got their grant and hoping for best for those waiting.

Ive been a silient observer of this forum for a while. I got my visa 489 in feb last year from orana NSW. I moved to a regional town of Victoria (SEBASTOPOL 3356) in October last year and have been working full time aswell.

I know this has been asked again and again but will their be any problem once I complete my 2 years here and apply for 887. It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887.

thanks in advance😊

Hi Shaan

Many people here moved to different states of Regional areas before applying 887 

Please message me I will explain 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

So it means we both are sailing in same boat

Yes there so many people.  Applicant who applied for 887 in Feb 2018 no case officer is assigned to them so far. At least there some case officer assigned to Ur case. 

12 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Does anyone know any employee working in immigration??

Hi Mate,

I know one guy who used to work there but not now. 

11 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Does anyone know any employee working in immigration??

tried to check with my agent about processing status but he has no idea. Completed 1 year yesterday and still waiting. Ombudsman is not an option for us at the moment. Can anyone from Adelaide applicants arrange a meeting with Premier Steven Marshall? He might do something for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wincivil said:

Hi Shaan

Many people here moved to different states of Regional areas before applying 887 

That is true, I know two of my friends moved out the region before applying for 887

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roma said:

Hi Mate,

I know one guy who used to work there but not now. 

Can you ask him if he still has some contacts in there and might be able to get us some imformation

28 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

tried to check with my agent about processing status but he has no idea. Completed 1 year yesterday and still waiting. Ombudsman is not an option for us at the moment. Can anyone from Adelaide applicants arrange a meeting with Premier Steven Marshall? He might do something for us.

I was thinking they gonna pick at least couple of files this week from feb and grant them . As few have us has crossed the 1 year mark. 

Can you ask him if he still has some contacts in there and might be able to get us some imformation
I am still not sure why we dont email media channels?
There are emails mentioned on each website of media houses. If its not going to change, either its not gonna worsen anything too

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Ok let me check with him and get back to you

28 minutes ago, Angos said:

I was thinking they gonna pick at least couple of files this week from feb and grant them . As few have us has crossed the 1 year mark. 

Yup I was hoping the same. Atleast they should start processing.

Hi @wincivil

thanks for the revert

i can’t send you a message, could you explain in here please?

3 hours ago, wincivil said:

Hi Shaan

Hey guys,
thanks in advance

Yes you can
One of my friend did it
And he got 189 onshore from 489

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk