887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Hi everyone....just a quick question. Now that we have got our medicare card on Bridging Visa...can we stop paying for the private health insurance. We have had that through out 489 visa.

Or it is still necessary to get private health insurance?

Thanks 

Not necessary, but a lot of people still decide to keep it going. 🙂 

52 minutes ago, Samuel said:

further more Documents requested for me today.

AFP for me and my partner

Health Check for Baby

So question is AFP and national police check is same thing ?

As AFP report processing time is 15 days and National police check is 24 hours.

Any idea guys ?

what was ur timelines??

Health Check for Baby
Any idea guys ?

When you have applied bro?
Atleast something is happening in your case.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Navdeep047 said:

Hi everyone....just a quick question. Now that we have got our medicare card on Bridging Visa...can we stop paying for the private health insurance. We have had that through out 489 visa.

Or it is still necessary to get private health insurance?

Thanks 

it depends on what kind of private health insurance you are going with atm, some of people, i mean PR- people still decide to go with private Health insurance. In my opinion, we should go with PHS. 

1 hour ago, Samuel said:

Health Check for Baby

Any idea guys ?

hi Samuel,

When were your last AFPs issued? Ours were issued last July, i.e. it has been seven months since then. Wonder if it is necessary to get new ones for my family...

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

hi Samuel,

When were your last AFPs issued? Ours were issued last July, i.e. it has been seven months since then. Wonder if it is necessary to get new ones for my family...

Good luck!

Its always good idea to get new one I reckon. But it was different in my case as i had to wait for baby’s medical anyway so I didn’t update. 

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Thanks for sharing the news @Samuel. 🙂 AFP is Australia Federal Police check (or national police check):

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks

They say 15 days processing, but mine was ready the following day. It took a week to arrive by post though 🙂 

Thanks for reply Russki, is it same as afp if you apply thru https://www.nationalcrimecheck.com.au/ . As they access same database to go through. 

BTW i have applied through AFP website. Don’t want to take a risk . 

Don’t know how long i have to wait more to be granted.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bronto said:

Hi,

i am really frustrated here I need help I am going to apply for 887 soon after stayed 2 yrs in regional area and worked more than a year but the problem is I had to stay with my friends in city for 6 month because I couldn’t find a house where I got job and I had to travel every day to regional area for my work till I found a house in this town did anyone face this problem ? And is it going to affect my application? Please I need your advice thanks

Hi Bronto,

You may need to arrange below evidence.

1. Stat Dec from your friend saying that you have stayed with him.

2. REGO letter, Driving licence copy, Mobile phone invoices, ATO letters, Bank statements

5 minutes ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Hi Bronto,

You may need to arrange below evidence.

1. Stat Dec from your friend saying that you have stayed with him.

2. REGO letter, Driving licence copy, Mobile phone invoices, ATO letters, Bank statements

But the problem is he is not living in regional area so what should I do? Will it be a problem for my application 

54 minutes ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Opps ... You may need to get advise from someone had similar situation. 

The problem is during this period I was moving a round between regional areas and I had no specific address but all my documents I did was on my friend address but I won’t claim any point as I’m waiting till I finish my 2 yrs in regional area

1 hour ago, Bronto said:

The problem is during this period I was moving a round between regional areas and I had no specific address but all my documents I did was on my friend address but I won’t claim any point as I’m waiting till I finish my 2 yrs in regional area

Ok what you can do is that count two years since you actually moved to regional area, then it will be alright....but if you have droughts and think no need to take a risk, book a migration agent and ask his view on this. don't panic there should be a solution 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2