887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

35 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Dear experts, hidden case Officers

I have a question need to be answered. I applied on December 2018 and on January I got married. I know I have long way to go, but keen to know what should I do now. I know I can not include my wife in to my application. Do you think, It is wise to tell immigration that I got married or not. They might gonna ask for more information for my wife and my application may take longer then expected. Please advice me.

I know you are worried about additional questions, but I think you must tell the immigration about a change in your marital status. 🙂 Please guys, is this right?

It may be that it is more dangerous not to inform them, than to incur additional questions. Be careful, please find out whether you have to tell them at this stage or not. Good luck. 🙂 

2 hours ago, CChapman said:

Hi All, been a silent follower for almost a year now. Had some problems creating an account but finally have access so here are my stats for your records! 

We are from the UK. 

- Applied for 887 13/4/2018 (waiting time was 8-10 months) 

- Purchased block of land 25/5/2018 and paid 7% foreign stamp duty surcharge as per new law (you need to get your PR grant within a year to get this amount refunded) 

- Visa timeline jumps to 12-15 months. We email SA revenue and local MP with fears of missing our 7% refund due to the immigration delay. We are told there is nothing that can be done to help our situation. 

- Welcomed our daughter into the world 9/12/2018

- Added Form 1022 and birth cert to immi account & applied for her UK passport

- Emailed home affairs last week to ask for daughter to be added to our application and get the medical invitation. Still waiting for this to happen. 

Good luck to everyone waiting! The pain is real haha! 

Hi CChapman,

Congrats for your daughter coming! There is nothing more joyous than the arrival of a new baby even it causes a big workload.🙂 Actually, my next daughter is coming soon probably in early April. As a March 887 applicant, I understand there could be a lot of hassles ahead like what you are experiencing even worse, but I am ready for all of them. 🙂

I noticed that you submitted form 1022 and birth certificate without passport. Are you sure this is enough for medical checkup invitation? Just asking because I think CO cannot do anything withou new baby’s passport.

Good luck!

On 12/3/2018 at 9:37 AM, toot said:

1. Can you attach more payslips with 35 hours a week, dated before your visa application date.
OR
2. Can you attach another payslip from any other employment for those weeks with less than 35 hours. (Example : any other part time jobs you have done)

Hello friends..i m a new member of this grp i just want to ask the same question if u lodged ur application on ur own n there r few weeks r just 30 or 33hrs in ur whole 52 weeks n there is not any other 35 u have then is it better to withdraw the application or?????

Plz help 

Hello Friends,

Is it common to have these documents being "recommended" for uploading?

• Form 956A Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient I am not taking assistance from any consultant.
  • Relationship - Spouse, De facto Partner, Evidence of I am single / never married.
  • Form 956 Advice by a migration agent/exempt person I am not taking assistance from any consultant.

9 hours ago, Applied_On_15th_Feb_2019 said:

Hello Friends,

Is it common to have these documents being "recommended" for uploading?

• Form 956A Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient I am not taking assistance from any consultant.
  • Relationship - Spouse, De facto Partner, Evidence of I am single / never married.
  • Form 956 Advice by a migration agent/exempt person I am not taking assistance from any consultant.

Good morning

Mine too, these docs are showing  "recommended" for uploading. I did not upload them because I think they are not relevant to my case.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Hina said:

Hello friends..i m a new member of this grp i just want to ask the same question if u lodged ur application on ur own n there r few weeks r just 30 or 33hrs in ur whole 52 weeks n there is not any other 35 u have then is it better to withdraw the application or?????

Plz help 

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

Work requirement.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Russki said:

This is the link:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/202019-subclass-887-visa-processing-times/?page=3

But guys, I really wouldn't advise you to join in the silly arguments in this forum, it is really ugly... 😞 

Thanks Russki, Definitely will not join, would like to observe, if I have time ofcourse. Cheers 🙂

14 hours ago, juilleteap said:

Do you think it's worth applying to 190/189 though I've already applied for 887? 

3k+ will need to spend on 190/189, at least the processing times is much faster. 

In my opinion it will not be faster applying for a 190/189 if you have already applied for the 887. You will still need to go through the EOI process, etc and wait for an invite. Your skills assessment might need to be updated and only once that is all in place you can then apply which would take another 6 months. Time saving would be minimal plus the added stress and cost

13 hours ago, juilleteap said:

Do you think it's worth applying to 190/189 though I've already applied for 887? 

3k+ will need to spend on 190/189, at least the processing times is much faster. 

if you are satisfied everything to get 189/190. do it! just take $3k as the fast track fee 🙂 . 

11 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi CChapman,

Congrats for your daughter coming! There is nothing more joyous than the arrival of a new baby even it causes a big workload.🙂 Actually, my next daughter is coming soon probably in early April. As a March 887 applicant, I understand there could be a lot of hassles ahead like what you are experiencing even worse, but I am ready for all of them. 🙂

I noticed that you submitted form 1022 and birth certificate without passport. Are you sure this is enough for medical checkup invitation? Just asking because I think CO cannot do anything withou new baby’s passport.

Good luck!

Hi Sharky0903, Thank you! It is a huge workload but so rewarding! I'm not sure if it's enough to get the medical invitation or not.. In my email I explained the urgency to get my visa so we can get our land surcharge refund. My daughter's UK passport will take up to 6 weeks so I hope we can get it beforehand, I'll let you know when I find out! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hina said:

Plz help 

in my opinion, i dont think you need to withdraw the application. everything related to payslips of working exp, the CO just need to check the tax invoice that you normally do at financial year. because they can't go through all 52 payslips to check one by one, all they need is the your tax invoice at the end of year. 

it totally makes sense as everyone go to work for 35hr and 52 weeks, their income should be from $30k-$kkk. SO, basing on that Tax invoice, it doesnt matter you work less that 35hr, 52 weeks or else, but as long as your income or your tax invoices are showing them(CO) about $30k, it should be ok!.

all they need is we work, pay tax and contribute yourself to the country, is it correct ?

Cheerz,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dave said:

Friends, are there different medical checks for a child of 1 year and 1.5 year? (child born here in Australia and as far as i know, CO will ask for medical)

It should be same for both when born in Australia; in case the child is born in home country i am sure you would have gotten basic medical done there. All the best!

32 minutes ago, Dee said:

It should be same for both when born in Australia; in case the child is born in home country i am sure you would have gotten basic medical done there. All the best!

@Dave, Yes, its only 501 Medical Examination. They check height, weight, head size, and body checkup. You can request them to generate HAPID

16 hours ago, Russki said:

This is the link:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/202019-subclass-887-visa-processing-times/?page=3

But guys, I really wouldn't advise you to join in the silly arguments in this forum, it is really ugly... 😞 

Had a look, you were right, a few trolls on that forum with the sole purpose of being argumentative and painting a bleak picture. Will stick to this forum, far more friendly and informative

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeIAm said:

in my opinion, i dont think you need to withdraw the application. everything related to payslips of working exp, the CO just need to check the tax invoice that you normally do at financial year. because they can't go through all 52 payslips to check one by one, all they need is the your tax invoice at the end of year. 

it totally makes sense as everyone go to work for 35hr and 52 weeks, their income should be from $30k-$kkk. SO, basing on that Tax invoice, it doesnt matter you work less that 35hr, 52 weeks or else, but as long as your income or your tax invoices are showing them(CO) about $30k, it should be ok!.

all they need is we work, pay tax and contribute yourself to the country, is it correct ?

Cheerz,

seeing some hope i have so many 33 hours payslips and yearly gross income more than $45000 . but only problem is ato has done spelling mistake in my tax return . anyone has any idea what can be done in that name things.

Hi guys. Just to let you know, we submitted a complaint last Wednesday and today we got an email with this: 

Decisions regarding the priority given to the allocation of each General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa subclass is made in accordance with visa planning levels and the delivery of the migration program.  Applications for GSM visas within the same subclass will generally be allocated in date of lodgement order.

I can advise that the Department is currently allocating subclass 887 visa applications that were lodged during January 2018 for assessment. (Peter)

Applied: 9/02/2018 not contact yet. 😔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jahidul said:

seeing some hope i have so many 33 hours payslips and yearly gross income more than $45000 . but only problem is ato has done spelling mistake in my tax return . anyone has any idea what can be done in that name things.

Then, you need to contact The ATO to check your name. any different information can cause you delay, it may make the CO get back you and require you the update correct name. Of course you must to do that and It will take you 2 or more months for waiting the grant .:( 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lufe said:

Hi guys. Just to let you know, we submitted a complaint last Wednesday and today we got an email with this: 

Decisions regarding the priority given to the allocation of each General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa subclass is made in accordance with visa planning levels and the delivery of the migration program.  Applications for GSM visas within the same subclass will generally be allocated in date of lodgement order.

I can advise that the Department is currently allocating subclass 887 visa applications that were lodged during January 2018 for assessment. (Peter)

Hi @Lufe,

Thank you for sharing this info. I tried to complaint and the answer i got is WAIT.

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter's Friend said:

Morning guys

I used to study in Ireland for 8 months in 2011, do I need to provide a police certificate from Ireland?

Has anyone applied the police certificate from Ireland before?

thank you

Yes, we had one member who very recently applied for an Irish police clearance cert, and they already got a visa. 🙂  It is not hard at all. 

According to immi rules, we only have to submit police certificate for countries we lived in for 12 months cumulatively within last 10 years. With just 8 months in Ireland theoretically you shouldn't need a police certificate, but the way things are going lately, you are very likely to be ask to get one by a case officer. So I'd apply for it now if I was you. 🙂 But decision is yours of course... 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yes, we had one member who very recently applied for an Irish police clearance cert, and they already got a visa. 🙂  It is not hard at all. 

According to immi rules, we only have to submit police certificate for countries we lived in for 12 months cumulatively within last 10 years. With just 8 months in Ireland theoretically you shouldn't need a police certificate, but the way things are going lately, you are very likely to be ask to get one by a case officer. So I'd apply for it now if I was you. 🙂 But decision is yours of course... 😉 

Thank you very much Russki !!!! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter's Friend said:

Thank you very much Russki !!!! 

No worries. 🙂 That member @Applied 10/01, who had to get a police clearance from Ireland, only spent 3 months in Ireland visiting family, and the department considered those 3 months a "significant" period of time which warrants a fresh police certificate. 🙂  So you never know... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lufe said:

HI, 

Just wondering how do you guys submit complaint ?