sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

I have just been completing the 887 application on line and it asks for our existing visa reference number (looking for 10 digits).  I have tried every number mentioned on our visa grant letter and it won't accept any of them.  Does anyone know what number they want?

Thanks.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, Russki said:

OK, I see. 🙂 I meant more like applying for a new 489 while onshore... My friends did that recently and they got it in just a couple months. I guess, it is because they are already here, working.  

I am honestly a bit scared to advise anything here with little knowledge, I still think, talking to an agent is the best bet for @Nsingh. 🙂  😉 

Thank you @Russki

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fri22 said:

This is useful information, Thank you! I didn't know there is Bridging Visa A and B. My 489 due in April 2020. Time files.

You can travel overseas and back without worry until April 2020.

Bridging visa A is given to you automatically on submitting 887 application and will activate in April 2020, when your substantive visa (489) expires.

Bridging visa B is not not given automatically,  you have to actually apply for it to immigration,  in case you want to travel overseas after April 2020. 😊😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RachelK said:

I have just been completing the 887 application on line and it asks for our existing visa reference number (looking for 10 digits).  I have tried every number mentioned on our visa grant letter and it won't accept any of them.  Does anyone know what number they want?

Thanks.

If you are looking for visa number,  I believe it is not applicable these days,  so you are allowed to live it blank on your online visa application,  that's what most of us did.  😊😄😄

• Like 2

This is pretty frustrating. More and more job advertisements on SEEK require you to tell what visa you are holding. I think these days most employers will dismiss your application immediately if you are not a citizen or permanent resident. So sickened by this...

ads.PNG

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, 10th feb said:

No contact as of yet???

Contacted 2 times last contacted and asked for more paper work  on 27/11 since then nothing 

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, CChapman said:

Hi All, been a silent follower for almost a year now. Had some problems creating an account but finally have access so here are my stats for your records! 

We are from the UK. 

- Applied for 887 13/4/2018 (waiting time was 8-10 months) 

- Purchased block of land 25/5/2018 and paid 7% foreign stamp duty surcharge as per new law (you need to get your PR grant within a year to get this amount refunded) 

- Visa timeline jumps to 12-15 months. We email SA revenue and local MP with fears of missing our 7% refund due to the immigration delay. We are told there is nothing that can be done to help our situation. 

- Welcomed our daughter into the world 9/12/2018

- Added Form 1022 and birth cert to immi account & applied for her UK passport

- Emailed home affairs last week to ask for daughter to be added to our application and get the medical invitation. Still waiting for this to happen. 

Good luck to everyone waiting! The pain is real haha! 

This is really frustrating situation .

Hope you can get PR before 25th May this year. 

• Thanks 1

I applied my 887 visa on 21/10/17  27/03/18 co request spouse Ielts submitted on 20/04/18    After that no response  yesterday I have login my immi account  for upload new overseas pcc I see there is zero attachment showing on my wife  Account. we already attached all documents which they requested when we applied 887 visa.Anyone know why it's showing   Thanks 

7 hours ago, Don Family said:

Hi guys, found contact details of ministers, shall we write to them

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/peterdutton/Pages/Contact-Details.aspx

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Yes, it will be great if 1 or 2  people can write a very nice and polite email. If we all send them an email, it will be frustrating for them as well. Rest as everyone suggests we will do.

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, serry said:

Hi Friends,

I have applied for 887 on 18.02.2019 from Tasmania and uploaded all Docs on 21.02.2019. Also applied for Medicare on 22.02.2019. Can any body update the details in the Spreadsheet please. Originally from India. I will continue to share my journey. 

Our 489 is valid till Nov 2020 but as you know we have Got Bridging Visa A.  Joel, At above the page it has been mentioned that for travel to home country we have to apply for Bridging Visa B.  I am not getting it, could you please explain it again. "you can travel oversea w/o informing them or getting BVB B as long as your 489 is still effect." 

Thanks Team. 

Hi Sherry,

I applied on 24/2/2018 for 887 as well and uploaded all documents at the same time. Could you please help me with the process of apply for medicare?

what documents are required and where do I submit the application for medicare?

Looking forward to hear from you 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

Hi Sherry,

I applied on 24/2/2018 for 887 as well and uploaded all documents at the same time. Could you please help me with the process of apply for medicare?

what documents are required and where do I submit the application for medicare?

Looking forward to hear from you 🙂

Hi

Just bring your passport and 887 application acknowledgement.

5 minutes ago, Honey said:

Hi

Just bring your passport and 887 application acknowledgement.

Hi Honey,

Thank you for your prompt response. Where do I take the documents? where do I submit?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

Hi Honey,

Thank you for your prompt response. Where do I take the documents? where do I submit?

You should go to center link and than go to medicare dept. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Honey said:

You should go to center link and than go to medicare dept. 

Thank you for your help Honey 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, Aisha said:

Hi ,

i submitted complaint on global feedback unit . Very prompt reply and just a day after their reply. My file opened and CO ask for more documents. 

I already submitted all the related documents at the time when I lodged my document and now my document limit has reached to 60. How can I submit more documents. 

Kindly anyone can help. 

Thanks

Hi @Aisha, you can attach additional documents in your dependent applicant's part on immiaccount. Like, if you have a spouse or a child on your application, attach additional documents in their list.

If you are the only applicant, then you can email additional documents to CO, - immi do not encourage emailing documents to them, but what other options do you have? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SINGH G said:

I applied my 887 visa on 21/10/17  27/03/18 co request spouse Ielts submitted on 20/04/18    After that no response  yesterday I have login my immi account  for upload new overseas pcc I see there is zero attachment showing on my wife  Account. we already attached all documents which they requested when we applied 887 visa.Anyone know why it's showing   Thanks 

Basically there is no way to disappear documents after attached. Better you call immigration and ask their opinion. 

11 hours ago, Don Family said:

Hi guys, found contact details of ministers, shall we write to them

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/peterdutton/Pages/Contact-Details.aspx

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

In my opinion writing to Peter Dutton is a waste of time as he is very much against immigrants and their plight, he is probably the reason the wait times are so long. The minister for Immigration and Citizenship, David Coleman, is more reasonable and the correct minister to approach. Otherwise labour opposition MPs such as Tony Burke and Julian Hill are the strongest advocates for immigrants and approaching them may be a good thing to pursue leading up to the elections. They have both made a lot of noise against the government long wait times for citizenship which seems to have led to some action. Also consider your local member who is suppose to listen to your requests. Media outlets such as SBS also get a lot of traction

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, James said:

Agree above! It's just wasting time to write to the wrong person. If we have to write, should tell them the people who have already been working regional areas should have their fair treating and then could be able to encourage more people to support their regional developments plan, or otherwise all efforts are in vain. Not just for us -489 holders, but for both parties.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

In my opinion writing to Peter Dutton is a waste of time as he is very much against immigrants and their plight, he is probably the reason the wait times are so long. The minister for Immigration and Citizenship, David Coleman, is more reasonable and the correct minister to approach. Otherwise labour opposition MPs such as Tony Burke and Julian Hill are the strongest advocates for immigrants and approaching them may be a good thing to pursue leading up to the elections. They have both made a lot of noise against the government long wait times for citizenship which seems to have led to some action. Also consider your local member who is suppose to listen to your requests. Media outlets such as SBS also get a lot of traction

Agree above.. Either we need to do something or just wait.

We can contact Tony Burke - Tony.Burke.MP@aph.gov.au and Julian Hill -  julian.hill.mp@aph.gov.au

Can someone prepare a nice latter and explain situation for over 887 waiting time.??? 

Do anyone has contact on SBS ??

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SAM887 said:

Agree above.. Either we need to do something or just wait.

We can contact Tony Burke - Tony.Burke.MP@aph.gov.au and Julian Hill -  julian.hill.mp@aph.gov.au

Can someone prepare a nice latter and explain situation for over 887 waiting time.??? 

Do anyone has contact on SBS ??

I tried SBS at no avail. 🙂 Maybe, I contacted the wrong person. I can try again.

• Thanks 1

http://www.mygc.com.au/labor-continues-to-lead-coalition-in-unchanged-newspoll/     

Labor continues to lead Coalition in unchanged Newspoll

February 25, 2019 6:25 am in National, by Monique StClair

The latest Newspoll has revealed the opposition still holds a huge lead over the Government, as preferred leaders of the country.

Despite a whirlwind few weeks in federal politics, the Labor party leads the Coalition with an unchanged two-party preferred vote of 53-47 percent.

In the latest Newspoll – published by The Australian last night – the Coalition’s primary vote sits at 37 percent, where it has stayed since the start of the year.

Both Scott Morrison and Bill Shorten have also suffered hits to their approval ratings.

The Prime Minister returned a 48 percent disapproval rating, while the leader of the Opposition’s rating rose to 53 percent.

The unchanged poll results demonstrate the recent havoc in parliament – caused by the latest asylum seeker debate – has done nothing to either side’s chance of winning the next election.

Inclusion:  Both Parties has no time wasting on other issues, but for seats in parliament. 

48 minutes ago, Russki said:

I tried SBS at no avail. 🙂 Maybe, I contacted the wrong person. I can try again.

Thank you Russki, please try again.

• Like 3