Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, gaz88 said:

granted today 🤗 

13 months later.

Congratulations @gaz88!!! 😀🎉 It is a very modest announcement! Enjoy your PR!!! 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mehedi said:


Hi russki, i applied 13thfeb through my agent. So how can i upload my new AFP now? Do i need to contact with my agent or can i upload it by myself through my immi?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are able to upload yourself, you can of course. 🙂 Or you can apply for a fresh AFP and later give your certificate to the Agent to upload. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angos said:

I am worried now !!! ☹️😞😞

Why are you worried? 🙂 Don't be. 😉 It is simple: if AFP is expired, you can get a new one, no problem. Takes only a week maximum.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why are you worried?  Don't be. It is simple: if AFP is expired, you can get a new one, no problem. Takes only a week maximum.   

I just applied for mine. Cost$98. Its said10-20 working days


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mehedi said:


I just applied for mine. Cost$98. Its said10-20 working days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, that's a bit expensive... 🙂 Usually about $42...

They may say 10-20 days, but normally a week or so. I applied for mine 3 times now, does not take long. 🙂  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russki said:

Oh, that's a bit expensive... 🙂 Usually about $42...

They may say 10-20 days, but normally a week or so. I applied for mine 3 times now, does not take long. 🙂  

Yes I just applied today with $42

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Feb 10 and Ranga have u done medical for you and Ur partner while applying for 887 visa? Any body else in group has done main applicant and partner medical check up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hi Feb 10 and Ranga have u done medical for you and Ur partner while applying for 887 visa? Any body else in group has done main applicant and partner medical check up? 

Nah mate, Medical is required only for my new born baby

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Angos said:

Congratulations 😊😊😊😊 can you please share ur timelines 

Applied 21/1/18 requested more work info UK police cert and character form in August. Granted today

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, April guy said:

Please can anyone assist with the link to print statutory declaration form for CHANGES IN MY Child's face from passport date to medical examination date.

The form where I need attach pictures and get some to notarized on my behalf.

 

Thanks for a response.

Hi I have attached statdec for child in other section. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, April guy said:

Please can anyone assist with the link to print statutory declaration form for CHANGES IN MY Child's face from passport date to medical examination date.

The form where I need attach pictures and get some to notarized on my behalf.

 

Thanks for a response.

We had a few members having to do this...  You can search the forum,  this thread,  there was a very detailed explanation somewhere,  how to do this.  🙂 In search bar on the right type key words like "statutory declatation", "same child", "photos" etc. Something will pop up. 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Angos said:

Heya.. just need to check, have you renewed your AFP as well?? Or still not expired?? 

Ya mine was expired in Jan so I renewed my PCC & AFP. all updated.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Ya mine was expired in Jan so I renewed my PCC & AFP. all updated.

Apart from AFP do we need to get new PCC from home country as well. 

We already provided PCC for home country  and have not traveled since we applied for 887 and provided PCC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

Apart from AFP do we need to get new PCC from home country as well. 

We already provided PCC for home country  and have not traveled since we applied for 887 and provided PCC.

I didn't even travel during my 489 stay but still provided PCC. we never know with these CO's what they gonna ask. Nothing is available in black & white. I just wanted to play safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DKAGG said:

I didn't even travel during my 489 stay but still provided PCC. we never know with these CO's what they gonna ask. Nothing is available in black & white. I just wanted to play safe.

I mean I have already provided Home country PCC when I applied for 887 but question is that as people are talking about getting new AFP PCC do we have to get new Overseas PCC as well which doesnt makes sense at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCPBLBC said:

Congrats @gaz88 ! Are your detail/timeline in the spreadsheet? 

No what spreadsheet is that? Thanks 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess it hasn't sunk in have been so worried about the length of time and not risking travelling out of the country that I think it took me a while to sink in.😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

Apart from AFP do we need to get new PCC from home country as well. 

We already provided PCC for home country  and have not traveled since we applied for 887 and provided PCC.

I did have to so there's a good chance you will might pay to get one sorted now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

I mean I have already provided Home country PCC when I applied for 887 but question is that as people are talking about getting new AFP PCC do we have to get new Overseas PCC as well which doesnt makes sense at all.

If you provided a new PCC from your home country when you applied for the sc887 and have not been back to your home country since applying for the sc887 then you should not be asked for a new PCC. However if the AFP expires then you may be requested to submit a new one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who got the grants can you please confirm if you have to get and were asked by CO's for new Overseas/Home country PCC even if you have not travelled since you applied 887 and already provided the Overseas in beginning. 

Just asking because this takes too much time and don't want to add further delay in grant which is already getting painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

I mean I have already provided Home country PCC when I applied for 887 but question is that as people are talking about getting new AFP PCC do we have to get new Overseas PCC as well which doesnt makes sense at all.

You are right @Chopsan, a lot of what case officers do or ask for does not make sense. 🙂 😄 Seriously. But we still go ahead and jump the hoops. Even the hoops that are not there yet! Hahaha! That's the way it is, unfortunately...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gaz88 said:

No what spreadsheet is that? Thanks 😊

We have a tracker for people waiting for the outcome of 887 application:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

It helps us to track the statistics of grants and CO requests. I added you in now, as you can see. Just need to add the date when the case officer contacted you and (strictly optional, no pressure!) your country of origin... 🙂 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

People who got the grants can you please confirm if you have to get and were asked by CO's for new Overseas/Home country PCC even if you have not travelled since you applied 887 and already provided the Overseas in beginning. 

Just asking because this takes too much time and don't want to add further delay in grant which is already getting painful.

Yes I did have to get another one just do it I reckon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use