sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

57 minutes ago, Kapil said:

Few days back I write to Global Feedback Unit that it's more than a year now after I applied for 887 and they replied - 

The Department has received feedback from an anonymous source.

In accordance with the Department’s Client Feedback Policy, the feedback will be recorded and referred to the relevant business area for information.

Departmental records indicate that your application is still under consideration.

I have referred your feedback to the skilled regional visa management team for information. Please continue to monitor your ImmiAccount for updates, requests for further information and/or an application outcome. In the event that your personal situation changes, please contact the Department via your ImmiAccount.

I have now closed this feedback case.

What does that mean?

😄 😄 I think, I can translate it for you into "human" language: 

Global feedback guys told case officers that you'd complained. They also consider this complaint closed and will not look into it any more. "Just wait" is their answer, your visa will come in its own time. 🙂 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Kapil said:

Means it will hardly push a CO to expedite the case??

Not necessarily. The CO quite possibly will look at the case and if there is nothing outstanding, the grant will come. 🙂 

It is just the Global Feedback Unit are saying, they finished with this complaint, forwarded it, and it is now up to processing team.  

• Like 2

Sometimes it's so depressing and suffocating to live like that. We are neither IN nor OUT. Can not buy own house, can not expand business. Whatever plans we make, stuck at Visa condition/ uncertainty. Surprisingly, visa 887 is not in priority list means, people living ONSHORE, contributing in community, want to settle in regional areas are not priority but people sitting OFFSHORE are on priority.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, toot said:

Travelling and Living are different.

Unless stated specifically, All your living restrictions on 489 Visa applies to the bridging visa. 

If your 489 is still valid, Bridging visa isnt active.

But are we eligible for medi card?

13 minutes ago, Kapil said:

Sometimes it's so depressing and suffocating to live like that. We are neither IN nor OUT. Can not buy own house, can not expand business. Whatever plans we make, stuck at Visa condition/ uncertainty. Surprisingly, visa 887 is not in priority list means, people living ONSHORE, contributing in community, want to settle in regional areas are not priority but people sitting OFFSHORE are on priority.

totally agree ! 

16 minutes ago, Kapil said:

You are right. 🙂 Awfully frustrating... Just a little read about all of us on bridging visas:

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/italian/en/article/2018/03/14/life-bridging-visa

Hello All - i am following this forum for sometime and have to lodge my 887 in few days; we decided (as family) to see MARA consultant for the same as somehow don't want to miss out on any documentation resulting in any further delay as my daughter is in year 12th and i am hoping that i get PR before she starts her university next year. Though most of you would be aware of appended information but i still thought of sharing the same which i got after having a detailed discussion with my consultant and as per him:

1. Time frame to get visa is 9-12 months

2. 887 is not priority as we are already onshore

3. Background check etc. is increased as there have been few cases of giving wrong information to authorities mostly for singles and little less for family. DIBP will definitely check that are you an actual family or fake one so give strong and lots of documentation to support that

4. Lot of changes within immigration department as they are moving staff and one file will not be checked by only one CO. Your file will be checked by various COs to ensure full compliance within the system

5. Finally as long as you haven given correct and complete documentation you will get your visa :).

All the best!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Dee said:

Hello All - i am following this forum for sometime and have to lodge my 887 in few days; we decided (as family) to see MARA consultant for the same as somehow don't want to miss out on any documentation resulting in any further delay as my daughter is in year 12th and i am hoping that i get PR before she starts her university next year. Though most of you would be aware of appended information but i still thought of sharing the same which i got after having a detailed discussion with my consultant and as per him:

1. Time frame to get visa is 9-12 months

2. 887 is not priority as we are already onshore

3. Background check etc. is increased as there have been few cases of giving wrong information to authorities mostly for singles and little less for family. DIBP will definitely check that are you an actual family or fake one so give strong and lots of documentation to support that

4. Lot of changes within immigration department as they are moving staff and one file will not be checked by only one CO. Your file will be checked by various COs to ensure full compliance within the system

5. Finally as long as you haven given correct and complete documentation you will get your visa :).

All the best!

Thank you very much @Dee! 🙂 Good luck with submission and welcome aboard!!! 🙂 

• Like 1

Thanks to all group members for regular updates, just to share with all of you that after a LONG WAIT OF 15months, got GOLDEN MAIL today by SOPHORN CO... Thanks to almighty and all friends...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks to all group members for regular updates, just to share with all of you that after a LONG WAIT OF 15months, got GOLDEN MAIL today by SOPHORN CO... Thanks to almighty and all friends...

Congratulation 🙂

whats your timeline ?

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Congrats mate 

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Hurray!!!! 🎉🎉🎉 🙂 Best news. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Congratulations 

Congratulation mate. Did u update ur AFP check(police clearance)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Congratulation Gaurav!!!! Your email is a morale booster for all of us.

• Like 1

And over and above today is my Wedding Anniversary and got this beautiful gift from Australian Government... Thanks to almighty... Timeline was 15 months. Sent email two times... And, I hadn’t updated any AFP/PCC etc.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

And over and above today is my Wedding Anniversary and got this beautiful gift from Australian Government... Thanks to almighty... Timeline was 15 months. Sent email two times... And, I hadn’t updated any AFP/PCC etc.

Wow!! Congratulations on ur anniversary and grant 😊😊 

@Mehedi not to worry.. I hope will get the grant soon I know it is really confusing for AFP renewal .. but we can just and watch 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Congratulations 

Hello guys, i am a silent follower - It is been 15 Months and 7 days already since applied 887 and still No reply but got the following email from the department about the waiting time period. Hope the below helps. 

Processing times – Subclass 887 visa – updated 26 February 2019

Decisions regarding the priority given to the allocation of each General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa subclass is made in accordance with visa planning levels and the delivery of the migration program.  Applications for GSM visas within the same subclass will generally be allocated in date of lodgement order.

The Department is currently allocating subclass 887 visa applications that were lodged up to February 2018 for assessment.

75% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 440 calendar days to finalise;

90% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 541 calendar days to finalise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, San Kanwar said:

Hello guys, i am a silent follower - It is been 15 Months and 7 days already since applied 887 and still No reply but got the following email from the department about the waiting time period. Hope the below helps. 

Processing times – Subclass 887 visa – updated 26 February 2019

Decisions regarding the priority given to the allocation of each General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa subclass is made in accordance with visa planning levels and the delivery of the migration program.  Applications for GSM visas within the same subclass will generally be allocated in date of lodgement order.

The Department is currently allocating subclass 887 visa applications that were lodged up to February 2018 for assessment.

75% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 440 calendar days to finalise;

90% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 541 calendar days to finalise.

WOW! Thank you very much for this information... 🙂 Interesting that they emailed you... Does it mean they will email us all?! 😄 

PS Just checked: it has been 521 calendar days for me already... 🙂  20 days to go? 😉 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

WOW! Thank you very much for this information... 🙂 Interesting that they emailed you... Does it mean they will email us all?! 😄 

Hi Ruski, 

I have complained about the whole process via my agent and they have emailed this to me.. 

• Like 3