sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

2 minutes ago, San Kanwar said:

Hi Ruski, 

I have complained about the whole process via my agent and they have emailed this to me.. 

Ah, I see. 🙂 Thank you for sharing with us!!! 🙂 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, San Kanwar said:

Hello guys, i am a silent follower - It is been 15 Months and 7 days already since applied 887 and still No reply but got the following email from the department about the waiting time period. Hope the below helps. 

Processing times – Subclass 887 visa – updated 26 February 2019

Decisions regarding the priority given to the allocation of each General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa subclass is made in accordance with visa planning levels and the delivery of the migration program.  Applications for GSM visas within the same subclass will generally be allocated in date of lodgement order.

The Department is currently allocating subclass 887 visa applications that were lodged up to February 2018 for assessment.

75% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 440 calendar days to finalise;

90% of 887 visa applications are currently taking 541 calendar days to finalise.

Means new timeline is 14 to 17 months.

30 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Means new timeline is 14 to 17 months.

Their timeline is worse than a Stock market index 😥

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks to all group members for regular updates, just to share with all of you that after a LONG WAIT OF 15months, got GOLDEN MAIL today by SOPHORN CO... Thanks to almighty and all friends...

Congrats 🎉🎉🎊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks to all group members for regular updates, just to share with all of you that after a LONG WAIT OF 15months, got GOLDEN MAIL today by SOPHORN CO... Thanks to almighty and all friends...

Congratulations mate

Congrat for new grant but I hate the guy updating new 17 months timeline. So depressed. ;((

On 2/27/2019 at 12:07 PM, toot said:

Guys, sorry to be off the topic. 

Does anyone know a bank / institution that would lend us money as a home loan while on the wait for 887?

Im pretty sure, this is something that most of us would want.

Regards,

toot

Hi Toot, 

I work at Westpac and I know Westpac lend for 489 visa holders but with some restrictions. Not all banks lend but talk to a mortgage broker and he will give your options. 

Regards, 

Inaz

• Like 1

I have a question that different places like SA or NSW ,it is the different Co?and the processing time is different?

10 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Cheer! One day one granted! trickling...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lan said:

I have a question that different places like SA or NSW ,it is the different Co?and the processing time is different?

No, we are all in the same pile! 🙂 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Just need to check Gaurav that was it a direct grant?? Or second time contact?? 

11 hours ago, Inaz said:

Hi Toot, 

I work at Westpac and I know Westpac lend for 489 visa holders but with some restrictions. Not all banks lend but talk to a mortgage broker and he will give your options. 

Regards, 

Inaz

hi Toot and Inaz, Yes mate, I bank with NAB, last month they called me (I didn't ask them) asked whether I have any plan to buy a property, if so they are happy to give me property loan. As I was not interested, I didn't procede or ask details. However, it looks possible. The best thing is like Inaz pointed out, talk to your bank.

Hope you will get your dream home...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angos said:

Just need to check Gaurav that was it a direct grant?? Or second time contact?? 

Gaurav 26/11/17 14/09/18 28/02/19   CO1 Sophorn - June 2018 - Evidence of English language ability for my wife
CO2 Adam - September 2018 - 2nd VAC payment
CO3 Sophorn - Grant
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Russki said:
Gaurav 26/11/17 14/09/18 28/02/19   CO1 Sophorn - June 2018 - Evidence of English language ability for my wife
CO2 Adam - September 2018 - 2nd VAC payment
CO3 Sophorn - Grant

Thanks @Russki

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Still 2 hours to go...Co's can process at least 1 file.

you are next dear 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Honey said:

you are next dear 🙂

I think there are 2-3 applicants with same application date. Lets c who is first lucky one!!!!

• Like 3

and i hope they don't forget to process the remaining January files! 🙂 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nits said:

and i hope they don't forget to process the remaining January files! 🙂 

that really should be on their priority list...

• Like 3

Hi @MCPBLBC, have you been contacted today by CO? 🙂 

I see from the tracker they asked for a new AFP...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes @Russki, the CO contacted me today. My AFP expired so they asked for new ones.  Will be ready in a week...so I need to continue waiting....sooooo sad 😢 .  At least they opened my file 😔 

• Like 3

Just now, MCPBLBC said:

Yes @Russki, the CO contacted me today. My AFP expired so they asked for new ones.  Will be ready in a week...so I need to continue waiting....sooooo sad 😢 .  At least they opened my file 😔 

Yes, it is a shame you are in this situation... 😞 But hopefully, as soon as they have your AFP certificate, they grant straight away. 🙂

• Like 2