Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Members,

I have a quick question from all those people who got their grant this year. Has anyone who got their grant this year applied for FTB A-B? just wanted to check if someone granted 887 after 1st jan is eligible for it or not or will we be considered as newly arrived and have got 1 year waiting time for it?

Would appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Dear Member,

If someone could shed some light on this concern as well please, would appreciate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Member,

If someone could shed some light on this concern as well please, would appreciate.

I think it would be better to check with the center link as members who have already received the grant will be able to answer this question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dee said:

I think it would be better to check with the center link as members who have already received the grant will be able to answer this question.



I did check with centerlink but they said we cant confirm until you receive the grant but I read on DHS website that newly arrived migrants have to wait for a year to receive FTB A. So wanted to check with someone who already got the grant this year if they have applied for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

I did check with centerlink but they said we cant confirm until you receive the grant but I read on DHS website that newly arrived migrants have to wait for a year to receive FTB A. So wanted to check with someone who already got the grant this year if they have applied for it.

@Tawkii! Check this out:

https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I was applying for medicard should I ask for health records? 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, Delfin said:

Quick question:

Those of you who have applied for 887 and received a bridging visa A. Does it say "no conditions" in your BVA or do some of you have conditions attached to your BVA? Thanks

BVA.PNG

I applied couple of days ago and it's same what does it mean? We can be anywhere? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

I did read that earlier, so basically if we are granted 887 in that case we will have to wait for another year despite paying taxes since years to apply for FTB A

I dont think we should be impacted; should be more or less for new migrants. Yes; members who have already received grant in January or February 2019 can suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't have a wonder does DIBP breach the fair trading law? They took application fee on the first day of submitted then continued delayed the service for no reason.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

I did read that earlier, so basically if we are granted 887 in that case we will have to wait for another year despite paying taxes since years to apply for FTB A

Yes... 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my mates just got the grant

Applied on 21st january

Was contacted before this..

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friends, someone from our group requested for the child's HAP ID  (born in Australia) via feedback or complaint link. Just want to know if it worked? if yes i will follow the same procedure.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

One of my mates just got the grant

Applied on 21st january

Was contacted before this..

Yes, he is actually in our spreadsheet! 😄 😄 I will mark him as "grant"! 🎉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dave said:

Friends, someone from our group requested for the child's HAP ID  (born in Australia) via feedback or complaint link. Just want to know if it worked? if yes i will follow the same procedure.

Thanks

Yes it worked. lots of people request it via complaint link and get it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave said:

Friends, someone from our group requested for the child's HAP ID  (born in Australia) via feedback or complaint link. Just want to know if it worked? if yes i will follow the same procedure.

Thanks

Not worked for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave said:

Friends, someone from our group requested for the child's HAP ID  (born in Australia) via feedback or complaint link. Just want to know if it worked? if yes i will follow the same procedure.

Thanks

Tried two time but failed. Didn’t work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys, I'm quite new to this forum. I've applied for 887 last May 2018, haven't heard anything yet, no contact from CO, is that common? I just thought it has been almost 10 months now and getting worried about it. I find this forum really helpful and encouraging. The waiting game is really challenging for all of us. All the best for everyone

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ham11 said:

Hi Guys, I'm quite new to this forum. I've applied for 887 last May 2018, haven't heard anything yet, no contact from CO, is that common? I just thought it has been almost 10 months now and getting worried about it. I find this forum really helpful and encouraging. The waiting game is really challenging for all of us. All the best for everyone

Please add yourself here 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#

yes now a days it around 14 month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, he is actually in our spreadsheet!   I will mark him as "grant"! 
Hi Russki
I would be grateful if you fix the sheet for mine.
Mine date of applying was April 03 and not February 22.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 12:53 AM, a4anudeep said:

No the primary applicant is the one needs to prove the requirement for the visa

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk
 

Thanks for information 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

Getting closer to our goal. Everything is possible, let's  keep on mate!

That's right.. As per the last article on sbs there are approx 20000 people waiting for it so even all that people and their family members sign the petition then it will be good impact so please share with your friends and ask them to sign if they feels its fair.. Thanks 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Just do it... said:

That's right.. As per the last article on sbs there are approx 20000 people waiting for it so even all that people and their family members sign the petition then it will be good impact so please share with your friends and ask them to sign if they feels its fair.. Thanks 

Hi Friends,

I have applied for 887 last month. My son is going to be 5 next month and his Passport is going to be expired in Dec 2019. As you know, the processing time for 887 is too long now, I would like to get your advice regarding:

1. When is the best time to apply for Renewal of his Passport. 

2. What will be the address in his new indian passport. 

At present, the address in my son's passport is different from our passport because I used to work in different cities in India. Further after renewal of passport, the photo in his passport will be latest and there will be no query from CO regarding recognition of his face. Please share your experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use