Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Apologies for being a pain Bilal, did you download the standard documents (Photos, Passport, previous Emirates ID) or did you also need to provide finger print biometric page? I have loaded all the standard documents and it managed to accept my Australian credit card which is good

Its all good mate, I just uploaded my pic, visa and old/new passport with visa stamps on them.They certainly have your biometrics in records If you did so 9 years ago mate, mine was few years ago and I did the same for Bahrain where I did not have to give my biometrics for PCC when I applied for PCC

I am not 100% sure will have to wait and see what happens next, it still says new transaction on the progress of PCC yet.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bilal_albahar@yahoo.com said:

Its all good mate, I just uploaded my pic, visa and old/new passport with visa stamps on them.They certainly have your biometrics in records If you did so 9 years ago mate, mine was few years ago and I did the same for Bahrain where I did not have to give my biometrics for PCC when I applied for PCC

I am not 100% sure will have to wait and see what happens next, it still says new transaction on the progress of PCC yet.

 

Cheers and good luck!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi Agguptax,

I was wondering how come your Australian Federal Police Certificate is expired, I checked my Australian Federal Police Certificate , no expired time on that? could you give up more detail, or I made wrong Australian Federal Police Certificate.

 

THANKS 

Hi, I believe Australian Federal Police expires after one year as I applied for AFP in January 2018 to get the same uploaded with 887 Visa Application, that a reason CO has asked for New AFP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Honey said:

Seriously again AFP. But just to avoid delay  we have to get new .  I have already applied for it. 

No way !

i don’t know when i issued my AUS Police certificate maybe it is expired now since I have applied since early May 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, quick thing,

If I go back to my country on vacation for 1 month after applying for 887 do I need to submit a PCC for that period ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Preax said:

Hi All, quick thing,

If I go back to my country on vacation for 1 month after applying for 887 do I need to submit a PCC for that period ?

Ideally no; but totally depends on the Case Officer as he can ask for one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No because the police certificate is only for a period of 12 months or more staying at country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks @Dee . I haven't been to back home after i moved to Australia, so plan was to go on vacation in May.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adam said:

No because the police certificate is only for a period of 12 months or more staying at country 

this what it says,

Police certificates

We may ask you to provide a police certificate (also called a penal clearance certificate) from every country you have lived in.

This applies if you are over 16 and have lived in any of the listed countries, including Australia, for at least 12 months in the past 10 years. It may apply if you have worked on a ship.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date. They must cover:

  • the time you turned 16 up to the issue date

    or

  • the whole time you were in the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Preax said:

Hi All, quick thing,

If I go back to my country on vacation for 1 month after applying for 887 do I need to submit a PCC for that period ?

Yes, whenever you visit your country you have to submit new PCC when you come back. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Honey said:

Yes, whenever you visit your country you have to submit new PCC when you come back. 

 

Thanks @Honey

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Preax said:

If we don't inform them (Since our 489 is active till 2021).

I believe they can see only whether we are onshore or offshore .

Preax , it really doesn't matter you inform them or not. They will check it when you visit your country. Did you updated PCC after that. if not they will ask. You can check tracker. They asked in most cases.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Honey said:

Preax , it really doesn't matter you inform them or not. They will check it when you visit your country. Did you updated PCC after that. if not they will ask. You can check tracker. They asked in most cases.

Thanks @Honey I thinks its best to stay till we get the PR. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad luck,sophorn open my file around 1 o clock today and request for my husband colour passport copy and afp with all name i mean with surname and without surname,now another painful wait

apply-24/01/2018

first c/o-adam-30 aug/18

second c/o - sophorn 6/03/2019

  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adam said:

No because the police certificate is only for a period of 12 months or more staying at country 

They still asked me for one after 1 month holiday in my home country. 😞 So I would advise anyone to still submit one. 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there only CO Sophorn working on our visa? Why? So frustrated. He can only process 2-3 files 1 day I guess. Does anyone know how many 887 appications 1 month on average?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seniors, I have got query, please guide.

- In form 80 there was a question asking have you been ever known by other names? and for my wife we have answered it as Yes as her maiden name (surname) was different before marriage.

Now the question is:

- AFP indicates before and after marriage both names

- Overseas PCC only indicates after marriage name 

Do we need to indicate both names in overseas PCC as well?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dave said:

Seniors, I have got query, please guide.

- In form 80 there was a question asking have you been ever known by other names? and for my wife we have answered it as Yes as her maiden name (surname) was different before marriage.

Now the question is:

- AFP indicates before and after marriage both names

- Overseas PCC only indicates after marriage name 

Do we need to indicate both names in overseas PCC as well?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Yes.  🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JoeIAm said:

ITS Police check certificate, i believe. 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, H-kaur82 said:

My bad luck,sophorn open my file around 1 o clock today and request for my husband colour passport copy and afp with all name i mean with surname and without surname,now another painful wait

apply-24/01/2018

first c/o-adam-30 aug/18

second c/o - sophorn 6/03/2019

Hi donot get upset it’s ok . The same thing happened with me on 13/02/2019 ask for afp with same details to put on afp name and surname but after uploading it I got grant on 4/03/2019 .you will also get soon with same co Sophorn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, agguptax said:

Hi, I believe Australian Federal Police expires after one year as I applied for AFP in January 2018 to get the same uploaded with 887 Visa Application, that a reason CO has asked for New AFP. 

Hi Agguptax,

Thanks for your reply,

 

I see your timeline, you applied for AFP in Jan 18, then on 11/02/2018 : Applied Visa 887 , so the AFP is more than 1 year and expired, if in that case, now 887 visa process time is 12-14 months, so all of now applicants all need to get a new AFP after 12 months, is that right? I think Immigration is unreasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sona said:

Hi donot get upset it’s ok . The same thing happened with me on 13/02/2019 ask for afp with same details to put on afp name and surname but after uploading it I got grant on 4/03/2019 .you will also get soon with same co Sophorn

Hi Sona, Timeline please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IFTI said:

Hi Sona, Timeline please.

Sona 03/11/17 09/08/18 04/03/19   CO1: 09/04/18 (Dat)
CO2: 09/08/18 - requested new AFP
CO3: 04/03/19 (Sophorn) - Grant
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sona said:

Hi donot get upset it’s ok . The same thing happened with me on 13/02/2019 ask for afp with same details to put on afp name and surname but after uploading it I got grant on 4/03/2019 .you will also get soon with same co Sophorn

Hi @Sona

Congrats for your grant, just wanted to ask you something which I have been asking people who got their grant this year. Have you applied for FTB A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use