887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guys, I decided to liven up our petition a little with some quotes from this forum to show our hardship. 🙂 I will seek out the quotes about difficulties with purchasing house, sending older kids to university for a huge fee, mental strain of waiting for months for PR, etc. I will not show any usernames if I use your quotes in our petition, don't worry.

Please post on here if you would like me to include a short quote about your situation, for example: "I cannot get a promotion with a pay rise at work because I am still on bridging visa, waiting for my 887 PR." 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys, I decided to liven up our petition a little with some quotes from this forum to show our hardship. 🙂 I will seek out the quotes about difficulties with purchasing house, sending older kids to university for a huge fee, mental strain of waiting for months for PR, etc. I will not show any usernames if I use your quotes in our petition, don't worry.

Please post on here if you would like me to include a short quote about your situation, for example: "I cannot get a promotion with a pay rise at work because I am still on bridging visa, waiting for my 887 PR." 🙂 

Hey Russki, can you say “more and more employers now require job applicants to tell them upfront what visa they hold and what their working right is on seek.com.au (australia’s no.1 job posting site). And in most cases people who are not permanent resident or citizen get dismissed immediately.” Thanks.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Hey Russki, can you say “more and more employers now require job applicants to tell them upfront what visa they hold and what their working right is on seek.com.au (australia’s no.1 job posting site). And in most cases people who are not permanent resident or citizen get dismissed immediately.” Thanks.

Hi @Delfin. 🙂 I already said that in the petition in general words. I am now actually looking for personal situations.

Like, sometimes members posts on here: "Guys, I have just lost out a good job opportunity, because the employer didn't want to hire someone without permanent residency. I am so upset! My family could have much better life and move into a better house, but now I missed this opportunity because my PR is taking ages to process! John". 

You see what I mean? 🙂 Text of our petition is very dry. I am looking for a personal touch, so you can imagine real people behind the petition. 😉 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russki said:

HI Russki, Can you put on quote like: we cant get a job or even full-time position because there are some job required PR or citizenship to work for them. 

especially, some companies require PR to offer full-time position, and I can say that is happening in Adelaide, SA. 

Cheerz 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoeIAm said:

Hi Feb 18, 

I have to drop lines down here because of your comment. Thank you for that, we need more people like you and more comments like that to get more positive about this visa. 

Congrats for future journey! May I ask you why the CO get backed and require further more about your Address and Employment? didnt you submit all of paperwork showing your living and working before? or Maybe, you didnt submit enough evidences?

Anyway, Thanks for your positive comment and congrats. 

Cheerz

To be honest, I do not know the reasons the Co requested for more information. I think I took it easy at first as I thought it was going to be easy as the 489. At the end I tried to get things more organise such highlighting the salary transaction in my bank statement, and getting a stat declaration from my landlords instead of a simple statements. I added more invoices from GP and my studies as well as proof of residency. 

Whatever I red from the forum here that found made sense to me I added up. 

Only Cos know why they ask more questions. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have recently joined a job and it took almost a week for them to decide if they have to offer me position. Many employers dont know the conditions of bridging Visa whereas many are not interested in hiring managers or professionals on bridging Visa.
In short it hampers the chances of jobs while on bridging Visa.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Johnnyboy said:

Payslips

payg 

superannuation statement 

letter from my employer 

bank statements 

I think , CO is getting long time purposely to give PR by requesting more supporting docs. He doesnt need more evidances. He can varify by two docs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Yes, we support your ideal ,should we sigh petition again?

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Hey Ruski,  please add my case. The employer was not able to understand the 489 visa clearly even after few weeks discussion and clarification and finally employer offered contract position which ends on last day of 489 validity and also the offer letter indicates that they will offer permanent role if I get PR. 

Dont know what can I say further !

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Johnnyboy said:

Because  I have included her as my only living parent.

after uploading the New AFP, how can I try contacting him to open my file again? Have u done it before? If so how?

no , I have not done it, I still waited 11 months, after 12 months , I will try to ring immigration, the number is 131 881

or you can have a look this weblink, https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/telephone/in-australia

7 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

Yes ,it is. I mentioned it before.

Really disappointed about Immigration slow work, I checked the immigration website, 887 Visas not affected by priority processing ,(https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/priority-processing)
and if you check the process time on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887
it display
75% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

• 90% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

low volume of applications, and so slow. I wait more than 10 months. no CO contact me.

and there is no CAP for 887 visa applicants.

So I suggest we should let immigration hear our situation .

3 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi Russki, 

We want to have newborn baby, but now 887 visa waiting time is really too long, some 887 applicants have already pregnant. 

thanks Russki

• Like 1

Okay guys, 

Wife and I got our 887 visa . 

Applied :12th Feb 2018 

Direct grant : 09th March 2019

Co: sophorn

Thanks very much for everything , I've followed this forum a while now, it is really helpful. Thank you for being so positive and supportive to each other . It really helps.

All the best guys , 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1