Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am new here. I know its a 887 forum but I could not find any dedicated page to discuss about my visa query(granted 190 yesterday). 

I will appreciate if someone can tell me that how can I open an bank account with minimum fees from offshore(before coming to Australia), which bank offers this facility?

Your answer will be hearty appreciated. 

Once again, I know this isn't the right page but as all of you must have the right answer to this. I couldn't think of anything else. Thank you for being kind in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All Seniors, I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with below 3 questions - 

1. I need to rent an apartment in Adelaide and I have heard that We need to have some points to get a rented apartment, so how many points do we need and how do I manage to get them?

2. What are the documents I need to get a rented apartment apart from points?

3. What are the best websites/options to search a rented apartment in South Australia(specifically Adelaide)?

Thank you in advance for your time:)

Hi Happy and Lucky, congrats:)

I also received my visa yesterday and have similar questions in my mind. looking for some responses from our experienced:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Butt said:

I believe no one here from March or April is contacted here yet.
I have no info if anyone from outside.
The people who applied in Nov 17, Dec 17 and January 18, their files been opened or granted in 7 to 8 months .not all but many.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

Thanks for that. this waiting game is def hard & frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I am new here, reading all info out of the forum. Joined today.

want to share my time line.

applied 887      4/4/2018

blessed with Bub 11/09/18

attached complete documents for baby in December 2018.

got 489 and added in 887 on 5/01/2018.

Till now no contact by CO.

long waiting time is killing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

I am new here, reading all info out of the forum. Joined today.

want to share my time line.

applied 887      4/4/2018

blessed with Bub 11/09/18

attached complete documents for baby in December 2018.

got 489 and added in 887 on 5/01/2018.

Till now no contact by CO.

long waiting time is killing.

Hi Ekam,

Congrats for the bub. I am wondering when exactly can you add the little one on the medicare card?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Okay guys, 

Wife and I got our 887 visa . 

Applied :12th Feb 2018 

Direct grant : 09th March 2019

Co: sophorn

Thanks very much for everything , I've followed this forum a while now, it is really helpful. Thank you for being so positive and supportive to each other . It really helps.

All the best guys , 

Congrats 🎂🎉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, Oalam_12thFeb said:
  • Bank statement separated by year, since the day of 489 application till the date of applied for 887  - so from June 2015 till  Feb 2018 - in my case
  • Similar timeline for my payslips - including yearly PAYG summary also from 2015 - 2018 
  • Contract from my Company 
  • Letter from the company - salary, role, duration of my employment and a seal from the director
  • AFP for my wife and I- 2018 & 2019
  • PCC from Uae for my wife - since she was living there prior to this VISA
  • Drivers licence 2018, 2019
  • Statuary declaration, Living with brother
  • Licensing Records from the Transport Authority
  • Rent  receipts 
  • Utility bills
  • Bond receipt 
  • My wife's work PAY G summary 
  • Salary Payslip
  • Marriage certificate 
  • Wife's IELTS
  • Her Degree
  • FORM 80, FORM 1221
  • Both our birth certificates
  • Her tfn number

That's all i can think of man , Good luck 

Similar timeline for my payslips - including yearly PAYG summary also from 2015 - 2018  - Did you upload all your payslips, i mean more than 52 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

I am new here, reading all info out of the forum. Joined today.

want to share my time line.

applied 887      4/4/2018

blessed with Bub 11/09/18

attached complete documents for baby in December 2018.

got 489 and added in 887 on 5/01/2018.

Till now no contact by CO.

long waiting time is killing.

Hi Ekam true the wait is long and killing , currently immi team is looking into Feb 18 application. Welcome on board and all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone driving taxi in Queanbeyan area? I have a question to ask. If someone driving taxi in Queanbeyan, during shift they can easily pickup passenger in Queanbeyan and drop off Canberra. Pickup from Canberra and drop off Queanbeyan. There will be no breaching -visa conditon. Am I right?

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Is anyone driving taxi in Queanbeyan area? I have a question to ask. If someone driving taxi in Queanbeyan, during shift they can easily pickup passenger in Queanbeyan and drop off Canberra. Pickup from Canberra and drop off Queanbeyan. There will be no breaching -visa conditon. Am I right?

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk
 

No, its not a breach of condition. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

I am new here, reading all info out of the forum. Joined today.

want to share my time line.

applied 887      4/4/2018

blessed with Bub 11/09/18

attached complete documents for baby in December 2018.

got 489 and added in 887 on 5/01/2018.

Till now no contact by CO.

long waiting time is killing.

Hi mate

          But documents do I need to send for new born Bub? Applied on 5/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hi mate

          But documents do I need to send for new born Bub? Applied on 5/2018

Hi Ricky,

you need to submit form of changes in circumstances.

Birthday certificate 

passport copy 

Medical document from hospital stating info of baby's health.

Thats All you need.

thanks 

Edited by Ekam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hi Ekam true the wait is long and killing , currently immi team is looking into Feb 18 application. Welcome on board and all the best.

Thanks Ivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Preax said:

Similar timeline for my payslips - including yearly PAYG summary also from 2015 - 2018  - Did you upload all your payslips, i mean more than 52 ?

Yes, I did, Gave them extra information. I don't think it is necessary. I just did not want to give them a chance of saying to provide more information

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Hi Ricky,

you need to submit form of changes in circumstances.

Birthday certificate 

passport copy 

Medical document from hospital stating info of baby's health.

Thats All you need.

thanks 

Mate How can I get medical done before case officer get allocated on application so everything be ready once he get allocated?Any clue thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theage.com.au/national/worst-ever-immigration-minister-asylum-seekers-jet-in-under-dutton-s-nose-20190302-p511d8.html?fbclid=IwAR1o97uR0Z6JgWSyQcIREhrP6sH2zXCQ1dK77dNmGBUYfqqukBCor9J-ghk

 

 

No doubt, Peter Dutton is Australia’s worst ever Immigration Minister.

Complete chaos in visa & citizenship processing, & asylum seekers arriving by plane are out of control.

He’s got to go.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Mate How can I get medical done before case officer get allocated on application so everything be ready once he get allocated?Any clue thx

No , you don't need any medical done for newborn for first six months. Just take a piece of document which hospital provided you at the time of discharge. And 6 week check certificate.

when baby will 6 months, may be they ask for medical or they ask you to sign consent form , so they have access for baby's health record from GP or hospital.

I have not done any medical for my baby.now he is 6 months, i went for his routine check up and take a letter from docter to write about his health and weight, length or 2 and 4 months shots, I mean almost his fitness in case they ask for medical. 

I hope this will help. Anything else let me know.

Thanks

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi Ekam,

Congrats for the bub. I am wondering when exactly can you add the little one on the medicare card?

Thanks.

Thanks,

after one minute of his/her birth.

because that is under parents name.

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Has anyone got an AFP replaced if they have sent it across with a mistake? I checked with the application I submitted to them and it’s correct, but they have sent my AFP certificate with a mistake on my DOB. Wandering if I will have to pay again to get it done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi guys,

Has anyone got an AFP replaced if they have sent it across with a mistake? I checked with the application I submitted to them and it’s correct, but they have sent my AFP certificate with a mistake on my DOB. Wandering if I will have to pay again to get it done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it ur mistake? If they did mistake then u dont need to pay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it ur mistake? If they did mistake then u dont need to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



It was their mistake.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Ekam said:

No , you don't need any medical done for newborn for first six months. Just take a piece of document which hospital provided you at the time of discharge. And 6 week check certificate.

when baby will 6 months, may be they ask for medical or they ask you to sign consent form , so they have access for baby's health record from GP or hospital.

I have not done any medical for my baby.now he is 6 months, i went for his routine check up and take a letter from docter to write about his health and weight, length or 2 and 4 months shots, I mean almost his fitness in case they ask for medical. 

I hope this will help. Anything else let me know.

Thanks

 

Hi Ekam,

Do you mean in first six months, we cant get medical , but we still need to do Passport and 489 visa for newborn baby ,then add newborn baby to ours 887 visa application.

is my understanding right?

 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use