887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 hours ago, ASDFG said:

Thankyou RusskikV-IsMyShortName and all other members for helping and guiding me;) I am grateful to you guys:) I hope all you are waiting get your grant asap and have a new journey which is unbounded.

Just 1 last question - can someone recommend a good medicare (economical+good), I am specifically looking for a medicare which covers maternity expenses for new migrants.

Thankyou:)

In case you got 190 then you are good as you should be on medicare as soon as you land in Australia; in case not then you have the answer...all the best

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Honey said:

For private Medicare I’ll recommend Bupa. Best for maternity if your membership is one year old they will cover 100%. But let’s look for other suggestion . I had Bupa n they cover 100% for my delivery. But during pregnancy your visit for mid wide they only cover 50-60%. . 

Remember that there is a waiting period before you can benefit from private medical aid for larger expenses such as pregnancy and delivery costs. You would have to be on the plan for at least 12 to 24 months, so would not be able to arrive and expect to be covered for pregnancy after 1 month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Guys, when COs ask for more work/residency documents, do they usually ask for certified copies? 

When they ask for certified copies of something, usually it is for the documents that you have already submitted previously, but the department wants hard copies of the same documents to make sure they are genuine. 🙂 

That's my understanding, I may be wrong... 🙂 

On 3/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, SINGH G said:

I applied in October 17.  Only 1 time contact in27/3/18.  Still waiting.

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed seriously..  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed 

Ask him what is the definition of low number of files. There are thousands families out there blaming and crying the immi huge backlogs. We need to raise this issue to the media to scare the people from applying into visa 489. They would feel the reverse pressure from us.

• Like 3

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed seriously..  
Low vloume of applicant, Its not true if you see the excel file there are more then 150+ applicant waiting for PR. Other then excel file I guess there will be another 100+ applicant. Immigration cann't process 250+ applicant, its a shame for them. 250+ applicant, there processing time more then 15 months. I am wondering what happened if 1000 people waiting for their PR. Applicant has to wait at least 3-4 years to get PR.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Low vloume of applicant, Its not true if you see the excel file there are more then 150+ applicant waiting for PR. Other then excel file I guess there will be another 100+ applicant. Immigration cann't process 250+ applicant, its a shame for them. 250+ applicant, there processing time more then 15 months. I am wondering what happened if 1000 people waiting for their PR. Applicant has to wait at least 3-4 years to get PR.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

I think the real number of 887 waiting list is tenfold bigger than all members in the forum. More than 1 thousand.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vinh said:

I think the real number of 887 waiting list is tenfold bigger than all members in the forum. More than 1 thousand.

Yeah, I asked them what do this ("Low volume of applicant)" mean on the website. They said there are uncountable files so we are not sure what time they will be processed. I said its very very confusing statement on the website. These guys are so rude in response. 

• Like 3

Sorry for long long message..

Guys i have a question.. when i was on 489 visa i was living with my friend for 6 months.. all the bills and lease agreement was under his name..after having a disput with friend i moved to another place..then after we are not in  touch. 

Friend is unable to give statutory declarations for my stay with him..so is that ok if i write stat dec by saying i lived with friend  for perticular time frame and not in good terms so he will not be able to confirm but i have bank statements and super  annuation to confirm my stat at that property ?

8 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Sorry for long long message..

Guys i have a question.. when i was on 489 visa i was living with my friend for 6 months.. all the bills and lease agreement was under his name..after having a disput with friend i moved to another place..then after we are not in  touch. 

Friend is unable to give statutory declarations for my stay with him..so is that ok if i write stat dec by saying i lived with friend  for perticular time frame and not in good terms so he will not be able to confirm but i have bank statements and super  annuation to confirm my stat at that property ?

You can ask 2-3 friends or colleagues who know you living in that area to make declaration for you. The more proofs the better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nimmi said:

I had 4 complaint and 6 calls. But always same answer 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vinh said:

You can ask 2-3 friends or colleagues who know you living in that area to make declaration for you. The more proofs the better. 

Bank statements (first page only if you only want to prove your address), your mobile phone bills and a stat declaration from you will probably be enough.

You can also use promotional letters (like your bank offering credit card, etc.) with your name and address on it as additional proof.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Butt said:

I have applied from Bunbury.
I have few others from here too.
April 1st week 2018.
I know one from January waiting. February granted last week and few others from May waiting too.
Not sure if they are here or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Oh that’s good to know. Yeah I was wondering may be they process applications differently for different states. But I reckon we all are in the same boat. Anyways good luck 

• Like 1

All of us getting pissed off every day but still out of 150 or 200 , how many have sent email or called t office of Julian Hill, Tony Burke, their respective MPs or tried to approach media to apprise this situation?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have a question. When I fill form 80, the question was, Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in last 10 years? Actually , I have travelled to home country for two weeks. Do I include its dates? I already submitted form 80. If someone knows, pls help me. Thanks.

I have a question. When I fill form 80, the question was, Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in last 10 years? Actually , I have travelled to home country for two weeks. Do I include its dates? I already submitted form 80. If someone knows, pls help me. Thanks.

Yes u have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Nimmi said:

That’s too bad! I don’t want to be negative but looks the immi department doesn’t care about our voice at all and they can do anything to us at will. 🙂

Since such a situation, I’d like to move to Sydney once my bridging visa comes into effect. I don’t want to waste more time waiting for PR in regional area. I understand some guys did this based on “ no condition” on BV. But some people insist on moving with pr. Guys please kindly comment.Can I do it?