sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

10 minutes ago, Butt said:

I have applied from Bunbury.
I have few others from here too.
April 1st week 2018.
I know one from January waiting. February granted last week and few others from May waiting too.
Not sure if they are here or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have applied from Mandurah.

8 hours ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

sorry for the late update. Got blessed with the baby on 06.03.19 

and co contacted us on 09.03.19 requesting further information

a. Certified copies for evidence of work in Australia. 

now if somebody can guide me how to process further to get the baby on board on the application. I got to know from hospital that I have 60 days to register for baby’s birth which means I have till 6th May 2019 to register baby birth.I Was thinking if I submit work evidence documents and if I get a grant before 60 days and then register baby’s birth. Can this be done ??? 

As what I have read I need to submit birth certificate, passport for baby and I am guessing this will take longer than getting grant.

Congratulations dear n thank You for sharing update 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

No progress? any grant plz!

Sophorn is on holiday now after working on last weekend 😉

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

Congratulations on your baby's arrival @Angos!!! 🎉🤗

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @ricky21232, happy to see you here again! 🙂 But not happy you are still waiting... 😞 

This is terrible, I always look at yours and @SK10 record and hope to hear news about your grants every day!!!! My fingers crossed for you! 🍀

Hi Russki - Yeah, it sucks. Everyday is killing me. Immi. should have transparency, at least inform us reason for delay.  Can we explore some legal action, will it work?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Hi Russki - Yeah, it sucks. Everyday is killing me. Immi. should have transparency, at least inform us reason for delay.  Can we explore some legal action, will it work?

Unfortunately, the law says that the immigration department is not bounded by any timeframes to process our visas, which is double sad. 😞 So there is not law to make them accountable for delays. the estimated processing times they are publishing on their website are just their service standard, it is not legally binding. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:
1 hour ago, Russki said:

Unfortunately, the law says that the immigration department is not bounded by any timeframes to process our visas, which is double sad. 😞 So there is not law to make them accountable for delays. the estimated processing times they are publishing on their website are just their service standard, it is not legally binding. 🙂 

@Russki  When i feel frustrated, i'll go to Julian Hill Mp's video and watch and really feel a bit relief. At lease he is the one in that position who can address a lecture in Parliament house attacking current visa processing department.  Even want to call them to talk about 887 visas,  not just citizenship cases. 887 visas is a thing  of humanitarian, of government's trust , of regional policy affects and our future!

Highlights info row image
(03) 9547 1444

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Angos said:

Hi, 

now if somebody can guide me how to process further to get the baby on board on the application. I got to know from hospital that I have 60 days to register for baby’s birth which means I have till 6th May 2019 to register baby birth.I Was thinking if I submit work evidence documents and if I get a grant before 60 days and then register baby’s birth. Can this be done ??? 

As what I have read I need to submit birth certificate, passport for baby and I am guessing this will take longer than getting grant.

Hi Angos

Congrats for the baby and being contacted. Undoubtedly, you'll have to inform the department about your baby. You'll be in the queue now but it will be good for you in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Chopsan said:

No as that will be for people applying for those Visa's and not for 887

These are only changes to the occupation lists which happens every year, nothing to do with sc887 applications

16 hours ago, ASDFG said:

Thankyou RusskikV-IsMyShortName and all other members for helping and guiding me;) I am grateful to you guys:) I hope all you are waiting get your grant asap and have a new journey which is unbounded.

Just 1 last question - can someone recommend a good medicare (economical+good), I am specifically looking for a medicare which covers maternity expenses for new migrants.

Thankyou:)

In case you got 190 then you are good as you should be on medicare as soon as you land in Australia; in case not then you have the answer...all the best

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Honey said:

For private Medicare I’ll recommend Bupa. Best for maternity if your membership is one year old they will cover 100%. But let’s look for other suggestion . I had Bupa n they cover 100% for my delivery. But during pregnancy your visit for mid wide they only cover 50-60%. . 

Remember that there is a waiting period before you can benefit from private medical aid for larger expenses such as pregnancy and delivery costs. You would have to be on the plan for at least 12 to 24 months, so would not be able to arrive and expect to be covered for pregnancy after 1 month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dee said:

In case you got 190 then you are good as you should be on medicare as soon as you land in Australia; in case not then you have the answer...all the best

Of course, I didn't realise that @ASDFG is a PR already! 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

Thanks @Seacity112, I know what you mean, I also watched a few of his videos yesterday, he is really good!!! 🤗🙂

• Like 1

Guys, when COs ask for more work/residency documents, do they usually ask for certified copies? 

12 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Guys, when COs ask for more work/residency documents, do they usually ask for certified copies? 

When they ask for certified copies of something, usually it is for the documents that you have already submitted previously, but the department wants hard copies of the same documents to make sure they are genuine. 🙂 

That's my understanding, I may be wrong... 🙂 

Thanks everyone for the wishes . And thanks for answering my queries. I know now I have to keep patience with the procedure. I am going to upload change of circumstances form and apply for birth certificate. 

• Like 8

On 3/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, SINGH G said:

I applied in October 17.  Only 1 time contact in27/3/18.  Still waiting.

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed seriously..  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed 

Ask him what is the definition of low number of files. There are thousands families out there blaming and crying the immi huge backlogs. We need to raise this issue to the media to scare the people from applying into visa 489. They would feel the reverse pressure from us.

• Like 3

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed seriously..  
Low vloume of applicant, Its not true if you see the excel file there are more then 150+ applicant waiting for PR. Other then excel file I guess there will be another 100+ applicant. Immigration cann't process 250+ applicant, its a shame for them. 250+ applicant, there processing time more then 15 months. I am wondering what happened if 1000 people waiting for their PR. Applicant has to wait at least 3-4 years to get PR.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Low vloume of applicant, Its not true if you see the excel file there are more then 150+ applicant waiting for PR. Other then excel file I guess there will be another 100+ applicant. Immigration cann't process 250+ applicant, its a shame for them. 250+ applicant, there processing time more then 15 months. I am wondering what happened if 1000 people waiting for their PR. Applicant has to wait at least 3-4 years to get PR.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

I think the real number of 887 waiting list is tenfold bigger than all members in the forum. More than 1 thousand.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vinh said:

I think the real number of 887 waiting list is tenfold bigger than all members in the forum. More than 1 thousand.

Yeah, I asked them what do this ("Low volume of applicant)" mean on the website. They said there are uncountable files so we are not sure what time they will be processed. I said its very very confusing statement on the website. These guys are so rude in response. 

• Like 3

Sorry for long long message..

Guys i have a question.. when i was on 489 visa i was living with my friend for 6 months.. all the bills and lease agreement was under his name..after having a disput with friend i moved to another place..then after we are not in  touch. 

Friend is unable to give statutory declarations for my stay with him..so is that ok if i write stat dec by saying i lived with friend  for perticular time frame and not in good terms so he will not be able to confirm but i have bank statements and super  annuation to confirm my stat at that property ?