Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Nimmi said:

Sorry for long long message..

Guys i have a question.. when i was on 489 visa i was living with my friend for 6 months.. all the bills and lease agreement was under his name..after having a disput with friend i moved to another place..then after we are not in  touch. 

Friend is unable to give statutory declarations for my stay with him..so is that ok if i write stat dec by saying i lived with friend  for perticular time frame and not in good terms so he will not be able to confirm but i have bank statements and super  annuation to confirm my stat at that property ?

You can ask 2-3 friends or colleagues who know you living in that area to make declaration for you. The more proofs the better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nimmi said:

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed seriously..  

I had 4 complaint and 6 calls. But always same answer 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vinh said:

You can ask 2-3 friends or colleagues who know you living in that area to make declaration for you. The more proofs the better. 

Bank statements (first page only if you only want to prove your address), your mobile phone bills and a stat declaration from you will probably be enough.

You can also use promotional letters (like your bank offering credit card, etc.) with your name and address on it as additional proof.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question : If I have run out of space of 60 documents and have uploaded my documents in my family document section then do I have to inform immi via email or will CO automatically come to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Butt said:

I have applied from Bunbury.
I have few others from here too.
April 1st week 2018.
I know one from January waiting. February granted last week and few others from May waiting too.
Not sure if they are here or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

Oh that’s good to know. Yeah I was wondering may be they process applications differently for different states. But I reckon we all are in the same boat. Anyways good luck 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering what will happen who has not completed any basic requirement and just apply 887 near the end of 4 years and stay in this country for 2 years in bridging visa with medicare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of us getting pissed off every day but still out of 150 or 200 , how many have sent email or called t office of Julian Hill, Tony Burke, their respective MPs or tried to approach media to apprise this situation?


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question. When I fill form 80, the question was, Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in last 10 years? Actually , I have travelled to home country for two weeks. Do I include its dates? I already submitted form 80. If someone knows, pls help me. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a question. When I fill form 80, the question was, Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in last 10 years? Actually , I have travelled to home country for two weeks. Do I include its dates? I already submitted form 80. If someone knows, pls help me. Thanks.

Yes u have to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nimmi said:

Just rang immigration ..i told that person who answered my call that as per my 887 visa global processing time is 12 to 14 months and i have completed 15 months and i am still waiting.. straight away he said for 887 visa there is no time limit due to low numbers of files... he made me  so pissed seriously..  

That’s too bad! I don’t want to be negative but looks the immi department doesn’t care about our voice at all and they can do anything to us at will. 🙂

Since such a situation, I’d like to move to Sydney once my bridging visa comes into effect. I don’t want to waste more time waiting for PR in regional area. I understand some guys did this based on “ no condition” on BV. But some people insist on moving with pr. Guys please kindly comment.Can I do it?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

That’s too bad! I don’t want to be negative but looks the immi department doesn’t care about our voice at all and they can do anything to us at will. 🙂

Since such a situation, I’d like to move to Sydney once my bridging visa comes into effect. I don’t want to waste more time waiting for PR in regional area. I understand some guys did this based on “ no condition” on BV. But some people insist on moving with pr. Guys please kindly comment.Can I do it?

 

 

 

 

No until you got pr. Bridging visa is exactly the same with your previous 489 visa for work and living condition. I cant find the link saying that but I know it's correct.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Remember that there is a waiting period before you can benefit from private medical aid for larger expenses such as pregnancy and delivery costs. You would have to be on the plan for at least 12 to 24 months, so would not be able to arrive and expect to be covered for pregnancy after 1 month.

Bupa can waive off waiting period if you submit your overseas Medicare stating that it covers all the medical expenses. Cheers 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vinh said:

No until you got pr. Bridging visa is exactly the same with your previous 489 visa for work and living condition. I cant find the link saying that but I know it's correct.👍

Hi mates,

I have already moved to Metropolitan since last  November after 3 or 4 phone calls to the department (different officer) where their replies were almost the same: (as you are saying there are now no conditions on your bridging visa (VEVO), then you may proceed to (live and work) as per these new "No conditions"!) Non of them had given me any word (or impression) of objection to the intended move.

 

I also sent email to the department (Team 10) with reminder (one week gap) to get their (no objection) or comments on my intention to move. but as usual, no response yet 🙂

below is the content of the Reminder!

[Dear Madam/Sir, 

Good day!
 
Following to my below notice (email) sent since one week, I would like to confirm that I have already received the Job offer and have been requested to join the company located in !!!!!!!!!! on 15th November 2018.
 
Since I have not yet received any response to my below inquiry, I hereby record that we are going to proceed with the move next week, considering your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that there are no requirements/procedures that we (Names of the family members!!!!!!!) need to follow for moving to metropolitan area at this stage.
 
Moreover, we also consider your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that this move has no impact on processing our 887 application.
 
If you have any comment/clarification on the above, let us know, please 
 
Yours faithfully]

 

This is my own experience that may not apply to others, but i am sharing it for the sake of guidance that may help somebody in need!

 

Applied 12 Feb. 2018, finger crossed!

Regards

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nimmi said:

Sorry for long long message..

Guys i have a question.. when i was on 489 visa i was living with my friend for 6 months.. all the bills and lease agreement was under his name..after having a disput with friend i moved to another place..then after we are not in  touch. 

Friend is unable to give statutory declarations for my stay with him..so is that ok if i write stat dec by saying i lived with friend  for perticular time frame and not in good terms so he will not be able to confirm but i have bank statements and super  annuation to confirm my stat at that property ?

you can write a stat deceleration and submit, my mate did the same, he was working in remote area, moved back to city.

At the time  he was applying for 887 he gave a stat dec, otherwise he had to drive 400km to get a letter from his landlord.

Already got his visa.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

That’s too bad! I don’t want to be negative but looks the immi department doesn’t care about our voice at all and they can do anything to us at will. 🙂

Since such a situation, I’d like to move to Sydney once my bridging visa comes into effect. I don’t want to waste more time waiting for PR in regional area. I understand some guys did this based on “ no condition” on BV. But some people insist on moving with pr. Guys please kindly comment.Can I do it?

 

10 minutes ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

I have already moved to Metropolitan since last  November after 3 or 4 phone calls to the department (different officer) where their replies were almost the same: (as you are saying there are now no conditions on your bridging visa (VEVO), then you may proceed to (live and work) as per these new "No conditions"!) Non of them had given me any word (or impression) of objection to the intended move.

 

I also sent email to the department (Team 10) with reminder (one week gap) to get their (no objection) or comments on my intention to move. but as usual, no response yet 🙂

This is my own experience that may not apply to others, but i am sharing it for the sake of guidance that may help somebody in need!

Applied 12 Feb. 2018, finger crossed!

Regards

 

Qui tacet consentire videtur, it means he who is silent is understood to consent. Silence means consent.

I agree with Raed. The details and conditions expressly stated/written on the grant of bridging visa (from 489) should be the authoritative information.

In our case if nobody complains about our predicament, then it must be understood that we're not bothered by counting the (agonising and seemingly endless) days until our 887 grants arrive.

🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi friends. Just need your help. I will apply for 887 end of march 2019. Could anyone pls help me for Phone bill or electricity bill.

Do i need to upload for 2 years?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sihab said:

Hi friends. Just need your help. I will apply for 887 end of march 2019. Could anyone pls help me for Phone bill or electricity bill.

Do i need to upload for 2 years?

All the utility bills i.e. Gas, Electricity, Phone or Broadband has to be for 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dee said:

All the utility bills i.e. Gas, Electricity, Phone or Broadband has to be for 2 years.

Thanks mate. I do have electricity and Gas from same company. Do I need to upload both or one is ok

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sihab said:

Thanks mate. I do have electricity and Gas from same company. Do I need to upload both or one is ok

I uploaded all and would recommend uploading all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning - in furtherance to my note few days back; i finally filed 887 (2 days back). New thing which my MARA consultant asked for was to update your home country identification and in my case it was Aadhar Card/No. As per him this latest thing CO's are asking for. I just thought of sharing here for everyone's benefit, in case you already know then please ignore my note🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

I have already moved to Metropolitan since last  November after 3 or 4 phone calls to the department (different officer) where their replies were almost the same: (as you are saying there are now no conditions on your bridging visa (VEVO), then you may proceed to (live and work) as per these new "No conditions"!) Non of them had given me any word (or impression) of objection to the intended move.

 

I also sent email to the department (Team 10) with reminder (one week gap) to get their (no objection) or comments on my intention to move. but as usual, no response yet 🙂

below is the content of the Reminder!

[Dear Madam/Sir, 

Good day!
 
Following to my below notice (email) sent since one week, I would like to confirm that I have already received the Job offer and have been requested to join the company located in !!!!!!!!!! on 15th November 2018.
 
Since I have not yet received any response to my below inquiry, I hereby record that we are going to proceed with the move next week, considering your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that there are no requirements/procedures that we (Names of the family members!!!!!!!) need to follow for moving to metropolitan area at this stage.
 
Moreover, we also consider your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that this move has no impact on processing our 887 application.
 
If you have any comment/clarification on the above, let us know, please 
 
Yours faithfully]

 

This is my own experience that may not apply to others, but i am sharing it for the sake of guidance that may help somebody in need!

 

Applied 12 Feb. 2018, finger crossed!

Regards

 

Hi Raed, have your Bridging visa come into effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

I have already moved to Metropolitan since last  November after 3 or 4 phone calls to the department (different officer) where their replies were almost the same: (as you are saying there are now no conditions on your bridging visa (VEVO), then you may proceed to (live and work) as per these new "No conditions"!) Non of them had given me any word (or impression) of objection to the intended move.

 

I also sent email to the department (Team 10) with reminder (one week gap) to get their (no objection) or comments on my intention to move. but as usual, no response yet 🙂

below is the content of the Reminder!

[Dear Madam/Sir, 

Good day!
 
Following to my below notice (email) sent since one week, I would like to confirm that I have already received the Job offer and have been requested to join the company located in !!!!!!!!!! on 15th November 2018.
 
Since I have not yet received any response to my below inquiry, I hereby record that we are going to proceed with the move next week, considering your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that there are no requirements/procedures that we (Names of the family members!!!!!!!) need to follow for moving to metropolitan area at this stage.
 
Moreover, we also consider your no-response to be a confirmation from your side that this move has no impact on processing our 887 application.
 
If you have any comment/clarification on the above, let us know, please 
 
Yours faithfully]

 

This is my own experience that may not apply to others, but i am sharing it for the sake of guidance that may help somebody in need!

 

Applied 12 Feb. 2018, finger crossed!

Regards

 

If it is the case, wishing you get the pr sooner. There are thousands of people with their 489 to be expired in a couple days. Once we jump to bridging visa with no conditions and the government's waiting game is far from over to hold us back.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dee said:

Good morning - in furtherance to my note few days back; i finally filed 887 (2 days back). New thing which my MARA consultant asked for was to update your home country identification and in my case it was Aadhar Card/No. As per him this latest thing CO's are asking for. I just thought of sharing here for everyone's benefit, in case you already know then please ignore my note🙏

It has always requested home country identification in Form 80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Honey said:

Yeah, I asked them what do this ("Low volume of applicant)" mean on the website. They said there are uncountable files so we are not sure what time they will be processed. I said its very very confusing statement on the website. These guys are so rude in response. 

So, just wait? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use