sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hi All,

It may not mean much but some interesting statistics when reviewing our group spreadsheet, which begs the question, why are 887 applications decreasing so substantially from month to month? I know the spreadsheet may only represent members on this forum but does the trend indicate the general trend across Australia? Could this be a reason why the immigration website explains that there is not enough applications to determine a timeline? Ofcourse it may mean that people are just not visiting this forum, but it is an interesting fact after immigration numbers were cut over the last few years and point requirements have increased for all visas.

Number of sc887 Applications per month since 1 November 2017 until end Feb'19 (I could go further back which could further back-up the trend)

Nov'17 = 45;   Dec'17 = 36;   Jan'18 = 47;   Feb'18 = 49;   March'18 = 13;   April'18 = 26;   May'18 = 11;   June'18 = 12;   July'18 = 10;   Aug'18 = 8;   Sep'18 = 9;   Oct'18 = 5;   Nov'18 = 5;   Dec'18 = 8;   Jan'19 = 2;   Feb'19 = 8

In November'17 there were 45 applications, but in November'18 only 5!

True...

• Like 1

Hi All,

It may not mean much but some interesting statistics when reviewing our group spreadsheet, which begs the question, why are 887 applications decreasing so substantially from month to month? I know the spreadsheet may only represent members on this forum but does the trend indicate the general trend across Australia? Could this be a reason why the immigration website explains that there is not enough applications to determine a timeline? Ofcourse it may mean that people are just not visiting this forum, but it is an interesting fact after immigration numbers were cut over the last few years and point requirements have increased for all visas.

Number of sc887 Applications per month since 1 November 2017 until end Feb'19 (I could go further back which could further back-up the trend)

Nov'17 = 45;   Dec'17 = 36;   Jan'18 = 47;   Feb'18 = 49;   March'18 = 13;   April'18 = 26;   May'18 = 11;   June'18 = 12;   July'18 = 10;   Aug'18 = 8;   Sep'18 = 9;   Oct'18 = 5;   Nov'18 = 5;   Dec'18 = 8;   Jan'19 = 2;   Feb'19 = 8

In November'17 there were 45 applications, but in November'18 only 5!

So there are several 'big' months for 887. especially Feb 2018. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seacity112 said:

So there are several 'big' months for 887. especially Feb 2018. 

It could ofcourse mean that if there are less immigrants taking up the 489 visa then it may mean that once Feb'18 887 applicants are processed, then the balance of applicants after Feb'18 may be processed faster....................I live in hope 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It could ofcourse mean that if there are less immigrants taking up the 489 visa then it may mean that once Feb'18 887 applicants are processed, then the balance of applicants after Feb'18 may be processed faster....................I live in hope 

Good hope! Actually they don't need to delay approvals for 887 deliberately, all they got just political condemnations from parties, and we just can get granted sooner or later. 887 is the subclass deserves good treaty, because more than two years' real life in regional areas is not a joke!!!! And plus all documents we provided for 489, there's no reason for them to play this game!! Stupid! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi mates,

I got contacted by Mr Sophorn, He requested AFP for me and my wife. and UAE PCC for me (I visited UAE last month).

Applied 12 Feb. 2018.

Let,s hope for the best. Looong wait!

• Like 10

Hi mates,

I got contacted by Mr Sophorn, He requested AFP for me and my wife. and UAE PCC for me (I visited UAE last month).

Applied 12 Feb. 2018.

Wow CO sophorn is on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

Applied 12 Feb. 2018.

Great you got contacted @Raed! 🙂 Hope your grant will follow soon.

Just another reminder for everyone who still have not updated their AFP clearance certificates, do it asap. 😉 🙂 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Raed said:

Hi mates,

Applied 12 Feb. 2018.

How long were you in the UAE for in order for them to request a PCC?

One case officer working, we got 2 grant and 1 has been contacted in a single day. Imagine 5 case officers working for 887 . Processing time will be much faster. Just hope for the best.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

How long were you in the UAE for in order for them to request a PCC?

A week only!!!! my last UAE-PCC was updated last August 😞

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raed said:

How did they know you have visited uae?

or they asked for the last year trip?

• Like 1

I have worked in UAE for 3 months only.Shall I get the PCC for that too?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Raed said:

Thanks Raed, how do you obtain your PCC, is it Dubai Police or through the ministry

27 minutes ago, MPK said:

Thanks

I'd say yes. 🙂 They asked me for PCC for just a 4 weeks visit to the country. @Raed has been asked for just one week. 😮 And another member was asked for a new Irish PCC after 3 months holiday in Ireland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPK said:

Thanks

I learned it the hard way... Yess.. Apply immediately mate 

• Like 1

Thanks Raed, how do you obtain your PCC, is it Dubai Police or through the ministry

Through MOI.. online 

Guess what PCC for my son who turned 16 here in australia and didnt go Home country since he turned 16 and still I got AFP PCC and overseas PCC for him. I didnt wanted to leave any chance.

4 minutes ago, Rangana said:

If I visit to home country for two weeks, I need AFP ? Anyone help me.

I will say just apply for one. Indian PCC takes 5 working days to get. Dont take any chance. It just takes around 50 bucks. So 50 bucks or wait for another 3-4 months

• Like 1

I will say just apply for one. Indian PCC takes 5 working days to get. Dont take any chance. It just takes around 50 bucks. So 50 bucks or wait for another 3-4 months

Hi chopsan , do we need to certify the overseas police clearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chopsan said:

Guess what PCC for my son who turned 16 here in australia and didnt go Home country since he turned 16 and still I got AFP PCC and overseas PCC for him. I didnt wanted to leave any chance.

OMG! 😮 I thought, we only need police clearances for over 18 applicants?! My boy just turned 16! 😄 😄 

You are right:

We may ask you to provide a police certificate (also called a penal clearance certificate) from every country you have lived in.

This applies if you are over 16 and have lived in any of the listed countries, including Australia, for at least 12 months in the past 10 years. It may apply if you have worked on a ship.

2 hours ago, MPK said:

Thanks

Yes you must

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chopsan said:

***Drum rolls please***

Just received the most awaited email of my life

I have been granted PR for me and my family

Thank you everyone for all support

I applied on 12th Feb and this is DIRECT GRANT

I did everything to get but the last thing I did this morning was blood donation in Red Cross

And yes CO is Sophorn

Congrats mate