sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Question for those who had a child born while waiting for 887 grant,

Do I need enrol my newborn to Medicare only?

Or

Do I need to enrol my newborn for Family Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, and Medicare?

Any help is appreciated.

@Ruskki  @ all members 

I have got an email from Julian Hills. Let more and more people listen to our voice and push things forward!  

Good Afternoon

Thanks for your email. I am sorry to hear that you have been affected by the Liberals’ mismanagement of our migration programme.

There are delays across all areas of the Department of Home Affairs due to decisions made by this Government which has meant that standard processing times have blown out across the board. People are waiting longer and longer for their visas to be processed.

Federal Labor has committed to providing more staff to the department should we be successful at the upcoming election, however the mess the Liberals have created will take a lot of time and hard work to fix. We need a Government that will properly resource crucial government departments, such as our immigration department.

All the best with your application. I know that the wait is difficult, however I am unsure what practical assistance I can provide given the systemic issues.

If you would like to raise this further then I suggest that you speak to a migration agent or a lawyer who may know of a legal avenue available to you.

Julian will continue to push for the problems within the department to be fixed and for our public services to be properly resourced.

Kind Regards

Despina Skourlis

Office of Julian Hill MP

Federal Member for Bruce, Parliament of Australia

T: +61 3 9547 1444 | E: despina.skourlis@aph.gov.au

Shop 98A, Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre | Police Road | Mulgrave VIC 3170

PO Box 1034 | Waverley Gardens | VIC 3170

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

@Ruskki  @ all members 

I have got an email from Julian Hills. Let more and more people listen to our voice and push things forward!  

Good Afternoon

Thanks for your email. I am sorry to hear that you have been affected by the Liberals’ mismanagement of our migration programme.

There are delays across all areas of the Department of Home Affairs due to decisions made by this Government which has meant that standard processing times have blown out across the board. People are waiting longer and longer for their visas to be processed.

Good outcome. 🙂  I hope Labour gets majority at upcoming elections! 🙂 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

That depends on family. Look at the definition below

Family Tax Benefit (FTB) is a payment that helps eligible families with the cost of raising children. It is made up of two parts:

• FTB Part A – is paid per-child and the amount paid is based on the family’s circumstances.
  • FTB Part B – is paid per-family and gives extra help to single parents and some couple families with one main income.

I have one 7.6 year old kid but lady said after change of rule from 01/01/2019, we are not eligible for part A

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

@Ruskki  @ all members 

Good Afternoon

Federal Labor has committed to providing more staff to the department should we be successful at the upcoming election, however the mess the Liberals have created will take a lot of time and hard work to fix. We need a Government that will properly resource crucial government departments, such as our immigration department.

All the best with your application. I know that the wait is difficult, however I am unsure what practical assistance I can provide given the systemic issues.

If you would like to raise this further then I suggest that you speak to a migration agent or a lawyer who may know of a legal avenue available to you.

Julian will continue to push for the problems within the department to be fixed and for our public services to be properly resourced.

Kind Regards

Despina Skourlis

Office of Julian Hill MP

Federal Member for Bruce, Parliament of Australia

T: +61 3 9547 1444 | E: despina.skourlis@aph.gov.au

Shop 98A, Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre | Police Road | Mulgrave VIC 3170

I have received the same reply back from them .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russki said:

Good outcome. 🙂  I hope Labour gets majority at upcoming elections! 🙂 

No idea who should / could win , but the department should be given more pressure to work harder, even weekedn or holiday. We hate this deliberate delays!!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, bilal_albahar@yahoo.com said:

I have received the same reply back from them .

Good!  That's our action, and will touch the goal!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I have one 7.6 year old kid but lady said after change of rule from 01/01/2019, we are not eligible for part A

I have been given different information and told that we are eligible.

FTB-A is per child and FTB-B is per family. Thats the major difference between two

Hi everyone,

Just want to know how long have applicants waited after resubmitting an AFP report? This is after a CO has requested for it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi [mention=1403]a4anudeep[/mention] -can i please ask a question; when you applied for 887 what was the timeline? I see that you got grant in 7 months.
I applied on 21st Dec 17. I got my grant in July 4th 18. Yes it was 7 months.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

My question meant official time line at that point of time.
I remember as 8-10 months

SCOTT Morrison says he is determined to ensure Australia remains the world’s “best immigration nation”, by promoting understanding and calling out people who go against that spirit.

But the prime minister has stressed he won’t be drawn into a “slanging match” between personalities, after being asked whether Pauline Hanson and her One Nation Party are racist.

DETAILS HERE: http://bit.ly/2HIkx9X

Benefits? Hope all the best!

What the prodicament is currently for 489 holders' transmission to 887, will happen.again 3-5years later fOr 189s, and other regional visa holders.

No grants for last two days, just wondering what is going on. In the meanwhile I found it on Facebook thought it will be interesting for future applicant. I haven't found any reliable source yet but never mind, after November 2019 all the 489/887 visa holder can live in ACT legally.4e0d3309f55f340fcd1d39b8fbadd73e.jpg

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all, I have one more question regarding the Police Check.

The one I submitted was done in April last year and I assume it is only valid for 12 month?

Just thinking if I should apply for a new,updated one recently and upload to the application? Hopefully this will help to speed up the process? Rather than waiting for the CO to respond and ask for another AFP?

Hi all, I have one more question regarding the Police Check.
The one I submitted was done in April last year and I assume it is only valid for 12 month?
Just thinking if I should apply for a new,updated one recently and upload to the application? Hopefully this will help to speed up the process? Rather than waiting for the CO to respond and ask for another AFP?
Yes, get a new one as we had to provide a new AFP

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi guys I will submit my 887 in May and I am now planning to apply for AFP now, could you pls tell me if we only require the standard AFP ($42) or do we need to select the fingerprint one? Thanks

On 3/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, JPSLTOZ said:

They are enough.. But you may need a reference letter from cleaning company.

I did temporary cleaning works. They are four or five companies. Sometime, oneday, three days and two weeks cleanings. Therefore, can't ask reference letters. What do I do? But, I clearly showed h hours on invoices, bank deposited details and tax return docs. Are they enough ?

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

Hi guys I will submit my 887 in May and I am now planning to apply for AFP now, could you pls tell me if we only require the standard AFP ($42) or do we need to select the fingerprint one? Thanks

Only standard AFP $42 sufficient 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rangana said:

I did temporary cleaning works. They are four or five companies. Sometime, oneday, three days and two weeks cleanings. Therefore, can't ask reference letters. What do I do? But, I clearly showed h hours on invoices, bank deposited details and tax return docs. Are they enough ?

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/skilled-employment-documents-eoi.aspx

• Business/Marketing plans
  • Audited financial statements and cashflow statements
  • ASIC registered business name
  • Business licence, if applicable
  • Business bank account 
  • Public liability insurance for cleaners

Self-employment.png

4CDC1153-03E8-40A9-8D74-CBFEE4F40DB4.thumb.png.43cd3a544862a1e98fce1afaf3622957.png
This seems like the new 489s who apply after November are affected. so all the people who are already on 489 won't be affected.