887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi everyone, just a question about the validation of IELTS test. I know immigration website says 1 year, but IELTS website says 2. Then I saw in the comment that sometimes they accept 3 years? I just wanted to know has anyone submitted IELTS that's within 3 years and got accepted?

I took my IELTS test in 2015 and submitted my application in 2018, it was within 3 years. My overall band was 7, and have been living in Australia every since... It's not likely my English ability would down to under 4...

Also, can anybody add me to excel sheet? I submitted my application on 25 Feb 2018. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iris412 said:

Hi everyone, just a question about the validation of IELTS test. I know immigration website says 1 year, but IELTS website says 2. Then I saw in the comment that sometimes they accept 3 years? I just wanted to know has anyone submitted IELTS that's within 3 years and got accepted?

I took my IELTS test in 2015 and submitted my application in 2018, it was within 3 years. My overall band was 7, and have been living in Australia every since... It's not likely my English ability would down to under 4...

Also, can anybody add me to excel sheet? I submitted my application on 25 Feb 2018. Thanks a lot!

I have added you in excel sheet :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

Hi guys, my case has been opened today, CO Sophorn is requesting a new AFP for main applicant to have alias name included in. This is very strange to me, because not a single document I submitted in showing this alias name of mine. I only use this name at work, just for in case of people having trouble to prounce my legal name right. Apparently CO somehow did a very good research and discovered I have been using this alias name. Ok then, I will be doing my 3rd AFP tonight, hope this is the last time I’m doing it.

my timeline:

887 submitted on: 16/02/2018

02/2019: I updated AFP for both main applicant and secondary applicant when the old ones got expired

08/04/2019: first contact by CO requesting AFP with alias name

CO: Sophorn

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hi guys, my case has been opened today, CO Sophorn is requesting a new AFP for main applicant to have alias name included in. This is very strange to me, because not a single document I submitted in showing this alias name of mine. I only use this name at work, just for in case of people having trouble to prounce my legal name right. Apparently CO somehow did a very good research and discovered I have been using this alias name. Ok then, I will be doing my 3rd AFP tonight, hope this is the last time I’m doing it.
my timeline:
02/2019: I updated AFP for both main applicant and secondary applicant when the old ones got expired

What's this Alias?
If some member can shed some useful info on this.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vlogo said:

my timeline:

Is this shortened name used on your linked in?
Is this shortened name used on your work Email?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean said:

Anyone knows How to get AFP include all aliases? Thank you 

When u fill form after u call them and let them know u need afp with surname and without surname,this is what i do,i apply before and get only with surname and i apply again and call them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, toot said:

Is this shortened name used on your linked in?
Is this shortened name used on your work Email?

I was using “Vivien” for alias name, but people from work spell this name with few variations like Vivian, vivienne etc. my linked in has been inactive for many years, my personal email has vivien in it, but CO was specific requesting to include Vivian (with ‘an’ but not ‘en’)as alias name. and I was using a agent so all correspondence goes in agent email instead of mine personal email. After all this, they stilled discovered me was using an alias name.🤔🤔

oh one thing forgot to say, my work email is with my legal name too. That alias name of my is really an unofficial name and buried deep down🙃

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, vlogo said:

I was using “Vivien” for alias name, but people from work spell this name with few variations like Vivian, vivienne etc. my linked in has been inactive for many years, my personal email has vivien in it, but CO was specific requesting to include Vivian (with ‘an’ but not ‘en’)as alias name. and I was using a agent so all correspondence goes in agent email instead of mine personal email. After all this, they stilled discovered me was using an alias name.🤔🤔

oh one thing forgot to say, my work email is with my legal name too. That alias name of my is really an unofficial name and buried deep down🙃

Strategies to buy time. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Butt said:

What's this Alias?
If some member can shed some useful info on this.

30 minutes ago, vlogo said:

Last week Sophorn has also requested me to get a new AFP that includes my ALIAS.

An ALIAS or ALIASES are names that a person is also known as or name(s) that a person currently uses or has been previously known as.

It could be a nickname, given name, middle name, Christian name, professional name, pet names or any names.

In my case, I was asked to exclude my middle name (mom's birth surname).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dee said:

All the applicants (Primary or dependent/secondary) should be onshore while filing the 887 application. Once the application is filed then its OK to travel and also at the time of decision all the applicants should be onshore.

"at the time of decision all the applicants should be onshore"...…….how will one know when is the time of decision?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, vlogo said:

my timeline:

CO Come to know that you have been known to different name by two ways..

1. any document you submitted in file that have different name from your passport( i.e birth certificate, driving license etc)

2. You inform them by answering question no. 4 in from 80.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vlogo said:

Wow, I’d like to say Sophorn is qualified to work as an FBI agent. Now many of us have new hassle to deal with... 🙂

• Haha 2