sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

30 minutes ago, vlogo said:

I was using “Vivien” for alias name, but people from work spell this name with few variations like Vivian, vivienne etc. my linked in has been inactive for many years, my personal email has vivien in it, but CO was specific requesting to include Vivian (with ‘an’ but not ‘en’)as alias name. and I was using a agent so all correspondence goes in agent email instead of mine personal email. After all this, they stilled discovered me was using an alias name.🤔🤔

oh one thing forgot to say, my work email is with my legal name too. That alias name of my is really an unofficial name and buried deep down🙃

Strategies to buy time. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Butt said:

What's this Alias?
If some member can shed some useful info on this.

30 minutes ago, vlogo said:

Hi guys, my case has been opened today, CO Sophorn is requesting a new AFP for main applicant to have alias name included in. This is very strange to me, because not a single document I submitted in showing this alias name of mine. I only use this name at work, just for in case of people having trouble to prounce my legal name right. Apparently CO somehow did a very good research and discovered I have been using this alias name. Ok then, I will be doing my 3rd AFP tonight, hope this is the last time I’m doing it.

Last week Sophorn has also requested me to get a new AFP that includes my ALIAS.

An ALIAS or ALIASES are names that a person is also known as or name(s) that a person currently uses or has been previously known as.

It could be a nickname, given name, middle name, Christian name, professional name, pet names or any names.

In my case, I was asked to exclude my middle name (mom's birth surname).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dee said:

All the applicants (Primary or dependent/secondary) should be onshore while filing the 887 application. Once the application is filed then its OK to travel and also at the time of decision all the applicants should be onshore.

"at the time of decision all the applicants should be onshore"...…….how will one know when is the time of decision?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, vlogo said:

Hi guys, my case has been opened today, CO Sophorn is requesting a new AFP for main applicant to have alias name included in. This is very strange to me, because not a single document I submitted in showing this alias name of mine. I only use this name at work, just for in case of people having trouble to prounce my legal name right. Apparently CO somehow did a very good research and discovered I have been using this alias name. Ok then, I will be doing my 3rd AFP tonight, hope this is the last time I’m doing it.

my timeline:

887 submitted on: 16/02/2018

02/2019: I updated AFP for both main applicant and secondary applicant when the old ones got expired

08/04/2019: first contact by CO requesting AFP with alias name

CO: Sophorn

CO Come to know that you have been known to different name by two ways..

1. any document you submitted in file that have different name from your passport( i.e birth certificate, driving license etc)

2. You inform them by answering question no. 4 in from 80.

• Like 1

Guys, what about Russian patronymic names? Should we order AFP certificates with patronymic names?

1 hour ago, vlogo said:

I was using “Vivien” for alias name, but people from work spell this name with few variations like Vivian, vivienne etc. my linked in has been inactive for many years, my personal email has vivien in it, but CO was specific requesting to include Vivian (with ‘an’ but not ‘en’)as alias name. and I was using a agent so all correspondence goes in agent email instead of mine personal email. After all this, they stilled discovered me was using an alias name.🤔🤔

oh one thing forgot to say, my work email is with my legal name too. That alias name of my is really an unofficial name and buried deep down🙃

Wow, I’d like to say Sophorn is qualified to work as an FBI agent. Now many of us have new hassle to deal with... 🙂

• Haha 2

"Minimum income job for 3 out of 5 years in new regional visas". Lucky all of us here were not bound to that.

• Like 3

have earned a minimum income for at least three years as the holder of a regional provisional visa

Whos gonna apply for this?

I dont know they really want to improve the regional economy or not? Extremely hard to get a Pr now for a new visa. Nobody wants to apply.

• Like 2

Just now, Vinh said:

I dont know they really want to improve the regional economy or not? Extremely hard to get a Pr now for a new visa. Nobody wants to apply.

Hopefully, Labors will boot them out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wondering if i am eligible to apply Pr (887) after these new rules?

im currently on 489 fs.

i am eligible to apply 887 in august 2020. 

5 minutes ago, indrasena said:

Wondering if i am eligible to apply Pr (887) after these new rules?

im currently on 489 fs.

i am eligible to apply 887 in august 2020. 

I think the changes will not affect you because you already have 489 visa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megrand1 said:

have earned a minimum income for at least three years as the holder of a regional provisional visa

Whos gonna apply for this?

will it will be around $53k same as 457 and 189 nz stream requirement? we are lucky we don't have to go through that 😮 even working fulltime for 1 year in regional was difficult

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, Raj-Feb'14 said:

Hi,

My file has opened today.

Asked for updated Passport due expire on May and new AFP.

Applied on 15/02/2018.

Hi,

I need advice.

How Can I update my passport and AFP in my immi account? Just attach new updated documents in attachment option? 

How do I can notify my case officer that I have attached updated documents in my immi account?

Please advise.

Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, innipat said:

CO Come to know that you have been known to different name by two ways..

1. any document you submitted in file that have different name from your passport( i.e birth certificate, driving license etc)

2. You inform them by answering question no. 4 in from 80.

Yes I agree it should be like this, but I didn’t put the alias name in any of this documents. I only sign my legal name whenever it’s required. The alias it’s more like a nickname for those who can’t prounce my legal name right(I’m from Asian, some of us could have names with unusual pronunciation ). To ease the awkward I unusually say you can call me xxxx, then CO was asking to include one particular alias in AFP. In my case how CO discovered make me feel strange. I am guessing they may have contacted my workplace, because by looking at my files only it would not.

9 hours ago, dar8 said:

will it will be around $53k same as 457 and 189 nz stream requirement? we are lucky we don't have to go through that 😮 even working fulltime for 1 year in regional was difficult

I suppose $18 an hour roughly.

Sometimes you think that it's the worst thing but the government says no and introduces something even worse 😤

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Guys, what about Russian patronymic names? Should we order AFP certificates with patronymic names?

Yes. I always use my patronymic anyway as my middle name, but some of my friends abandoned it long ago and made a mistake of not including in in AFP check. CO got back to them asking to repeat AFP to include patronymic. After all, it is in your birth certificate. 😉 🙂  So on my fiends certificate she has two lines:

Anna Lebedeva

Anna Vasilyevna Lebedeva

First one being current name and second "names known by previously"

Now am getting skeptical about my name! I have four names stringed to one! Its used with different combinations. My emails, FB account, LinkedIn, ATO, Bank dont havr my Full name (all the 4 names in them) what do I do! Getting scared. Any ideas/recommendations? 

2 hours ago, vlogo said:

Yes I agree it should be like this, but I didn’t put the alias name in any of this documents. I only sign my legal name whenever it’s required. The alias it’s more like a nickname for those who can’t prounce my legal name right(I’m from Asian, some of us could have names with unusual pronunciation ). To ease the awkward I unusually say you can call me xxxx, then CO was asking to include one particular alias in AFP. In my case how CO discovered make me feel strange. I am guessing they may have contacted my workplace, because by looking at my files only it would not.

I guess it could be in the payslip or contract of employment ,I just checked mine, payslip is fine it shows my legal name but the contract appeals the Alias name, apparently it makes sense coz I have included the Alias name in my resume, Geez! ain't it like a endless game?! I am better preparing for that. thanks for sharing this information. 

9 hours ago, Raj-Feb'14 said:

Hi,

I need advice.

How Can I update my passport and AFP in my immi account? Just attach new updated documents in attachment option? 

How do I can notify my case officer that I have attached updated documents in my immi account?

Please advise.

Thanks

Log into your immi account, got to "details" and find a menu on the left that says "update details". 🙂 It is easy. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, new member 1004 said:

not sure ,  2 vlogo on spreadsheet are same person or not.

looks, anyone with a alias name are in urgent need of new AFP 

1.png

Fixed! 😄 😄 

• Haha 1