sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

25 minutes ago, Vinh said:

Honey: they are skipping the queue now. They would go for you tomorrow haha.

Sri: Did you apply on single base or with family? Maybe they prioritise on individual applications?

Hi Vinh, it surprises me as well !

I am on 18th Feb.

Very unpredictable COs  !!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sw1 said:

I applied 23/2/2018 too but still no news on mine. 😞

Hi sw1, are you not on 887 Visa Tracker sheet ?

9 hours ago, Russki said:

Log into your immi account, got to "details" and find a menu on the left that says "update details". 🙂 It is easy. 🙂 

Hi Russki,

Big thanks for your reply. I updated my passport from the update section. but I couldn't find anything in update section to update my AFP there.

So I just attached it in the attachment section under character documents as updated AFP. Is that ok for CO? How could I notify them that I have updated my AFP as well?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, IFTI said:

Hi sw1, are you not on 887 Visa Tracker sheet ?

Think I'm not. I dare not touch the tracker sheet, could you add me in? 

2 hours ago, Honey said:

Yes @sri_887

congratulations dear 

he applied 23rd feb 2018. Guys please pray for me that I also get direct grant with in this week. 

2 hours ago, Vinh said:

Honey: they are skipping the queue now. They would go for you tomorrow haha.

Sri: Did you apply on single base or with family? Maybe they prioritise on individual applications?

Hi All,

Someone has edited in the tracker, No contact from the department, I am overseas now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Raj-Feb'14 said:

Hi Russki,

Big thanks for your reply. I updated my passport from the update section. but I couldn't find anything in update section to update my AFP there.

So I just attached it in the attachment section under character documents as updated AFP. Is that ok for CO? How could I notify them that I have updated my AFP as well?

Thanks

You've done everything correctly,  no need to do anything else, mate.  All good, they will see your new AFP!  😎😊

• Like 1

Hi All 

I have 2 doubts as follows please clarify me

1. When we change the address during our application is being processed?? When we need to update the address?? I saw in form 929 they indicated as within 14days of moving to new address we need to mention?? But in 887 home affairs website they mentioned as as soon as possible we need to update?? So which one to follow?? In case if we update the address after 1 or 2 months is there any consequences??

2. When we change the job do we need to update in immiaccount or not required  while application is being processed?? Its not clear in 887 home affairs website

14 hours ago, sw1 said:

Actually mate, I don't edit the tracker as well.

We might ask Russki to kindly add sw1 into the tracker. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

They're keep increasing the processing time of our applications. I remember people used to get it in 4-6 months time in 2017 and now it is 15-16 months. What is more worrying is that they could increase it even further and if we don't do anything about it now, we'll remain helpless like we're at the moment. Having less number of applicant doesn't mean that you don't process them. These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas.And help them settee in peacefully, is the least you could to. 

I understand few of us have tried to contact media about highlighting the issue and some have written letters to different parliamentarians etc. How about if we do a combined effort, and send letters to various communities, politicians and media houses to see if someone could help us. 

For the purpose, we could create a group where we can make and execute our plans. I may not be making a lot of sense as an individual but if we all put our thoughts to it I'm sure we could make them process our applications faster because what they're doing is not justified. 

I encourage everyone to at least give their input if not yet convinced to help. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi all, 

They're keep increasing the processing time of our applications. I remember people used to get it in 4-6 months time in 2017 and now it is 15-16 months. What is more worrying is that they could increase it even further and if we don't do anything about it now, we'll remain helpless like we're at the moment. Having less number of applicant doesn't mean that you don't process them. These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas.And help them settee in peacefully, is the least you could to. 

I understand few of us have tried to contact media about highlighting the issue and some have written letters to different parliamentarians etc. How about if we do a combined effort, and send letters to various communities, politicians and media houses to see if someone could help us. 

For the purpose, we could create a group where we can make and execute our plans. I may not be making a lot of sense as an individual but if we all put our thoughts to it I'm sure we could make them process our applications faster because what they're doing is not justified. 

I encourage everyone to at least give their input if not yet convinced to help. 

"These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas". Yeah mate, I spent all my savings to start a new life on regional area, I am civil engineer and work for 28 fucking dollars an hour and the time of my job interview I was competing with 32 more candidates LOL. Regional Area sucks, low salary and high rent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hi All 

1. When we change the address during our application is being processed?? When we need to update the address?? I saw in form 929 they indicated as within 14days of moving to new address we need to mention?? But in 887 home affairs website they mentioned as as soon as possible we need to update?? So which one to follow?? In case if we update the address after 1 or 2 months is there any consequences??

2. When we change the job do we need to update in immiaccount or not required while application is being processed?? Its not clear in 887 home affairs website is there any timeline to update the job change??

hi All, 

Can you please show me how to update new Passport, new Job contract and Living place( as I moved from VIC to SA)? Do I need to update From 80? or I just need to attached more evidences of documents? 

Thanks for reading and helping

5 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi All 

2. When we change the job do we need to update in immiaccount or not required while application is being processed?? Its not clear in 887 home affairs website is there any timeline to update the job change??

Hi

1. Its good to update address as soon we move, but it's ok if you update later. They must have knowledge of your current address.

2. Not sure if we have to update about the new job. if you have already full filled one-year job requirement document. They will verify previous employment.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi All 

Applicant would  already completed the work requirement of 489 visa before applying for 887. This means that it will not have any impact on the decision of your application and thus I don't think it is important to inform them about your new job. 

• Thanks 1

Dont trust this government anymore. Just wait until visa 489 to be expired to do what we want on bridging visa.

13 minutes ago, Vinh said:

Dont trust this government anymore. Just wait until visa 489 to be expired to do what we want on bridging visa.

I have 2 years before the expiration date and don't permit is to abandon our current visas. Sad

• Sad 1

We call it regional trap. The new visa coming on Nov sets for 3y but they would force people to stay up to 5y.

• Like 3

When you’re on bridging visa A with no conditions, are you allowed to move anywhere? Has anyone done this and eventually got their PR with no issues? 

• Like 1

Guys, when having a close look at my documents, i see that my name is minced and used, with all possible combinations and permutations. Can a statutory declaration mentioning all these names are me do? I turned a blind eye at that time. Can anyone please suggest what should i do convince a co who will pick up file? 

20 hours ago, Jean said:

My child born overseas, he has done medical for 489. So I thought case officer won’t ask it again,  unfortunately I have to do again. CO issued hap ID for my child.you have to register online with Bupa, then call them for appointment and fill out e-referral ( you will get that link along with bupa appointment conformation email). 

For medical you need,

Hap ID, E-referral and passport

Hi thanks for your information. My dougthr is 8 and my boy is 6.  Do you think that I can creat hap ID with myself or I need to call CO or maybe Bupa

18 hours ago, sw1 said:

Hi guys , 

could you please add me on the tracker sheet , I have applied 2.Jun .2018

6 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Just moving along...see the timeline 🙂

What is it Now? In my account it still shows 15 to 16 months!