887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello guys, I am new in this forum. I would like to ask some questions in relation to 887 visa.

I got 489 bridging visa on 18th April 2017 so am I eligible to apply 887 on 25th April 2019( TR visa expired on 25th April 2017).As  I am nearly there to meet 2 years living in regional area. Do I have count two years from the date of bridging visa or 489 visa? I’m really confused. Hope you share your experiences. Thanks a lot. 

• Confused 1

Hello guys, I am new in this forum. I would like to ask some questions in relation to 887 visa.
I got 489 bridging visa on 18th April 2017 so am I eligible to apply 887 on 25th April 2019( TR visa expired on 25th April 2017).As  I am nearly there to meet 2 years living in regional area. Do I have count two years from the date of bridging visa or 489 visa? I’m really confused. Hope you share your experiences. Thanks a lot. 
2 years start from 489 approval not from bridging visa. I hope it will be helpful.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All
Got my PR this morning. Timeline,

1) Applied - 05-02-2018

2) First CO (Adam) contact - 12/10/2018 and asked for
a) Form 1399 - for both wife and myself - PROVIDED
b) English language ability - Had submitted the transcript and degree certificate. But asked again. provided Statutory declaration along with the academic transcript and degree certificate.
c) Immigration health examination for my 8-year-old daughter - PROVIDED

3) AFP Clearance was expired by 16/03/2019 for both me and my wife. Renewed and uploaded after the expiry

4) Grant - 11/04/2019 - CO -Sophorn

Followed the forum and was useful. If anyone needs any specific info, I am happy to share my experience.
Congratulations o

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, agk said:

Hi 

is anybody out there applied 887 after a 489 family sponsered?. Is anybody been asked for bank statements (489 family sponsored)?. And do you guys think, I need to upload bank statement if i can live anywhere in Victoria???

I have uploaded Bank statements as evidence of my salary paid matches with the  salary slip and also the rental evidence. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nkc said:

Migration regulation - instrument for 887 eligibility criteria says following - file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/F2013C00062VOL05 (6).pdf

The applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years as the holder of 1 or more of the following visas:

(a) a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa;

(b) a Skilled — Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa;

(c) a Subclass 475 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa;

(d) a Subclass 487 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa;

(e) a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

(f) a Bridging A (Class WA) visa, or a Bridging B (Class WB) visa, that was granted on the basis of a valid application for: (i) a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or (ii) a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa; or (iii) a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa.

887.213 The applicant must have worked full-time in a specified regional area for a total of at least 1 year as the holder of 1 or more of the visas mentioned in clause 887.212.

if your bridging visa was one of above in (f) 489 belongs to (e)  i think the duration you spent on the bridging visa from the day it came into effect counts 

4 hours ago, Salman khan said:

I already applied and is that correct that i have been working within own business as a manager and draw wages every fortnightly  at the rate of 21 dollars and 76 hours fortnightly and me and my wife both are directors as she signed my employment contract as a director and me signed as a employee is it correct??

Working your own business seems you are self-employed.

An employment contract signed by yourselves (as directors/employee) is a self-serving statement I believe and probably inadmissible evidence, mate.

Have a look and collect competent, relevant documentary evidence that can be witnessed, proved and supported by other people (such as ATO, public accountants, insurers, suppliers, buyers, contracting parties, third parties, Superannuation providers, professional or other government bodies, etc).

Proof.png

• Thanks 1

Hi all, 

I see some applicants were asked to supply AFP with aliases , I also use nick name, and My Immi account name, and email also has my nick name  .

I just applied new AFP in last month,   So I want to apply a new AFP with aliases,  but I don't know how to fill application form correctly.

I attached 2 screenshots of application. I need to fill all of them, or just one of them.

thanks 

b.JPG

A.JPG

14 hours ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi all, 

I see some applicants were asked to supply AFP with aliases , I also use nick name, and My Immi account name, and email also has my nick name  .

I just applied new AFP in last month,   So I want to apply a new AFP with aliases,  but I don't know how to fill application form correctly.

I attached 2 screenshots of application. I need to fill all of them, or just one of them.

thanks 

I was one among those asked to supply AFP with an Alias.

Originally I included my mom's birth name as Other Given / Middle Name; now they requested me to exclude or leave the name out.

For example: from Joseph Francis Vaccaro Tribbiani to Joseph Francis Tribbiani (Vaccaro excluded)

Uploaded below are images on how I filled up a new AFP application, as requested and the end result or my copy of National Police Certificate.

2.1 Applicant Details.JPG

5.2 Other Names.JPG

Sample.png

Edited by 02 Feb 18
Added a sample of AFP with an Alias
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Salman khan said:

I have my individual tax return which mention my salary and employment with my company and since  i have a company setup so i filed separate tax returns.. i ask one of migration agent he said with company setup then u need to show payslips, individual tax return , super statement , group certificate and bank statement where there salary credited.

if you and wife are the owner/director of the business , in my opinion the docs you mentioned above will hold less credibility because even the tax statement , salary slips , salary deposited , employment contract will be docs created by your business ( you/ wife) to yourself so the hours etc can be easily altered or fabricated   ,therefore you will need more third party evidence to prove that you are a full time business operator rather than an employee of your own business , maybe lease agreements with the shopping center in your name , a letter from the shopping centre manager saying that you are operating the business over there and your operating hours , lease payments to the centre for business location  ,  company registration , gst / business activity statements documents from the accountant that handle financials of your business , bank loan docs and repayment statements which you took to set up the business , letters or agreements from your suppliers , letters from  neighbor shops whom see you on daily basis etc will help,  you'll have to prove that the business you operate is genuine and not just set up to generate above docs for the purpose of getting the visa , i don't think simply saying that you are an employee of your own business will be sufficient or it will create a lot of doubts for the co , so gather as much as possible evidence from third parties and provide them as you are a full time owner operator of the business , ithink it's best to consult an experienced lawyer in self employment related visa cases because the evidence will be much tougher than what you have mentioned when you are providing evidence from your own business 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

I was one among those asked to supply AFP with an Alias.

Originally I included my mom's birth name as Other Given / Middle Name; now they requested me to exclude or leave the name out.

For example: from Joseph Francis Vaccaro Tribbiani to Joseph Francis Tribbiani (Vaccaro excluded)

Uploaded below are images on how I filled up a new AFP application, as requested and the end result or my copy of National Police Certificate.

2.1 Applicant Details.JPG

5.2 Other Names.JPG

Sample.png

Hi Joseph,

Thanks very much, So I should leave 2.1 (the first picture) Other Given / Middle Name blank, and fill 5.2 (the second picture) Other Given / Middle Name with my nickname Joshua.

Is that correct? 

3 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Hello, Can someone guide me how someone can show uber eats work for 887. And, also guide about uber X. How someone can claim uber eats and uber x work?

You need weekly statement which must have hours written, car rego on which you drive uber, driving licence, your uber account confimation letter from uber, bankstatement shows salary deposits, GST and tax documents. Hope you get that.

2 hours ago, Abdul said:

You need weekly statement which must have hours written, car rego on which you drive uber, driving licence, your uber account confimation letter from uber, bankstatement shows salary deposits, GST and tax documents. Hope you get that.

Hi how is it possible for someone to drive Uber just in regional area all the Time without leaving the suburb ? 

10 hours ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi Joseph,

Thanks very much, So I should leave 2.1 (the first picture) Other Given / Middle Name blank, and fill 5.2 (the second picture) Other Given / Middle Name with my nickname Joshua.

Is that correct? 

Hi Joshua

In 2.1 Applicant Details, if you leave out "Joshua" in Other Given / Middle Name, your AFP clearance will be printed -

FAMILY NAME, FirstGivenName

When you fill "Joshua" in 5.2 Other Names in Other Given / Middle Name, your AFP clearance will be printed -

FAMILY NAME, FirstGivenName Joshua

I hope I've answered your question right.

• Thanks 2