Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Kmonga09 said:

You have to give exam again or show overseas degree 

Hi,

may I ask you which type of degree or study acceptable in stead of ielts?

thansk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Honey said:

its was PTE with 6 each for my husband during 489

How much score actually we need in ielts for secondary applicant?

Ta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

may I ask you which type of degree or study acceptable in stead of ielts?

thansk

Hardly recommend never give degree or study certificates 

only Ielts or PTE 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

may I ask you which type of degree or study acceptable in stead of ielts?

thansk

You can either upload a certificate from your college/university stating that you passed your degree in English or anything like IELTS and PTE is good. I dont remember the exact band you can check that in the requirements for 887

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SINGH G said:

Hardly recommend never give degree or study certificates 

only Ielts or PTE 

well if u have completed at least 1 year full time in Australia  ( certficate 4 ,diploma or advance diploma) u dont need ietls or pte i am 100 percant sure 😄 😄 . co are like us look at check list so its our responsilbe that we meet all those checklist . MOSTLY DONT FORGET NEW afp even though its 6-7 month old ,ur RESUME,FORM 1221 .GUYS DONT LEAVE ANY CHANCE FOR CO TO OPEN UR FILE AGAIN N AGAIN .THANKS Happy easter

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dee said:

You can either upload a certificate from your college/university stating that you passed your degree in English or anything like IELTS and PTE is good. I dont remember the exact band you can check that in the requirements for 887

The requirement are 4.5 each

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ekam said:

How much score actually we need in ielts for secondary applicant?

Ta

Its 4.5 bands in IELTS to Functional english. And the previous one that you gave is expired as it is only valid for 2 years. So you have to provide a new one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Its 4.5 bands in IELTS to Functional english. And the previous one that you gave is expired as it is only valid for 2 years. So you have to provide a new one.

Just clicked after reading the post. Mine was expired already.

its 4.5 each or 4.5 over all bit confused??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ekam said:

Just clicked after reading the post. Mine was expired already.

its 4.5 each or 4.5 over all bit confused??

In case you are a primary applicant for 887 then you don't need to provide any proof of English; the requirement would be for dependent who are 18 years old or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Honey said:

its was PTE with 6 each for my husband during 489

hi Honey, May I ask who is main applicant in your 887 application? 

if your husband is defendant and his English test is expired, then he needs to redo it . 

i dont he need 6 each points, just 4.5 for IELTS, i believe. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dee said:

In case you are a primary applicant for 887 then you don't need to provide any proof of English; the requirement would be for dependent who are 18 years old or more.

I am secondary applicant that is why I am asking.

thanks for reply 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ekam said:

I am secondary applicant that is why I am asking.

thanks for reply 

 

image.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, B33l said:

 

image.png

Thank you so much for this! Could you tell me where is this from? I have been trying to find the source mentions 3 years validation period but just couldn't find it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tue Apr 16 2019 at 1:52 PM, Vinh said:

We should write complain letter like that and send to them.

I have sent suggestion to them and got a feedback today.At least we are doing something, let them know how bad consequence may be if this processing delays continues.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeIAm said:

hi Honey, May I ask who is main applicant in your 887 application? 

if your husband is defendant and his English test is expired, then he needs to redo it . 

i dont he need 6 each points, just 4.5 for IELTS, i believe. 

 

Yes dear it expired so he asked again. Bad luck. Though he gave read when he apply 489 subsequent entrant 😊

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honey said:

Guys My file got open today they asked for my husband Evidence of functional English

But he already give when he came here. Why they asked again ?

CO Nicci

Hi Honey

If your husband is a Dependent then you must provide Functional English Proof 

It can be Degree Certificate and Letter from the University indicating he studied in English or If not in case your providing IELTS It must be taken within last 12 months of your application date and must be overall 4.5 band because Dependent English score is only valid for 12 months 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use