887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

may I ask you which type of degree or study acceptable in stead of ielts?

thansk

You can either upload a certificate from your college/university stating that you passed your degree in English or anything like IELTS and PTE is good. I dont remember the exact band you can check that in the requirements for 887

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SINGH G said:

Hardly recommend never give degree or study certificates 

only Ielts or PTE 

well if u have completed at least 1 year full time in Australia  ( certficate 4 ,diploma or advance diploma) u dont need ietls or pte i am 100 percant sure 😄 😄 . co are like us look at check list so its our responsilbe that we meet all those checklist . MOSTLY DONT FORGET NEW afp even though its 6-7 month old ,ur RESUME,FORM 1221 .GUYS DONT LEAVE ANY CHANCE FOR CO TO OPEN UR FILE AGAIN N AGAIN .THANKS Happy easter

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dee said:

You can either upload a certificate from your college/university stating that you passed your degree in English or anything like IELTS and PTE is good. I dont remember the exact band you can check that in the requirements for 887

The requirement are 4.5 each

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Its 4.5 bands in IELTS to Functional english. And the previous one that you gave is expired as it is only valid for 2 years. So you have to provide a new one.

Just clicked after reading the post. Mine was expired already.

its 4.5 each or 4.5 over all bit confused??

Just now, Ekam said:

Just clicked after reading the post. Mine was expired already.

its 4.5 each or 4.5 over all bit confused??

In case you are a primary applicant for 887 then you don't need to provide any proof of English; the requirement would be for dependent who are 18 years old or more.

40 minutes ago, Honey said:

its was PTE with 6 each for my husband during 489

hi Honey, May I ask who is main applicant in your 887 application? 

if your husband is defendant and his English test is expired, then he needs to redo it . 

i dont he need 6 each points, just 4.5 for IELTS, i believe. 

5 minutes ago, Dee said:

In case you are a primary applicant for 887 then you don't need to provide any proof of English; the requirement would be for dependent who are 18 years old or more.

I am secondary applicant that is why I am asking.

thanks for reply 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeIAm said:

hi Honey, May I ask who is main applicant in your 887 application? 

if your husband is defendant and his English test is expired, then he needs to redo it . 

i dont he need 6 each points, just 4.5 for IELTS, i believe. 

Yes dear it expired so he asked again. Bad luck. Though he gave read when he apply 489 subsequent entrant 😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Honey said:

Guys My file got open today they asked for my husband Evidence of functional English

But he already give when he came here. Why they asked again ?

CO Nicci

Hi Honey

If your husband is a Dependent then you must provide Functional English Proof 

It can be Degree Certificate and Letter from the University indicating he studied in English or If not in case your providing IELTS It must be taken within last 12 months of your application date and must be overall 4.5 band because Dependent English score is only valid for 12 months