sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

On 4/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, Ashi said:

Hello All,

Could anyone guide me link from where I can renew passport of my son. Its getting expired in Dec-19 and I have to apply for 887 in July.

Please help....

13 hours ago, Russki said:

Yes, your wife needs a "fresh" evidence of English ability. 🙂 

My wife's PTE taken on August 2017. it was just 10 months old when we applied 887 on June 29, 2018. As per her PTE scorecard, the score will expire on August 2019...So, do you think she needs to take the English exam again, OR it doesn't matter as the score was valid at the time of application?!.. Thanks

9 hours ago, Aus2019 said:

I don't think that's correct. You can have overall band 4.5 . Pls someone confirm

Hi I just check with migration agent they said overall 4.5. I already check that link which you mentioned but still confuse coz if you check the PTE score which clearly mentioned the overall 4.5 but in ielts section it says average that’s bit of confusion but anyways thanks very much 

7 hours ago, Jose said:

My wife's PTE taken on August 2017. it was just 10 months old when we applied 887 on June 29, 2018. As per her PTE scorecard, the score will expire on August 2019...So, do you think she needs to take the English exam again, OR it doesn't matter as the score was valid at the time of application?!.. Thanks

Hi Jose if you get grant before August 2019 then its fine.

If After Aug 2019 she have to reappear for PTE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Liveyourlife said:

Hi I just check with migration agent they said overall 4.5. I already check that link which you mentioned but still confuse coz if you check the PTE score which clearly mentioned the overall 4.5 but in ielts section it says average that’s bit of confusion but anyways thanks very much 

Go for PTE and its too easy to score average 4.5. 

18 hours ago, Bhavishya said:

Congratulations...

Thanks Bhavishya , Welcome to group

My friend got his 190 yesterday and he applied December last year, for just 5 months. I don’t understand why 887 processing time is 17 months (triple!) while our visas should be the most straightforward one to approve, just 52 weeks full time payslips and 2 years lease and bank statements... lets see if things change today and we need some grants

• Like 2

It is now 10 months since we applied for 887 visa on July 29th 2018.

Anyone else in similar situation and how long do we have to wait the processing time has gone up from 12 to 14 months to 16 to 17 months 

1 hour ago, Liveyourlife said:

Average and overall means the same thing, you don't need a minimum of 4.5 band for each component.

'To prove that you have functional English you must provide evidence of one of the following: ... An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result of an average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing.

7 hours ago, Jose said:

It will be fine, as long as it is not more than a year old at the time of application, she will not need to prove Functional English again if the Department takes an extended period to grant the 887. Only the AFP may need to be provided again if more than a year old when nearing the grant date

• Thanks 1

At last got my 887 granted. 

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

I have fulfilled the minimum requirement only for work requirement ie., one year fulltime. But recommended not to take chance.Also,never changed parent  name in the application. Previous comment English ability for spouse( attached letter from university that the medium of instruction was English). 

CO Nicci.

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

I have fulfilled the minimum requirement only for work requirement ie., one year fulltime. But recommended not to take chance.Also,never changed parent  name in the application. Previous comment English ability for spouse( attached letter from university that the medium of instruction was English). 

CO Nicci.

Congrats mate 

Why are they still fooling around with Feb? ;(((

• Haha 2

Good morning everyone.

Me and my husband have already submitted our IELTS scores when we applied for 489 visa , and with the 887 application i have submitted my husband's english ability certificate from university and the 2years full time work experience in Australia . Will we be asked to take the IELTS/PTE  exam again?

Thanks

41 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

CO Nicci.

Congrats mate!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:
Average and overall means the same thing, you don't need a minimum of 4.5 band for each component.

'To prove that you have functional English you must provide evidence of one of the following: ... An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result of an average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing.

Thanks that’s why I thought anyways all clear just need overall 4.5. Thanks everyone 

1 hour ago, Ivy 12 said:

Go for PTE and its too easy to score average 4.5. 

Thanks but wife she is really not that good in computer skill that’s why I chose ielts paper based exam. Thanks for the suggestion 

57 minutes ago, sajitha said:

Good morning everyone.

Me and my husband have already submitted our IELTS scores when we applied for 489 visa , and with the 887 application i have submitted my husband's english ability certificate from university and the 2years full time work experience in Australia . Will we be asked to take the IELTS/PTE  exam again?

Thanks

I feel no need if you attached letter from university.

2 hours ago, RANJU said:

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

CO Nicci.

Congratulations @RANJU🎉🎉🎉 happy news! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RANJU said:

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

CO Nicci.

congrats

2 hours ago, RANJU said:

Applied -26-Feb-2018

Granted-07-May-2019

CO Nicci.

Congratulations