887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi folks, its a bit cliche but i have been a silent follower of this post 🙂

I’ve got my GRANT today at 4pm by case officer Nicci 🥳 (applied on 13th Mar 2018).

You can’t imagine how much I appreciate you guys throughout this painful journey of waiting. Your advice and support have made my milestone come true. 

And I’m sure anyone here who is still waiting will receive their golden email in due time. Good luck to all of those.

We are an amazing 887 community.

Cheers!!!

• Like 18

Hi folks, its a bit cliche but i have been a silent follower of this post [emoji846]
I’ve got my GRANT today at 4pm by case officer Nicci [emoji3060] (applied on 13th Mar 2018).
You can’t imagine how much I appreciate you guys throughout this painful journey of waiting. Your advice and support have made my milestone come true. 
And I’m sure anyone here who is still waiting will receive their golden email in due time. Good luck to all of those.
Cheers!!!

Thank you for your post! Congratulations and enjoy your new life ;)

3 minutes ago, Dawson said:

I’ve got my GRANT today at 4pm by case officer Nicci 🥳 (applied on 13th Mar 2018).

Cheers!!!

Congrats Dawson! Have you submitted certified documents?

2 minutes ago, Dawson said:

Cheers!!!

That’s great news guys, You can relax now.

Big congratulations 🥳

Can I ask did you submit an up to date police clearance after yours had done its 12 months? 

And did you have to certify everything? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharky0903 said:

My little daughter was born on April 11. We’ve got her birth certificate already and are applying for her passport tomorrow. As March 9 applicants, we haven’t been contacted by co yet... Maybe COs have got the information already. 

I am going to inform them once we get the passport which will take around one week. I didn’t tell the immi department the minute my little daughter was born because my eldest daughter is still in China and cannot come right away, so I know there is no possibility to get pr directly then I have some buffer time.

Yes, they come to know from medicare i think, i applied 25.02.2018 and we expecting baby in couple of weeks still not contacted by immigration.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dawson said:

Hi Doman and Katie,

I only submitted certified copies for my residency evidence (ie: rental contracts) but not for my work evidence (ie: since my employment is very clear).

Yes, I did renew my AFP.

Cheers! 

Thank you Dawson. 👍

1 hour ago, Dawson said:

Cheers!!!

Congratulations!!! 🤗🎉🎉 Great grant news for today!!! 

4 hours ago, Russki said:

Guys, I was contacted by immigration today. CO Sophorn asked me to submit a new AFP, because apparently my old one has expired. Well, this is not true, I attached updated AFP in February 2019 in my immiaccount. AFP dated 31 January 2019.

I called immigration and asked for explanation. Was put on hold for 40 minutes. After hold they told me to just attach this AFP again, because there must have been a system glitch and the CO did not see it.

ARE THEY FOR REAL???????? 😞 Guys, honestly, there are no words to describe my frustration right now. To add insult to injury, when I told the girl on the phone that I have been waiting 20 months already, she said: "Oh, we are not concerned about 20 months wait, it's nothing, we would only act on your case only if it was double that time"... 

That's not fair...

3 hours ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

For Christ' sake comrade @Russki please re-submit AFP, asap.

We both know they're playing idiots and a**holes... sometimes.

You are not alone... most of us here (your secret admirers) are also waiting for your much deserved PR grant.

I have a feeling it won't be long. 

🙂

Did you spent more than 6 months in your home country after you lodged your 887 visa application ?

I heard before that you took a long sweet holiday in your home country (Philippine)

1 minute ago, 11Dec2015 said:

Did you spent more than 6 months in your home country after you lodge your 887 visa application ?

I heard before that you took a long sweet holiday in your home country (Philippine) before

Yes dear you are right

I went home for 6 months after lodging 887 visa application, plus 2 more months afterwards for Christmas.

It was sweet beyond compare 

5 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

My little daughter was born on April 11. We’ve got her birth certificate already and are applying for her passport tomorrow. As March 9 applicants, we haven’t been contacted by co yet... Maybe COs have got the information already. 

I am going to inform them once we get the passport which will take around one week. I didn’t tell the immi department the minute my little daughter was born because my eldest daughter is still in China and cannot come right away, so I know there is no possibility to get pr directly then I have some buffer time.

Hi SHARKY,

Can I PM you ?

7 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello my 887 visa applicants. 

I clearly don’t understand why people are so frustrated about the processing times. The immigration has made it very clear that it WILL take 12-15 months to process the 887 visa application. Although it is showing 16-17 months on the immi website. If people aren’t aware of the new regional visa 491, please google it. The requirement for that is the applicant musta stay in regional area for 3 years before he can make an application for PR. The immigration is clearly trying to imply this on 887 visa applicants to make us stay in regional areas for about 3 years. And they succeeded by increasing the processing times. A year wait will lead to bright future for rest of our lives in this beautiful country. 

If someone is planning to buy a house, and waiting for 887 visa, hey, why don’t you guys keep on saving a bit more and you you can save not paying LMI. 

If if someone is waiting to move to bigger cities for job opportunities, hey, why don’t you guys keep continuing your current job and keep shortlisting the companies you wanna apply for and also compare the cost of living in each METRO cities

If someone is waiting to get married? Hey, just get your partner in visitor visa and enjoy till you get the grant. 

Just enjoy in this beautiful country as long as we are staying legally as there are many people awaiting for the invitation to apply permanent visa and we are waiting for the grant of permanent visa. 

Totally Can not understand you, are you deliberate sarcastic us? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Russki said:

Guys, I was contacted by immigration today. CO Sophorn asked me to submit a new AFP, because apparently my old one has expired. Well, this is not true, I attached updated AFP in February 2019 in my immiaccount. AFP dated 31 January 2019.

I called immigration and asked for explanation. Was put on hold for 40 minutes. After hold they told me to just attach this AFP again, because there must have been a system glitch and the CO did not see it.

ARE THEY FOR REAL???????? 😞 Guys, honestly, there are no words to describe my frustration right now. To add insult to injury, when I told the girl on the phone that I have been waiting 20 months already, she said: "Oh, we are not concerned about 20 months wait, it's nothing, we would only act on your case only if it was double that time"... 

@Russki hopefully the next grant we will hear will be yours. Your patience amazes me every time.fingers and toes crossed for your grant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

My post didn’t go well with you people. I think most of the 887 visa applicants are couple or have family. I live close to the Sydney. I’m single. I enjoy every weekend with the local girls. So I haven’t got that much stressed as you people are experiencing . Life is different for each one them. I don’t mind waiting for my 887 visa. Love you all . Peace .

enjoy your life, but please remember to update the new AFP in time; please don't add to the waiting time..😄😄😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

It's your turn @Russki, I have feeling that you gonna have the good news this May~ Promise don't leave us once you get grant:)

Thank you everyone, I will try not to block the queue for much longer! 😉 And promise not to skip away into the sunset with my grant on the same day! 😄 😄 🤗

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Hello friends

let me start the day with good news.

yes we just got our golden mail today at 9:40am.

Direct Grant 887 after 14months and 15days

Co Michel 

Applied 25.02.2018

thank you all of you for support and guidance.

Russki you are legend mate, salute your passion and positive attitude.

resubmitted AFP/PCC after one year

thank you 

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, innipat said:

Hello friends

Co Michel 

Applied 25.02.2018

thank you 

Congratulations and now you can enjoy your parenthood journey happily as well.. Enjoy 💐

• Like 1

Hello friends
Co Michel 
Applied 25.02.2018
thank you 

Fantastic news. Congratulations, I expect to see heaps more grants today :)
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, innipat said:

Hello friends

Co Michel 

Applied 25.02.2018

thank you 

Congratulations mate. Just one question. Did you submit  all certified copies. Including payslips, bank statements, payg etc. thanks 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, innipat said:

Hello friends

Co Michel 

Applied 25.02.2018

thank you 

Congrats 🎉🎉🎊🎊

• Like 1