887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hey guys 

just few statistics updates

6 million visitor visas were granted in 2018. 200,000 student visas. However, when it comes to skilled visas to grant for the applicants who have applied onshore be it 887,187 or 186 visa, they take ages. All the aforementioned subclasses can only be applied if an applicant me Australia work requirement unlike 189 and 190. To check the documents which are submitted from Australia, they take years. Current system is total crap. Hope the labor government wins the federal election which is due in a week and clear all the backlogs. For Christ sake just employ more COs. They charge $7000 for partner visas. If 100 people apply, $700,000. Which is equivalent 100 more COs getting the job a year. Only Peter Dutton knows what he has done. 

Just my thoughts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Russki said:

Guys, I was contacted by immigration today. CO Sophorn asked me to submit a new AFP, because apparently my old one has expired. Well, this is not true, I attached updated AFP in February 2019 in my immiaccount. AFP dated 31 January 2019.

I called immigration and asked for explanation. Was put on hold for 40 minutes. After hold they told me to just attach this AFP again, because there must have been a system glitch and the CO did not see it.

ARE THEY FOR REAL???????? 😞 Guys, honestly, there are no words to describe my frustration right now. To add insult to injury, when I told the girl on the phone that I have been waiting 20 months already, she said: "Oh, we are not concerned about 20 months wait, it's nothing, we would only act on your case only if it was double that time"... 

Hey @Russki..I', glad to see that you've been contacted by CO again. When I was waiting for my husband's 489 SEQ to be granted to apply for 887 onshore, CO Sophorn had asked for the same documents that were submitted at the time of lodging the visa application after 1 week, 2 months and 5 months. I ended up resubmitting the same document over and over and sending them emails of the same...I did mention in every email that the requested documents had been submitted along the the dates and number of times submitted already and made sure to attach the documents in the email as well. Do not know if it helps at all.. Alas..!! the visa was granted just 10 days before my 489 was about to expire...!!( different CO)

So, I personally feel that CO do not probably go through all the documents when the file is being re-assessed..my prayers go with you for your visa grant....Cheers mate..!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bhavishya said:

Hey @Russki..I', glad to see that you've been contacted by CO again. When I was waiting for my husband's 489 SEQ to be granted to apply for 887 onshore, CO Sophorn had asked for the same documents that were submitted at the time of lodging the visa application after 1 week, 2 months and 5 months. I ended up resubmitting the same document over and over and sending them emails of the same...I did mention in every email that the requested documents had been submitted along the the dates and number of times submitted already and made sure to attach the documents in the email as well. Do not know if it helps at all.. Alas..!! the visa was granted just 10 days before my 489 was about to expire...!!( different CO)

So, I personally feel that CO do not probably go through all the documents when the file is being re-assessed..my prayers go with you for your visa grant....Cheers mate..!!

OMG, sorry to hear this. 😞  This is terrible. Crazy, why all of us have some sort of standard to quality of work at our work places and these people in the immigration can get away with murder?! 😞 

I will call them on Monday again. Will try to get to the bottom of it. 😉 Thank you for sharing this... 

• Sad 1

Hi, want to  share some grant information from an Agency's data

1. lodge on 15/02/2018, Grant on 03/05/2019

2. lodge on 28/02/2018, Grant on 30/04/2019

3. lodge on 02/02/2018. Grant on 30/04/2019

4. lodge on 26/02/2018, Grant on 30/04/2019

5. lodge on 25/02/2018, Grant on 29/04/2019

6. lodge on 25/02/2018, Grant on 10/05/2019

7. lodge on 13/03/2018. Grant on 09/05/2019

8. lodge on 26/02/26, Grant on 07/05/2019

9. lodge on 20/03/2018, Grant on 07/05/2019

• Like 7

1 hour ago, June said:

Hi, want to  share some grant information from an Agency's data

1. lodge on 15/02/2018, Grant on 03/05/2019

2. lodge on 28/02/2018, Grant on 30/04/2019

3. lodge on 02/02/2018. Grant on 30/04/2019

4. lodge on 26/02/2018, Grant on 30/04/2019

5. lodge on 25/02/2018, Grant on 29/04/2019

6. lodge on 25/02/2018, Grant on 10/05/2019

7. lodge on 13/03/2018. Grant on 09/05/2019

8. lodge on 26/02/26, Grant on 07/05/2019

9. lodge on 20/03/2018, Grant on 07/05/2019

Thanks @June!! Would you like me to add this to our tracker?  😎😎

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, March9th2019 said:

Hey guys 

just few statistics updates

6 million visitor visas were granted in 2018. 200,000 student visas. However, when it comes to skilled visas to grant for the applicants who have applied onshore be it 887,187 or 186 visa, they take ages. All the aforementioned subclasses can only be applied if an applicant me Australia work requirement unlike 189 and 190. To check the documents which are submitted from Australia, they take years. Current system is total crap. Hope the labor government wins the federal election which is due in a week and clear all the backlogs. For Christ sake just employ more COs. They charge $7000 for partner visas. If 100 people apply, $700,000. Which is equivalent 100 more COs getting the job a year. Only Peter Dutton knows what he has done. 

Just my thoughts

I think the visa allocation is much more complicated than simply being hiring more COs to process applications faster. The government sets yearly intake targets, then its distributed among different visa subclasses. They also have to take into account who will or who will not be entitle to Medicare/Centrelink, and how much stress those services is going to come under if PRs are granted. 

Honestly, whatever their visa allocation process can remain as-is, all they have to do is start calculating the processing time cleverly and stop fluctuating time. For example, if they tell me 6-8 months at lodging, they should stand true to their words to process my application during the said period. Everyone will be just happy.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Just do it... said:

Good morning guys, with grace of God finally got pr for family. Applied 24/03/18

Granted on 11/05/19 but agent send me emails today. Thanks 

What a wonderful news in the morning to start the week. Thanks mate.

Congratulations....

15 minutes ago, Just do it... said:

Good morning guys, with grace of God finally got pr for family. Applied 24/03/18

Many Congratulations.❤️

Queue move to 24 March.

Guess maybe this week the queue will move to April.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raed said:

Good morning mates:

Just for the sake of curiosity, any idea on what happens first, receiving an email from the department for the grants, or having the application status changed to "Finalized"?

Hi Raed,

I don’t think it matters which one comes first because either makes you relieved. And if your case is finalized, you can find your grant letter in your immi account. Email is just the secondary way.

Really hope to see your grant ASAP cause your case is typical. I mean moving to big city on bridging visa.

All the best!

2 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi Raed,

I don’t think it matters which one comes first because either makes you relieved. And if your case is finalized, you can find your grant letter in your immi account. Email is just the secondary way.

Really hope to see your grant ASAP cause your case is typical. I mean moving to big city on bridging visa.

All the best!

Thank you mate!!!, really appreciated🙏 

57 minutes ago, Just do it... said:

Congratulations!!!! 🙂 Must be such a relief! 🎉🎉 Happy Monday news!

So they carry on working on Saturdays, as before, nice! 😉 

• Like 2

Did you guys submit certified bank statement, I am having trouble certifying them. ANZ can’t filter the statement to only showing salary and they can’t certified 200 pages. Can we just submit the electronic copy? Any one with grant certify their bank statements?