sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

2 hours ago, rahi_verma88 said:

Anybody could throw light and knowledge about stamp duty refund if we are buying residential land or house?

how does that work?

When you buy a house or land you will need to pay an extra 7% in stamp duty to Revenue SA, and this is only refundable if you get your Pr visa within one year of paying the stamp duty. The best thing to do is ask for an extra long settlement with the vendor as this is when its paid. In our case we are building a house, so we purchased the land in May last year (when the PR approval time was 8-10 months!), and thankfully we got our PR with just 10 days to spare! So we get our 7% money back, we also had to pay $5,500 FIRB which is non refundable. Peter at Revenue SA is really helpful and happy to answer any questions we had along the way! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dee said:

Apparently yes please see appended (attaching communication) for @CChapman

Hi all,

Our PR visa got approved yesterday! Applied 13/4/18,  approved 14/5/19.

Just a note for anyone wanting to know about documents: I re-applied for our AFP’s in March and uploaded them to make sure our documents were in line for a direct grant 😄 CO Nikki

I did send several emails to immigration and made a call last week as we were on a strict deadline to get our visa approved before the 7% foreign investment stampduty would be non-returnable. This may or may not have helped our case- either way I hope you all get your visas approved soon so you can enjoy this beautiful country! 

Congrats 

our AFP and Overseas PCC were expired on April 2019 and I have not renew them as it was valid when we have applied and we didn’t leave the country 

knowing that we have applied on May 2018

Thanks 

Come on CO! No contact during this week for people who applied before Feb2018 !!! You can do better!!! Don't forget the old backlog!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Roughly anyone knows , how long will it take after submitting PCC ? 

36 minutes ago, MCPBLBC said:

Come on CO! No contact during this week for people who applied before Feb2018 !!! You can do better!!! Don't forget the old backlog!!!!

Same feeling here we the forgotten crew applied Jan 2018 no contact whatsoever 

• Sad 3

Same feeling here we the forgotten crew applied Jan 2018 no contact whatsoever 
Did you call? Complaint? Or submit feedback to them?
Any response you have received ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like anything is happening today for anyone... No one posted a request or a grant notification yet 😞

7 minutes ago, Vinh said:

I wanna see some silent followers ;))

they are on the way ~ especially half hour before and after dinner is good time to have some surprise 😜

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hi guys

i requested immigration the below questions in the picture in the freedom of information section. I got email today from them. 

3DFC071D-E4D6-419A-873C-09D88BBA3F4E.png

😮 only 200 applications in our excel tracker.😐

only 200 applications in our excel tracker.
It also includes their family members also.
It's possible in that way

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, MPK said:

😮 only 200 applications in our excel tracker.😐

Probably divide those numbers by 3 or 3.5 to take into account secondary applicants

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gracee said:

Hello everyone.

Update: I finally received the golden email today! Exactly 14 months after filing.

Direct Grant

Applied : 15 March 2018

Grant: 15 May 2019

CO: Manuel

Thank you to everyone in this forum for making me feel not alone. I really hope you all get your grants soon especially those who have been waiting for a long time.

congrats... i applied 15 march 2019

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

congrats... i applied 15 march 2019

Sorry Salman Long wait

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone,  back in my home country, our middle name is the surname of our Mother's maiden name. What's on my passport is my surname, given names and middle name. Same as PCC. However since I moved here I never used my middle name. I have renewed my AFP last March and didn't put my middle name. Should I apply again and put my middle name?

12 minutes ago, ham11 said:

Hello everyone,  back in my home country, our middle name is the surname of our Mother's maiden name. What's on my passport is my surname, given names and middle name. Same as PCC. However since I moved here I never used my middle name. I have renewed my AFP last March and didn't put my middle name. Should I apply again and put my middle name?

Is your middle name mentioned on your birth certificate? 🙂 If it is a "yes", here is your answer. 😉 CO will see your birth certificate in your submission documents.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Russki said:

Is your middle name mentioned on your birth certificate? 🙂 If it is a "yes", here is your answer. 😉 CO will see your birth certificate in your submission documents.

Hi @Russki, yup middle name is in my birth certificate. so should I apply again for Afp with middle name? I remembered I placed my second given name as my middle name😨

Hi all

Evidence for living in a regional area, is it ok with only rental agreement? Also with 1 year of work can it be casual and can it be divided into few months here and there over 3 years?

Thanks

1 hour ago, ham11 said:

Hi @Russki, yup middle name is in my birth certificate. so should I apply again for Afp with middle name? I remembered I placed my second given name as my middle name😨

I think it is a good idea,  yes. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news...  🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jab said:

Hi all

Evidence for living in a regional area, is it ok with only rental agreement? Also with 1 year of work can it be casual and can it be divided into few months here and there over 3 years?

Thanks

About work,  yes,  it can be casual and does not have to be consecutive, can be made up of several periods of working with gaps. But it has to be 35 hours working per week, as a minimum.  🙂

• Like 1

Hi all
Thanks

Your bank statement is living evidence as well, and your mobile bill, car registration etc.. and yes work experience can be casual, as long as you work over 35 hours per week, and you can divided over 3 years. But in total at least 12 months
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, Kevin said:

Thanks Mehedi and Marlowe022. Now it seems to be clearly understood the point of my question. 

As I was an onshore 489 visa applicant from the tourist visa (600).

It took 7 months until I get a visa grant. In other words, I was holding a bridging visa A after applying for 489 visa for 7 months. 

Thus, If the 2 years residency requirement does not count from the day of holding a bridging visa, I would apply for 887 visa 7 months behind, which is a fairly big difference to me. 

Anyway, still can't find a clear answer for my question, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case, and then I will decide to go earlier or later depending on the outcome of his application. 

He is also onshore applicant and there is a two month gap between bridging visa and 489 visa grant date. 

Once I get the result of his visa application, will update at this forum.

Cheers guys. 

Hi, Kevin, any update for your friend's visa application. I have the exactly same situation as yours, if the bridging visa period can be counted, it will mean a lot to me.