sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

On 5/17/2019 at 11:13 PM, Russki said:

Guys, THANK YOU all so much for your warm wishes and congratulations, we are such a great community here, big family! 🙂 🙂 The grant news are very slowly sinking in... I guess, tomorrow it will feel more real. And I am not blocking the queue any more! 😄 😄 😄  Congrats to all who got grants and CO contacts today! 🎉🤗🎉

Peaceful happy bear on the avatar now, as requested by the forum members! 😄 I will stay on the forum for a while longer to keep you guys company. 🙂  

Congrats my friend.

I think your case was a case study for them.... You deserve much more and much better.

God bless you. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Friends 
do we need to upload form 1221 as well or just form 80 ?

Yes if you want a direct grant
  • Like 1

Hello everyone

I got my 489 visa last week

I am living in Melbourne right now

can you please tell me that how long we can live in metro after 489 grant ?

because we have lease on our name and working full time. Company wants 3 weeks notice and looking for lease transfer. 

I may take upto 3 months. 

What is your suggestion ?

thanks in advance

Hey guys, on form 1221. Question 16, “have you previously held an Australian visa?” As it mentioned “previously”do we need to write down 489 visa or not? Or just write the student visa before 489 will do? Just want to clarify. Cheers

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

Hey guys, on form 1221. Question 16, “have you previously held an Australian visa?” As it mentioned “previously”do we need to write down 489 visa or not? Or just write the student visa before 489 will do? Just want to clarify. Cheers

489 and student visa

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JSINGH said:

Hello Friends 

do we need to upload form 1221 as well or just form 80 ?

I suggest filled both form 1221 and form 80

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pawan Preet said:

Hello everyone

because we have lease on our name and working full time. Company wants 3 weeks notice and looking for lease transfer. 

thanks in advance

ill suggest check Area code in which you can stay with Visa 489. Because for Applying PR you have to show exactly 2 years in Suggested areas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pawan Preet said:

Hello everyone

thanks in advance

I have heard that there is some "grace" period, 6 months from the 489 grant date or something, I don't remember. After that you have to go to regional area (or designated, according to your visa). 🙂 

I think, you may have to ask an agent about this and ring immigration, too. I am just too scared to advise, I don't want to get you into trouble. 😉 Anybody else knows about this?

10 hours ago, Just do it... said:

Get stat Dec from your friend thay your wife stayed with their family for that many days.. Thanks 

hi mate, what I understood is that now your friend has moved out of Adelaide and you find it difficult to get Stat Dec from him? if that is the case, your wife can sign a Stat Dec and say that she stayed that period of time in that address. One of my fried did the same thing. However, anyone else having the same experience? 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, dar8 said:

Hi trendzinn , this is what i found on RDA orana official website , 

"The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has advised that once you have been granted your 489 visa on-shore applications for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) should relocate to a regional area within 3 months.

RDA Orana expects all its Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) nominees to relocate to the region as soon as practical (within approximately 3 months) after being granted their visa.

If requested, a nominee who fails to commence living in a regional area immediately after being granted the 489 visa must be able to provide evidence to justify the delay. failure to provide such evidence may result in a finding that the nominee has breached the condition of their Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)."

https://www.rdaorana.org.au/frequently-asked-questions-489/

however one thing to note is that this only mentions living in non regional area for the initial 3 months after a 489 is granted onshore, and does not mention anything about working in non regional for 3 months , it also states that if required the visa holder will have to explain with evidence why they could not live in regional immediately after the grant if they cannot provide evidence to explain why they did not live in regional after the grant when required by immigration this will be considered as a breach of visa conditions , so i  strongly suggest that your friend seek professional guidance to see how she/he should submit their 887 application to avoid any complications. 

This was on the forum earlier this week. This is not my research, just sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hi @peace_at_heart, do you mind sharing with the group what work documents you initially submitted to IMMI? Thanks.

Sure.

I was working as casual worker before becoming permanent worker at my workplace. I had originally submitted 35 hours per week Payslips both from Casual and Permanent work, along with the copy of Permanent work contract.

I have submitted 1) Casual work Contract 2) A letter listing entire work history in Australia 3) Super statement

Thanks 

On 5/20/2019 at 8:52 PM, Angos said:

Hi Honey2896,

what sort of documentation did you submit for your new born baby. I am also on same boat and waiting for CO to contact, if you can let us know what sort of documentation is required for the new born , will upload it before hand so that wont have to wait longer.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:07 AM, Angry Coder said:

Hi all,  

Is this possible to request HAP ID without having a passport. My baby is two months old now and I'm afraid they will ask me for her medicals but her passport is still not finalized because the nearest consulate general is in Canberra which I need to visit and can't seem to do it anytime sooner. So I was wondering if I can get her HAP ID and submit medical and then, later on, provide the passport.  

If baby is under 6 months you dont need to get medical. Just get a GP letter stating baby is healthy and fine.

CO will generate HAP ID or contact BUPA

17 hours ago, darwinsingh said:

no offences but as per tracker most feb cases are held by Sophorn. 

Sophorn has put most of remaining feb applicants on hold and went on holidays. There is no updates since last 2 months. 

• Sad 2

On 5/21/2019 at 5:28 AM, Mirza said:

I didn't provide any STAT dec for family, however, a marriage certificate and family registration certificate from your country. Will be good if you provide some marriage photos. I hope it will help.

@Mirza what does family registration certificate mean ? I dont have that 

Hi guys,

I am not sure if it is a dream. I applied 887 on 4th July 2018. CO Sophorn has just sent me email asking for new AFP and that’s the only one. I will update later.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Hi guys,
I am not sure if it is a dream. I applied 887 on 4th July 2018. CO Sophorn has just sent me email asking for new AFP and that’s the only one. I will update later.

Wow fly through to July , lucky you :) finger cross
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken said:

Hi guys,

Fantastic mate, they are moving, I reckon they have targets to meet. What was the date of your previous AFP

3 minutes ago, Ken said:

Hi guys,

ah, no need to be worried, you need to updated the documents then back on the track! i mean after May and June. I think CO afraid to make longer process so they are check AFP now :). I got a friend applied this March and got contacted straight away after 1 week, just to update documents. 

so I think you are about the same. 

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Is this real? Can’t believe.. that’s a good news Ken..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Fantastic mate, they are moving, I reckon they have targets to meet. What was the date of your previous AFP

My previous AFP was 25th July. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, JoeIAm said:

ah, no need to be worried, you need to updated the documents then back on the track! i mean after May and June. I think CO afraid to make longer process so they are check AFP now :). I got a friend applied this March and got contacted straight away after 1 week, just to update documents. 

I hope you are wrong haha, it’s okay. If he can grant me PR on 4th July 2019, I am stil l happy, rather than waiting longer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ken said:

I hope you are wrong haha, it’s okay. If he can grant me PR on 4th July 2019, I am stil l happy, rather than waiting longer.

Never say never; best wishes to you👍

My previous AFP was 25th July. 
I think immigration having some issues with AFP. Just call immigration and tell them you already uploaded AFP. Lets see what happen. Waiting queue is moving so fast I am exited.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So JoelAm, how is that possible your friend apply this March and request for documents.is that mean if he submit the documents he will get the grant within 2 months? That's sounds crazy lots of people waiting a long and they picked up random file, those people are so lucky. I wish I could be one of them.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Ken said:

Hi guys,

Now this update has brought in so much excitement. Good on you mate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1