sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

HI @Romzr

I don't recall another case like yours in this forum, hence, it's just a guess:

She was in breach of the 887 conditions for at least 6 months. They normally understand that 3 months is normal to organise the new life. You may get over this with a good explanation. But as @Vinh said, it's risky.

It's not clear in your message for how long she was in Sydney since you got the 489.

She moved 6 months after you, but how long did you take to move? (you will need to give a good explanation for the total time in Sydney)

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 1:39 PM, SINGH G said:

Where is my turn 🤔🤔 21/10/17

Singh G, How many times Immi contacted you and what they requested  ?

9 hours ago, Romzr said:

Hi guys, can you guys please advise me on this matter. I am posting this second time. Nobody suggested anything 😌🙏

I and my defecto partner were granted 489 visa together so I only moved to regional 6 months before her and she was still in Sydney and worked in tax job. due to personal relationships issues between us. Then things were sorted and she moved regional with me and I applied for 887 visa after I completed work and residence requirements being a main applicant. Do you guys think the visa officer will ask the question on her being non-compliant

Hi Romzr, 

Your case is very sensitive and need more attention and experience. I strongly suggest you seek for a piece of advice from an experienced lawyer.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Romzr said:

Hi guys, can you guys please advise me on this matter. I am posting this second time. Nobody suggested anything 😌🙏

I and my defecto partner were granted 489 visa together so I only moved to regional 6 months before her and she was still in Sydney and worked in tax job. due to personal relationships issues between us. Then things were sorted and she moved regional with me and I applied for 887 visa after I completed work and residence requirements being a main applicant. Do you guys think the visa officer will ask the question on her being non-compliant

Hi Romzr, if I were you, I would apply for 887 alone first, then apply for spouse visa after get pr...

• Like 2

Hi guys,  on the “current and previous visa” section during my application  I forgot to mention 2 student visas I previously held. As I have been living in Australia for a long time. I could not remember all my previously visas details. Today I went through my email and noticed that I had 2 students visas (student visa extensions)  I did not declare. What should I do? Guys I am scared now it was a careless mistake and was unintentional 😞 please help 

6 minutes ago, Daisy26 said:

Hi guys,  on the “current and previous visa” section during my application  I forgot to mention 2 student visas I previously held. As I have been living in Australia for a long time. I could not remember all my previously visas details. Today I went through my email and noticed that I had 2 students visas (student visa extensions)  I did not declare. What should I do? Guys I am scared now it was a careless mistake and was unintentional 😞 please help 

Don’t be afraid. It’s not a big deal. Submit form1023 describing this.

• Thanks 1

waiting for CO 
You have a long way to go mr Khan. I applied in December 3rd still no CO assigned. Immigration is processing Last week of April at this point, so you have roughly another 1 year to go.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Romzr said:

You are the main applicant and you moved to the regional area within recommended time limit ( thats what I understand from the information provided by you) I think unless you personal issues were really big and were disclosed to any related authority, it shouldn’t be any problem. I am not 100 percent sure but its my opinion that living requirement are only for main applicant🤔 . However, I know all applicant needs to be in Australia at the time of approval. 

Again its just my opinion without any fact check. They usually don’t check secondary applicants work details either, I would like to hear from others too. 

• Like 2

@Vinh  

@George

@Doman

@Sharky0903

@A cup of coffee

Thank you so much guys for your advices. We have messages to each other as a proof they were breaking up and that time I could not inform immigration about that because it would have been very early and my partner could not have any choice. we already passed those 3 months period when 489 approved and I moved. So it’s 6 months literally but we have valid family reasons. I had consulted with Acacia Migration few months before on paid consultation and they advised that visa officer may ask for it but they may be convinced when you state your situation as we have been together for a very long time. Or visa officer might ask to apply later when her 2 years are also completed. 

Alright experts, June has started as we are about to half way this year. That's my own prediction for up coming weeks.

Immigration is processing end of April now. Pretty sure they can finish up April applicant by this month. They can start May & June applicant soon. From our tracker roughly 20-25 people on a month applied in May- December 18. I hope end of June processing time should go down to 12-14 months. Lets hope for the best queue is moving on decent speed.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Romzr said:

Only the main applicant has to have completed 887 requirements. (1 year work and 2 year stay). 
If your relationship status was bouncy during recent years, CO might ask you to submit a Statutory Declaration that you guys are OK now intend to remain the same.

When you say your partner was working in SYD, was he/she working against 489 visa conditions? if so, go consult a lawyer/ agent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Romzr said:

@Vinh  

@George

@Doman

@Sharky0903

@A cup of coffee

Thank you so much guys for your advices. We have messages to each other as a proof they were breaking up and that time I could not inform immigration about that because it would have been very early and my partner could not have any choice. we already passed those 3 months period when 489 approved and I moved. So it’s 6 months literally but we have valid family reasons. I had consulted with Acacia Migration few months before on paid consultation and they advised that visa officer may ask for it but they may be convinced when you state your situation as we have been together for a very long time. Or visa officer might ask to apply later when her 2 years are also completed. 

Co's are looking for reasons to delay or reject applications more than granting them these days , so unless she has strong evidence to support the reason why she lived and worked in syd it will be risky , since you guys are not married and still in defacto r.ship it's more likely that the co will look extensively into both of your residential and work locations , for eg. ato data matching for living / work addresses of you both to make sure it's a genuine rship and  i think that's when the problems will start even if you provide evidence of a temporary break up it will not justify her reasons for staying in non regional for 6 months unless she's prepared to  provide acceptable reason for it if co request it , the way 887 is designed is that if one person in application fails all will fail , in an application where both are married it's unlikely the co will look into partners work/living but in defacto pr application co will look into this information . I beleive safest route will be for you to apply for 887 by yourself , then get her to apply by herself when she fulfills her criteria ( still chances co ask for explanation of 6 months stay in syd) , or best one i think is to lodge a partner application after you get your pr, while the wait will be long for her this way for her pr chances of rejection of a partner pr visa will be less likely for her if you prove genuine rship regardless this 6 months stay in non regional on her current 489 , if both apply together for 887 there's a chance that both will be refused pr , it's just my opinion on your case it's best to follow professional advise 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi ,

how it works, if baby is more than 6 months and get grant later.

are we still eligible for Centrelink payment?

can u pls advise little bit in details?

thanks in advance 

Hi Ekam,

I have not checked with Centrelink but I have checked with my employer only. What I understood was, that I would be able to get those 18 weeks with-in one year of the birth of my child.

Hopefully this helps.

• Thanks 1

@toot I will be happy to provide stat-dec to prove. We have had very valid family and interfaith reasons to put forward as evidence and also we are from two different countries.  that time we had so much pressure from families as well I think they should understand this genuine concern. People apply for asylum in this situation 😌

Yes she was still on 489 visa but duration of her work on tax was less than six months. 

@A cup of coffee thanks yeah I have heard from many of friends that they only see main applicant and not much about second one. I hope this is the case in ours too 🤞

@Doman yes I am thinking consulting with lawyer or agent again. Thanks 

@dar8 even if I apply for myself only. They will ask me later on when I will apply for partner visa and it will disturb our relation may be more. 

I have already applied on 1/11/18 when I met requirements. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Romzr said:

I think all conditions are for primary applicant ( living and working in regional areas) secondary applicants are only required to be in Australia at the time of application and decision.

38 minutes ago, Batra801 said:

I think all conditions are for primary applicant ( living and working in regional areas) secondary applicants are only required to be in Australia at the time of application and decision.

Still should be careful though: the secondary applicant does not have to fulfil 2 years in the regional area, true, but also none of the 887 applicants shouldn't be in breach of 489 conditions, which the lady was. So definitely need to ask a lawyer or good agent for advice. 🙂 🍀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Romzr said:

@A cup of coffee thanks yeah I have heard from many of friends that they only see main applicant and not much about second one. I hope this is the case in ours too 🤞

@Doman yes I am thinking consulting with lawyer or agent again. Thanks 

@dar8 even if I apply for myself only. They will ask me later on when I will apply for partner visa and it will disturb our relation may be more. 

I have already applied on 1/11/18 when I met requirements. 

Hi Romzr yes co might  still ask for it when you apply for a partner visa , the only issue i see here is 887 has complying with the 489 visa conditions by both of you as an eligibility criteria embedded in the visa  ,  in eligibility section of 887 visa page in immi it says the following  as one of " 

Have complied with conditions of your eligible visa

You, and any family members holding an eligible visa, must have complied with the conditions attached to your eligible visa when in Australia. This requirement applies for the whole period you hold the visa(s)"

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility

I guess if you've already applied then it will have to wait and see if the co will hopefully not follow this up with you guys and grant the pr without making an issue of it 

11 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi Ekam,

I have not checked with Centrelink but I have checked with my employer only. What I understood was, that I would be able to get those 18 weeks with-in one year of the birth of my child.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi @peace_at_heart and @Ekam,

I already went to Centrelink for twice regarding this issue, they said I’ll be only eligible for Family tax benefits and childcare subsidy but I know friend of mind who applied few years back got parental leave paid just before baby turns one year old. Hopefully we’ll get our 18weeks pay when we get our PR. As I also saw in this forum someone said Centrelink officers who are in customer service don’t know much and only newly arrived migrants not get the benefits straightaway after get PR. Anyway will hope for the best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2017 applications - granted
January applications - granted
February applications - granted
March applications - granted
April applications - granted
May applications - granted
June applications - started

This month’s mission, mission possible :) finger cross and good luck everyone :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

only around 15 apps each month from 5 to 7 = equals to the whole month Apr 45 apps. Its gonna be fast ;)))

• Like 3

only around 15 apps each month from 5 to 7 = equals to the whole month Apr 45 apps. Its gonna be fast ;)))

It’s the end of financial year for 2018-2019, hopefully this month they use all the unused quotas :)
  • Like 1