887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

33 minutes ago, serry said:

Hi Friends, 

After applying 887 in FEb'19, we have got our Medicare Cards. We had decided to keep our private insurance as we are going to plan a baby next year. We went to BUPA and they said you are temporary resident and BUPA can not give full  Hospital Cover. They give full Hospital Cover to Permanent resident and to citizens only. 

Now, We have got the attached letter. The department of Health, Private Health Insurance Branch has advised to get the Full Hospital cover to avoid the Lifetime Health Cover Loading. 

could anyone let me know what exactly needs to be done. As both are contrary to each other. Thanks a lot. 

IMG_20190603_150718766.jpg

Very strange as we did not hear anything like that from BUPA and we have hospital cover...try going to different BUPA store...

54 minutes ago, serry said:

Hi Friends, 

After applying 887 in FEb'19, we have got our Medicare Cards. We had decided to keep our private insurance as we are going to plan a baby next year. We went to BUPA and they said you are temporary resident and BUPA can not give full  Hospital Cover. They give full Hospital Cover to Permanent resident and to citizens only. 

Now, We have got the attached letter. The department of Health, Private Health Insurance Branch has advised to get the Full Hospital cover to avoid the Lifetime Health Cover Loading. 

could anyone let me know what exactly needs to be done. As both are contrary to each other. Thanks a lot. 

IMG_20190603_150718766.jpg

This is a general letter, I have received the same. I applied for my 887 in December 18 and changed my hospital cover to an acceptable cover in February'19. I got a letter from Bupa confirming my new hospital cover and I suppose it will come out in the wash once tax return period comes around

1 hour ago, SilentFollower 03/06 said:

Hey there

I've been a grateful silent follower. Just got my grant this morning!!

Applied: 7 May 2018.

Granted: 3 June 2019.

Direct Grant - still said "Received" yesterday!

No contact from anyone at Immigration before the email came through.

Case Officer - Joan.

I am single, no kids - and applied for the visa without the help of an agent.

Thank you for all the advice and guidance on this forum - as I went along I added the documents you recommended.

I felt less lonely and desperate knowing there were many of us in the same boat.

Hoping you all get your golden email very-very-very soon.

Congratulations dear

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Angos said:

Hi Riaz, 

They asked same letter for my new born baby as well. There is no particular format. Just a letter from GP stating that baby was born on this date and baby immunisation is up to date and we did attached the blue book copy. 

And we had the recent letter. 

I hope it will work for you . 

@Riaz @Santosh @Sharky0903

thanks mate

Hi..... Another silent follower here.

Received an email from my agent around 9:30 this morning with great news.

VISA GRANTED!!!!

Applied:  April 09, 2018

Granted: June 03, 2019

Direct Grant

CO: Joan

Family of 5 with children aged 16, 14 (today), 12.

Celebrating 12 years today; (June 3, 2007) since I first arrived here on a student visa. It's not an easy road but worth the wait.

Hope you all get your golden email soon... 

Edited by Thea
  • Like 15

8 minutes ago, Thea said:

VISA GRANTED!!!!

Direct Grant

Celebrating 12 years today; (June 3, 2007) since I first arrived here on a student visa. It's not an easy road but worth the wait.

Fantastic news, well deserved after the long road you have traveled

• Like 1

Hi all, another quiet follower here. Four precious emails landed in my inbox just after lunch time today and status on my immi account changed to "FINALISED". Finally after spending 9.5 years in Australia we received PR. ours is a family of four including two kids 6 years and 21 months. this is a direct grant.

Applied: 07/May/2018

Grant: 03/Jun/2019

CO: Manuel

I have updated our overseas police clearance last Friday night,  received new AFPs today and was going to upload them this evening, but received grant without new AFP!!! This is unbelievable but true. Also I have got my little one's medical done prior to I applied for 887 visa.

Thank you everyone for your precious advice, direct grant was not possible without your support. You all are a bunch of legends and we all deserve a medal for our patience!!! I wish everyone very best with your grants. Cheers!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rsvj said:

Hi all, another quiet follower here. Four precious emails landed in my inbox just after lunch time today and status on my immi account changed to "FINALISED". Finally after spending 9.5 years in Australia we received PR. ours is a family of four including two kids 6 years and 21 months. this is a direct grant.

Applied: 07/May/2018

Grant: 03/Jun/2019

CO: Manuel

I have updated our overseas police clearance last Friday night,  received new AFPs today and was going to upload them this evening, but received grant without new AFP!!! This is unbelievable but true. Also I have got my little one's medical done prior to I applied for 887 visa.

Thank you everyone for your precious advice, direct grant was not possible without your support. You all are a bunch of legends and we all deserve a medal for our patience!!! I wish everyone very best with your grants. Cheers!!

Mny congrats dear..

6 minutes ago, Butt said:

This happens when they asked for additional information. I am also of same date as you guys.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I had no contact so far .. i have already updated new AFP last month .. still no contact or grant yet.. 

• Like 1

Not [mention=3929]Simmie[/mention] [mention=3100]Tt2[/mention] or I was contacted by Home Affairs yet.  We all have kids.
By the way, [mention=3929]Simmie[/mention] and [mention=3100]Tt2[/mention] how old are your kids? Mine is 2 years and 7 months.
Your dates of apply?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Congratulations to all you have received their "golden email". I have been following this thread for a little while now.

I am currently on 489 visa and have applied for PR on 4th April last year. I have received contact from immigration on 20th May, over a year after submitting my application. They requested additional documents: AFP Police Check and Form 80.

I am going overseas for a week from 8th of June. I believe we need to notify immigration about any overseas travel plan as I need to be onshore as they finalise the visa decision. How do we contact immigration if we have clarification regarding the requested additional documents? It seems like it is not as straight forward as sending them an email. 

27 minutes ago, Simmie said:

Mine are 3  y'old ans 20 month old ..  hope they won't ask medical as both kids were born before 887 application. 

I'm hoping the same thing Simmie, my boy was also born before we applied for 887. One would've thought that they would state that medical is required, but it doesn't and I will be very disappointed if we'll have to wait even longer for something which they could've asked way back!

I'm sure they can check with Medicare if you go to doctors on a regular basis or not and from there decide if it's needed or not, I don't know.

4 hours ago, Thea said:

VISA GRANTED!!!!

Direct Grant

Congratulations 🎉🍾 happy 12th Australia anniversary.

9 hours ago, Russki said:

https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates

I don't know much about benefits for families, but I hope this link helps! 🙂 

Thanks Russki for the information. Just wondering are we treat as newly arrived migrants as new rules are for newly arrived migrants?

Anyway will go to Centrelink again when I get my PR and Share my findings again for people who keen to know about this.