887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, Katie said:

Thank you, but I doubt it.. Everytime we get up to the time frame days after they up it again.. 😩

I am tired of waiting too.. I complained yesterday that i have even completed 18 months.. but got the usual reply..so upsetting..I don’t know why they are not giving us grant.. i have submitted all requested documents within 28 days and after requesting documents sophorn go for  3 months holidays... not fair...

• Sad 2

Dont get why they cant finish the case for all those who required further assessment first before starting a new file.

I am just hoping they have a clear system of looking through the queues and not forgetting the ones that they have started before

• Like 2

Hi need some advice.

I applied 887 on 20 Feb 2018 and I got my grant on 5/06/2019. The next day I applied for the centrelink befnifit by claiming. Today i got a call from Centrelink,they said the rules has been changed I will be eligible for centrelink benefit once getting PR I need wait for 2 years to get centre link benefits. Is that true. I am not sure can someone share your experience.

Thanks vino

2 minutes ago, VIno said:

Hi need some advice.

I applied 887 on 20 Feb 2018 and I got my grant on 5/06/2019. The next day I applied for the centrelink befnifit by claiming. Today i got a call from Centrelink,they said the rules has been changed I will be eligible for centrelink benefit once getting PR I need wait for 2 years to get centre link benefits. Is that true. I am not sure can someone share your experience.

Thanks vino

This is weird...

Why 2 years wait ? Haven't heard of any such change ??

4 hours ago, Vinh said:

pls. check email everyone. Dont let your morale down by new bs timeframe.

These are golden words! 🙂 I think better to concentrate on the fact that things are clearly moving. It's just that we have such a huge backlog now, that it takes time to fix. 

image.png.2e6a0fcd30e973c35c219345a8ab79ed.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mel 887 said:

I just received 3 emails for Bridging Visa A for me and my family...

CO Wilson

But my 489 expiring in dec 2019

Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is normal, you will notice that the Bridging visa only kicks in when your 489 expires, but they issue the bridging visa once you apply for the 887

19 minutes ago, Mel 887 said:

I just received 3 emails for Bridging Visa A for me and my family...

CO Wilson

But my 489 expiring in dec 2019

Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you didn't receive instantly Bridging visa A when you applied last year?!!!

36 minutes ago, nudgee said:

They updated the 190 visa processing time from 11-14 months down to 9 - 13 months. Yet increasing our time ?

Nudgee, we have seen applicants been granted PR in less than a year, so once again I reiterate that if all the documents are complete and uploaded then the CO can issue a grant once they review the first time around. If documents are not correct then the CO may need to return to the application, and therefore may take 16 to 18 months. That's my take!!

• Like 2

what are the real benefits of PR?

• if you have a decent job in regional area, why moving after PR?
  • Buying house?? with 489 can not we able to buy?
  • wait 2 years for centerlink benefits? how many yeas for citizenship? 
  • Travel in/out easily.

I am just wondering why they do not give PR so quick.