sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Hi All, 

I really need you help, I am in Adelaide on 489 and it's just been a month. We are planning to extend our family but I am unsure of any health insurance which gives no waiting period or small waiting period for pregnancy cover's.

Can any one please help me or guide me the best way to go through this.

Bupa or most insurance have 1 year waiting period and I am really not looking to push it to another year due to certain health conditions and having a baby without insurance is again very expensive ( is what I heard till now).

I don't know what to do from here, any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Please please add your thoughts:)

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All, 

I really need you help, I am in Adelaide on 489 and it's just been a month. We are planning to extend our family but I am unsure of any health insurance which gives no waiting period or small waiting period for pregnancy cover's.

Bupa or most insurance have 1 year waiting period and I am really not looking to push it to another year due to certain health conditions and having a baby without insurance is again very expensive ( is what I heard till now).

Thank you!

It will cost you around $14000. 

Better to go your country for this.

anyone applied in june 2018 still waiting for first contact ?

Applied 15 June 2018  - No contact Yet 😞

9 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All, 

Thank you!

Hi,

You could admit to govt; hospital (i.e. Women and Children) as private patient for delivery and you could pay by chargers by itinstallment basis according to your financial status. Go and discuss with them. Rates may be around $2600 per day plus other chargers.

Insurances very tricky and many hidden chargers. Because they only pay us medicare component only and more than 60% we have to pay by your pocket.

Going back to your country is final option and calculate both side and you decide.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Emadh said:

25th June. Nothing as of yet 

9 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All, 

Thank you!

Hi Happy and Lucky,

You can call health insurance companies and find out the waiting periods. But what I would like to give my input on is thinking beyond the delivery cost, prepare for the worse. Pregnancy can turn out to be nightmare if there were any complications before or after the delivery (right now you are not even considering any of that). I had Bupa from first day of my 489, but I still waited until I filed the 887 and got medicare.  Yes, you will have your concerns but waiting here or having delivery overseas may help you.

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Emadh said:

Yep.. applied 25th june, no contact yet. 😕

Hello everyone,

Anyone who applied 887 in April 2018? No response yet since visa officer - Divithotawela contacted on 23rd May 2019. Provided docs on 30th May 2019.

40 minutes ago, Vayani said:

Hello everyone,

Anyone who applied 887 in April 2018? No response yet since visa officer - Divithotawela contacted on 23rd May 2019. Provided docs on 30th May 2019.

I applied 3rd April, First contact - 21st may by co regina,  still waiting

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sunnny said:

I applied 3rd April, First contact - 21st may by co regina,  still waiting

Thanks Sunny for your response.

what docs they asked for and when did you submit requested docs? 

Thanks 🙂

1 minute ago, Vayani said:

Thanks Sunny for your response.

what docs they asked for and when did you submit requested docs? 

Thanks 🙂

They asked for Updated AFP which i uploaded a month ago because by old one was expired. so i uploaded the same again and made a complaint. they replied on 26th may and said they have received afp and will process the application further.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vayani said:

Hello everyone,

Same here applied on 16 April 2018 co request documents for partner English and new born medical on 28 th May document submitted 6th June still waiting 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SHamal said:

Hello everyone,

Applied 30/03/2018

1st contact CO Grant 15/05/2019 asked for more evidence of living and working in a regional area. supplied docs on 22/05/2019.

Visa Grant on 19/06/2018.

wait a week more. I believe your grant is not far too. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, SHamal said:

Same here applied on 16 April 2018 co request documents for partner English and new born medical on 28 th May document submitted 6th June still waiting 

Your CO contact or request isn't noted on the tracker. Do you have access to edit the tracker and fill that in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnny said:

They asked for Updated AFP which i uploaded a month ago because by old one was expired. so i uploaded the same again and made a complaint. they replied on 26th may and said they have received afp and will process the application further.

Sunny,

Same here they requested for AFP as mine and partner ones old year old. Also requested for partner functional English language ability even though I provided her school and intermediate certificate conducted in English. After this request I also uploaded more than two years Australian work experience in order to have more evidence for this. 

How did you lodge complain?

1 minute ago, Vayani said:

Sunny,

Same here they requested for AFP as mine and partner ones old year old. Also requested for partner functional English language ability even though I provided her school and intermediate certificate conducted in English. After this request I also uploaded more than two years Australian work experience in order to have more evidence for this. 

How did you lodge complain?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

26 minutes ago, SHamal said:

Hi Shamal,

i applied on the same date 16 April 2018. Who is your case officer ? And what docs you provided for partner English?

3 hours ago, Lucas1808 said:

25th June. Nothing as of yet 

I applied March 2018 no contact yet 😞

• Sad 1

16 days left be4 our 489 visa expires n we go onto that other bridging visa. 😭 (no new employer will employ you on this one) 

Can I ask, will our Medicare cards need up dating with the new bridging visa? 

Finally mine is granted! CO Grant. Applied on 9.5.19, Could someone please update the tracker.

Thanks!

• Like 11

On 6/20/2019 at 7:20 AM, Zack said:

We read the section you mentioned there is no relevant information

I have snap shot to what I think it is related. However the snap shot is not for the complete text. 

image.jpg

Just now, ppyon1 said:

Finally mine is granted! CO Grant. Applied on 9.5.19, Could someone please update the tracker.

Thanks!

Congratulations!!! can you please update timeline; u mentioned 9.5.19- i am assuming typo???

1 minute ago, ppyon1 said:

Thanks!

2019? 🤔

• Haha 1