Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

Hi Experts,

I am asking this question on behalf of my friend who is on 489. 

Question: Only primary applicant for 887 needs to fulfill 2 year residency/1 year work requirements? The secondary applicant had entered in Australia few months later, would that be okay? or shall we wait to file until everyone is here for 2 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Russki

Applied 15 - june -2018 

 

Fist contacted 26 june

Asking for form 80 and wife English requirement 

Updated requirement document on 27 june

Meanwhile my wife and kids went back home for 4 weeks on 29th

Today agent called and advised that they received pre grant from immigration. What does it mean . ? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They contact me 21 June and asked me about AFP and Overseas PCC ...don't know why  because it was already updated without they asked me and now again i am waiting reply from their side .i called immigration and asked about it and  very easiky she said you have to wait...don't know for how long i am gonna wait now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emadh said:

 

Applied 15 - june -2018 

 

Fist contacted 26 june

Asking for form 80 and wife English requirement 

Updated requirement document on 27 june

Meanwhile my wife and kids went back home for 4 weeks on 29th

Today agent called and advised that they received pre grant from immigration. What does it mean . ? 

That means they have finalised your application but your wife and kids must be onshore to receive grant,  
Congrats 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emadh said:

@Russki

Applied 15 - june -2018 

 

Fist contacted 26 june

Asking for form 80 and wife English requirement 

Updated requirement document on 27 june

Meanwhile my wife and kids went back home for 4 weeks on 29th

Today agent called and advised that they received pre grant from immigration. What does it mean . ? 

It means  you will get PR when your wife and kids will be back in Australia 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Emadh said:

@Russki

Applied 15 - june -2018 

 

Fist contacted 26 june

Asking for form 80 and wife English requirement 

Updated requirement document on 27 june

Meanwhile my wife and kids went back home for 4 weeks on 29th

Today agent called and advised that they received pre grant from immigration. What does it mean . ? 

It means that you're running to the closest bws and celebrating your grant. Congrats

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sunnny said:

Hi Everyone

Just contacted by CO Kimberley asking for form 1229 for child.

Applied - 3rd April 2018

First Contact - 13th May 2019 for Child Medical

Second Contact - 21st May Updated AFP

Third Contact - 3rd July Form 1229 for Child

 

Your grant is on the way mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mohid said:

Good afternoon

 

  Just now I got my Grant. applied 22/4/2018- first contact on 4/6/19- I also updated my AFP. Co: kimberley. all the best for every one and hope every one get it soon

 

Congratulations on your grant! Enjoy your new life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bks said:

Hi everyone

Finally we received our grant today

Applied 28 march 2018

Grant 3 july 2019 co kimberly

Thanks everyone

 

Congrats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sunnny said:

Hi Everyone

Just contacted by CO Kimberley asking for form 1229 for child.

Applied - 3rd April 2018

First Contact - 13th May 2019 for Child Medical

Second Contact - 21st May Updated AFP

Third Contact - 3rd July Form 1229 for Child

 

Hi Sunnny,

May I ask what the form 1229 for your child is for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bks said:

Hi everyone

Finally we received our grant today

Applied 28 march 2018

Grant 3 july 2019 co kimberly

Thanks everyone

 

Congratulations on your grant! Enjoy your new life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone who applied AFTER u receives their grant first, can you use that as a basis for a complaint? Or will immi just give the usual response which is follow the global processing times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mohid said:

Good afternoon

 

  Just now I got my Grant. applied 22/4/2018- first contact on 4/6/19- I also updated my AFP. Co: kimberley. all the best for every one and hope every one get it soon

 

Congratulations Mohid..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bks said:

Hi everyone

Finally we received our grant today

Applied 28 march 2018

Grant 3 july 2019 co kimberly

Thanks everyone

 

Congratulations @Bks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Delfin said:

If someone who applied AFTER u receives their grant first, can you use that as a basis for a complaint? Or will immi just give the usual response which is follow the global processing times?

Unfortunately that is no basis for a complaint, if it was, most of us on here would have done so. It depends on how long it takes to verify your proof documents and how complex each case is, this meaning someone who applied after you could get their grant before you, because their case is less complex and/or their documents were verified before yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why June have been contacted twice and got grants but July got none? Not fair for us.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vinh said:

Why June have been contacted twice and got grants but July got none? Not fair for us.

The tracker shows some July applications have been processed...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Hi Sunnny,

May I ask what the form 1229 for your child is for?

Its a parents consent form to grant visa to child less than 18 years of age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 2:44 PM, Trendzinn said:

Can you please guide me what sort of gp letter you submitted (what should be written in it)? My child is born in Australia,18 months old now and we added him in our application. No CO is being assigned to us yet. So can I submit just gp letter or should I wait for Hap id to be allocated. 

I dont want my decission to be delayed just because of my son's medical. So in desperate need of proper guidence regarding childs medical. Thanks 

Applied on 20-06-2018

You have to create hap Id and medical should be done . Gps letter is needed if child is under 6 month. Mine one was just 4 month so they won’t do any medical for under 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I am a new member in this group.  my husband and I will apply 887 on this mid Sep. I am wondering if

1. we can have our health check before applying? And what kind of that can you please tell me more if you have the same experience.

2. My husband is the main applicant but his ielts score until Sep is 2 years, but we dont see any mentions about main Applicant’s english proficiency in 887. Should he have a test again to renew it?

3. We use a lot of bank cards, which one could be the most bank statment to convince CO about our transactions in our residential and working area? Like credit card or something? 

Thank you for your concern and hope to receive your responses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sunnny said:

Its a parents consent form to grant visa to child less than 18 years of age

Am I correct in assuming that the consent form is for a parent that is not included in the visa application?

Thanks for your time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bhavishya said:

Now, my doubt is, do I need to obtain FBI clearance from USA embassy upon return to Australia or can that 5 weeks be considered as my general annual leave?

Thanks

You need it brother...If you search the forum, you can find that one  guy has been asked for FBI clearance for four weeks of stay in US..It costs you less than USD 20...So no need to think twice..Apply online once you are back...Happy journey👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SHamal said:

You have to create hap Id and medical should be done . Gps letter is needed if child is under 6 month. Mine one was just 4 month so they won’t do any medical for under 6 months.

I though that we can’t do anything till the co gets back to us ?

 

he is nearly 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to prioritize 887, we only wanna be treated fairly. Same as the 189 applicants. Yes we might have less points when we apply for visa, but we have more work experiences and we fit in well in the OZ society, we all come a long way :(

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use