887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

13 hours ago, SukhRav said:

I applied on 26th Jan 2018

My baby was born when in Jan 2019, so I updated his details in immi.Send them an email asking to update his details.

Then my file was opened on 20th March, asking more documents for work and residence along with updated AFP.

My 489 expired on 8th July and again emailed them explaining my situation.Received the feedback email saying we are still in processing time frame.

Finally received the GRANT today, 12th July 

CO : Peter

Good luck to everyone. It is such a relief.

Congrats!!!

17 hours ago, Ashi said:

Congratulations

guys one think that might sound interesting is that with 489 getting scrapped.The 887 visa processing time will reduce greatly because no new application will come after September 2019 .so what they will be left is the remaining applications of 887 till 2019 .Expect this load to get over soon .

• Like 1

guys one think that might sound interesting is that with 489 getting scrapped.The 887 visa processing time will reduce greatly because no new application will come after September 2019 .so what they will be left is the remaining applications of 887 till 2019 .Expect this load to get over soon .
I think the quota for the new financial year is not released yet. Case officers still waiting for the green signal from immigration. First two week os july was horrible.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ausdre said:

Thanks for motivation 

14 hours ago, Maxzone said:

I think the quota for the new financial year is not released yet. Case officers still waiting for the green signal from immigration. First two week os july was horrible.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

even if the quota comes then also expect the processing time to get reduced because in future no new aaplication will come

9 minutes ago, ausdre said:

even if the quota comes then also expect the processing time to get reduced because in future no new aaplication will come

I don't think it works like that. Processing times have more to do with how long it takes the department to process applications they already have on hand. Whether there are new applications or not in the future makes no difference.

1 hour ago, Delfin said:

I don't think it works like that. Processing times have more to do with how long it takes the department to process applications they already have on hand. Whether there are new applications or not in the future makes no difference.

See the processing time increases because more application come and CO are less.Now when the 489 visa is scrapped in 2019 there will not be more application for 887 .When the files will be limited,then what will the CO do.So this will lead to decrease in processing time as they also had to handle 191 vida which will come in effect from 2022

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ausdre said:

See the processing time increases because more application come and CO are less.Now when the 489 visa is scrapped in 2019 there will not be more application for 887 .When the files will be limited,then what will the CO do.So this will lead to decrease in processing time as they also had to handle 191 vida which will come in effect from 2022

Hey Mate, people are still coming on 489. So they will have to apply 887. 887 will exist upto 2022/2023.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 07Oct18 said:

Hey Mate, people are still coming on 489. So they will have to apply 887. 887 will exist upto 2022/2023.

How much applications will be there most of the rda are not open except SA which also closed which also suspended for few days i think .You are correct that it wil exist till 2023.but not more than Sep 2023 .So you can imagine how many people will come to lodge there application for 887 ultimately the numbers will drop and to handle 191 visa file they have to speed up the 887

2 hours ago, ausdre said:

How much applications will be there most of the rda are not open except SA which also closed which also suspended for few days i think .You are correct that it wil exist till 2023.but not more than Sep 2023 .So you can imagine how many people will come to lodge there application for 887 ultimately the numbers will drop and to handle 191 visa file they have to speed up the 887

Looking at the way the immigration is treating our applications, I definitely do not recommend you use the phrase "they have to".... 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Hi Experts, I have one serious question to ask, I applied 887 last December.  I live in Queanbeyan NSW, next to Canberra as my designated region. I got a full time job in Queanbeyan but their training will be held in Canberra. As of 489 visa holder I know, I can't live and work in Canberra. What happen if I done my training in the other store. Do you think it will be any consequences ? 

I don’t think it will be a problem I had the same issue when I asked immi at that time they said it will be understandable to cos if we travel to metro for compulsory work related training for regional company , I was sent to metro for a 3 day and then 7 day training by my company over 2 years however I will be more careful if it’s for extended periods of time or more frequent

• Like 2

Hi All, I applied 887 on 14th July 2018. One year gone and no news. I have to travel to India in September. if i don't get the grant till August i will have to apply for Bridging-B as it may also take a month or so to process. Is there any email address where i can write and try requesting grant because when i applied 887 processing time was 12 months and that is over now. Not sure if they will consider my request but i think its worth giving a try. 

17 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Hi Experts, I have one serious question to ask, I applied 887 last December.  I live in Queanbeyan NSW, next to Canberra as my designated region. I got a full time job in Queanbeyan but their training will be held in Canberra. As of 489 visa holder I know, I can't live and work in Canberra. What happen if I done my training in the other store. Do you think it will be any consequences ? 

I think so it should be fine. As long as your payslips come from your regional area. Because one of my friend of friend was working this way. But it would be better to take professional advice. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KC01 said:

I think so it should be fine. As long as your payslips come from your regional area. Because one of my friend of friend was working this way. But it would be better to take professional advice. 

10 minutes ago, KC01 said: