Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Ashi said:

Hello Seniors,

Please help to know where I can apply for Indian police clearance certificate?

Also, I have my wife English medium certificate from college on for graduation, do we need to have for grade 12 n 10 from school as well?

 

You can apply for PCC at VFS office. Please go online on VFS australia and you will be able to see all the instructions and forms. Certificate from college stating that you did your graduation in English medium should be enough having said it would be an added advantage to upload your 10th and 12th marks sheet/result also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, abhishek said:

Dear all, need your guidance recently I have received 489 visa invitation SA. Please guide should I opt for this Visa or wait for 189 or 190. My profession is University Lecturer having PhD & my wife did Msc chemistry, Bachelor of education & Masters of Education.

For189 I have 70 points & for 190 I have 75  points.

I have following questions: 

Considering my points what option should I select. Should I go for 189/190/489. Any possibility this s ore reduced.

In SA for 489 Visa is children education is free. I have two kids one is 4 and second is 5 years old.

While taking medical insurance do we still there is any extra costs on medical. How much does it cost monthly.

Is it possible to get job i.e. 35 hrs per week to satisfy the criteria which type of jobs ate available in SA & avg. salary.

Do we need to appear for IELTS/PTE exam again for 887.

Best and not costly area to live in South Australia. What about avg cost of living for 4 people.

Can we call our parents in 489 visa.

 

please guide. 

Education for children is free on a 489 in public schools

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ken said:

No. You cant create HAP ID by yourself. When I sent my baby documents, I kindly asked them to create hapid for my baby, then the officer from Skillsupport created for me and he did medical clearance for my baby as well.

Hi, which department we need to go if we have already filed 887 and want to create the HAP ID for a child born in Australia?

in my understanding only CO can generate HAPID 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been long long waiting for us , 17 months and 2 weeks , nearly 3 months after the first contact and updated all docs within the time frame but no response yet from CO . Applied through agent and he just enquired via email but no reply , just wondering that, can we send the complaint  if our agent is not sending ?  As usual called immi and the same reply . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Hi, which department we need to go if we have already filed 887 and want to create the HAP ID for a child born in Australia?

in my understanding only CO can generate HAPID 

Hi Dave

Send all your child documents (Form 1022, Birth Cert, Passport)to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au and after few days they will send you HAP ID. They call it "paper health" request.

This morning they generate HAP ID and ask for report from GP and sign the consent form behalf of my newborn. 

I think this will help you. 

CO: Sophorn Chea 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jean said:

It’s been long long waiting for us , 17 months and 2 weeks , nearly 3 months after the first contact and updated all docs within the time frame but no response yet from CO . Applied through agent and he just enquired via email but no reply , just wondering that, can we send the complaint  if our agent is not sending ?  As usual called immi and the same reply . 

Ideally your consultant should lodge a complaint; having said so you can also do that all you need is your file no. Since you are applicant hence you can call or lodge complaint without any issues. Also you must do it its high time. All the best!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, abhishek said:

Dear all, need your guidance recently I have received 489 visa invitation SA. Please guide should I opt for this Visa or wait for 189 or 190. My profession is University Lecturer having PhD & my wife did Msc chemistry, Bachelor of education & Masters of Education.

For189 I have 70 points & for 190 I have 75  points.

I have following questions: 

Considering my points what option should I select. Should I go for 189/190/489. Any possibility this s ore reduced.

In SA for 489 Visa is children education is free. I have two kids one is 4 and second is 5 years old.

While taking medical insurance do we still there is any extra costs on medical. How much does it cost monthly.

Is it possible to get job i.e. 35 hrs per week to satisfy the criteria which type of jobs ate available in SA & avg. salary.

Do we need to appear for IELTS/PTE exam again for 887.

Best and not costly area to live in South Australia. What about avg cost of living for 4 people.

Can we call our parents in 489 visa.

 

please guide. 

Hi,

489 is a ultra shit visa. 189 the best or at least 190. Both are permanent residence visas.

Adelaide best to live if you have good job. State sponsorship is a bloody joke.

They just dump people here and you have to look after yourself.

Jobs are hard even odd jobs.

No need to do IELTS again for 887 , If your spouse did the higher studies in English medium.

Schools free for 489 but some schools you have to pay around $500 per year.

Monthly expenses would be around $ 3000 for month. Its for just food and rental for 4 family.

Do better research before come or come your self first and study the situation at least one month. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

I submitted my 887 application on 28/03/2018. 

My 18 months son who was born in Australia is having global development delay. We did his health assessment and after that department ask us to submit letter from specialist. So we did health assessment from pediatric and submitted the letter to department. 

Now status of my son's health assessment is: "health assessed – wait for further advice from the department".

I am not sure how department consider child with development delay mild stones. Anyone faced similar problem in this group?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Prashant R said:

Hi All,

I submitted my 887 application on 28/03/2018. 

My 18 months son who was born in Australia is having global development delay. We did his health assessment and after that department ask us to submit letter from specialist. So we did health assessment from pediatric and submitted the letter to department. 

Now status of my son's health assessment is: "health assessed – wait for further advice from the department".

I am not sure how department consider child with development delay mild stones. Anyone faced similar problem in this group?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

 

 

I dont know whether this helps but sometime back i had read a case hence attaching a link; i think it should not be a problem as precedence is set now. Please read this article and all the best!! https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/05/family-who-faced-deportation-from-australia-because-of-deaf-son-granted-permanent-residency

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S_SHAH said:

Hi Dave

Send all your child documents (Form 1022, Birth Cert, Passport)to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au and after few days they will send you HAP ID. They call it "paper health" request.

This morning they generate HAP ID and ask for report from GP and sign the consent form behalf of my newborn. 

I think this will help you. 

CO: Sophorn Chea 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ken said:

Hi everyone,

I finally received golden emails from CO Peter, just about 5 minutes ago,

Submitted on 4/7/2018

First CO Sophorn: 23/5/2018 for AFP

Granted today Co Peter 25/7/2018

I, my wife and my newborn baby had PR at the same time. My baby medical had done before when I submitted Passport and Birth Certificate for her back in June. Thank you very much everyone.

 

More importantly, I lodged complains last week, got reply on Monday and today visa granted.

Congratulations @Ken. @Jeremy Fingers crossed, we might be next soon... 

@Ken Where did you submit your complain?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ken said:

Hi everyone,

I finally received golden emails from CO Peter, just about 5 minutes ago,

Submitted on 4/7/2018

First CO Sophorn: 23/5/2018 for AFP

Granted today Co Peter 25/7/2018

I, my wife and my newborn baby had PR at the same time. My baby medical had done before when I submitted Passport and Birth Certificate for her back in June. Thank you very much everyone.

 

More importantly, I lodged complains last week, got reply on Monday and today visa granted.

Awesome congrats!!! Can you please fix dates🙏

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dee said:

Ideally your consultant should lodge a complaint; having said so you can also do that all you need is your file no. Since you are applicant hence you can call or lodge complaint without any issues. Also you must do it its high time. All the best!

Please send me the correct  link or email to lodge a complaint ? Does it work? Do we get any reply after sending email? How long we have to wait for reply? Really we are worrying about the decision and we are in bridging now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, abhishek said:

Dear all, need your guidance recently I have received 489 visa invitation SA. Please guide should I opt for this Visa or wait for 189 or 190. My profession is University Lecturer having PhD & my wife did Msc chemistry, Bachelor of education & Masters of Education.

For189 I have 70 points & for 190 I have 75  points.

I have following questions: 

Considering my points what option should I select. Should I go for 189/190/489. Any possibility this s ore reduced.

In SA for 489 Visa is children education is free. I have two kids one is 4 and second is 5 years old.

While taking medical insurance do we still there is any extra costs on medical. How much does it cost monthly.

Is it possible to get job i.e. 35 hrs per week to satisfy the criteria which type of jobs ate available in SA & avg. salary.

Do we need to appear for IELTS/PTE exam again for 887.

Best and not costly area to live in South Australia. What about avg cost of living for 4 people.

Can we call our parents in 489 visa.

 

please guide. 

If i were you, i’m going for 489, you already have it in your hands. The time is very critical this days, you will never know what would happened tom, policies keep on changing all the time.

But the decision is still yours, you go what do you think best for you.

Goodluck and god bless.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ken said:

No. You cant create HAP ID by yourself. When I sent my baby documents, I kindly asked them to create hapid for my baby, then the officer from Skillsupport created for me and he did medical clearance for my baby as well.

Okie. Thanks for the information.

In my application it is saying that no medical requirement for my daughter. But, the CO will ask medical i am pretty sure about that. So can I ask to create HAP ID BEFORE MY FILE WILL OPENED?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saar said:

Okie. Thanks for the information.

In my application it is saying that no medical requirement for my daughter. But, the CO will ask medical i am pretty sure about that. So can I ask to create HAP ID BEFORE MY FILE WILL OPENED?

yes you can ask. Please call them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Honey said:

yes you can ask. Please call them.

u asked also  Or u just guessing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jean said:

It’s been long long waiting for us , 17 months and 2 weeks , nearly 3 months after the first contact and updated all docs within the time frame but no response yet from CO . Applied through agent and he just enquired via email but no reply , just wondering that, can we send the complaint  if our agent is not sending ?  As usual called immi and the same reply . 

I applied through agent as well......I sent in a complaint letter and my agent told me they sent the reply to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I have one question if anybody could help. I am on 489 and my wife got a visitor visa. luckily Visa doesn't have NO further stay condition.  So does it mean when I get 887 I can apply a partner visa? if so then will she have work rights too? Really appreciate if someone could answer. 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dee said:

Awesome congrats!!! Can you please fix dates🙏

haha, thank you. I was just over-happy yesterday and could not sleep

9 hours ago, Jean said:

Please send me the correct  link or email to lodge a complaint ? Does it work? Do we get any reply after sending email? How long we have to wait for reply? Really we are worrying about the decision and we are in bridging now. 

here is the link I use

 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KC01 said:

Guys I have one question if anybody could help. I am on 489 and my wife got a visitor visa. luckily Visa doesn't have NO further stay condition.  So does it mean when I get 887 I can apply a partner visa? if so then will she have work rights too? Really appreciate if someone could answer. 

Thanks,

My friend is a bit different with your case as she was on last 2 weeks of student visa, her bf who is Australian applied partner visa, so her student visa was changed to partner TR visa. Therefore, I think your case will work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats for the guys got the grants. I am a silent follower in this group and expecting to lodge my 887 by mid August. Please advise based on my situation. 

Landed in Regional NSW on 5/8/17

Moved to Melbourne 25/1/18 ( i came on  a Family Sponsor)

Went overseas for 2 weeks, so planning to lodge around 17/8/19.

The question is My wife not lived here for 2 years yet ( arrived here on 3/12/17) so by the time i apply , she will be 4 months short to satisfy 2 year criteria. 

does this applicable to secondary applicant too ? i am the main applicant .

Please advise.

Thanks 

Deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use