887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, 887 2019 said:

i have send an email to them today for progress of my application applied in july 2018 . and i got auto noreply email saying one these

Thanks for that...

I'm happy for all the applicants up to June 2018. Truly hope that they all receive their golden email sooner than ever. 

That hopefully will mean then that they will clear the path and July and August will be in sight... (I'm end of August - still al long wait, but getting closer)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ashi said:

Hello Seniors,

Please let me know the link of Australian police check and also for how much time it is valid?

Thanks in advance !!!

Please use this link and you will get all the information. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks; most police checks have one year validity including Australian.

16 hours ago, Harsh_ said:

Hello everyone,

I'm Harsh. Is there anyone who has been through or can answer these questions please?

Immigration has asked me: 

1 year work specified Regional Area

Please provide certified copies of your evidence of employment in a specified regional area of Australia for at least 1 year as the holder of eligible visa. Evidence of employment may include but not limited to: 

1. Contract of employment
2. Pay slips, please advice your playslips submitted is not reflective of the income deposit in your account. 
3. Taxation documents
4. Bank statements showing regular salary payments 
5. Superannuation 
6. Driver's licence 

I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THESE DOCUMENTS BEFORE. 

*I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THE GROUP CERTIFICATE. Is that the reason the payslips submitted is not reflective of the income deposit in my account? 
I HAVE BEEN WORKING, LIVING TRUTHFULLY 100% IN THE REGIONAL AREA FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS NOW. 

PLEASE ADVICE. 

Apart from this, do I need to show any current work experience? Any thoughtful advice is welcome. 

Thanks heaps in advance. 🙏

PS: I applied for 887 in June 2018. 

they may need more evidences from you, so just provide the group certification. 

cheers,

Hello everyone, my name is Rupom. I am a silent follower of this group. I need some help from the lovely members of this group.

I am on a 489 visa (Regional skilled) and I have applied my 887 visa on 28th of March 2019. Obviously i don't expect my visa to be granted before 2020. I am in a horrible condition at the moment as I just lost my job and it's been 1 month and my wife is 2 months pregnant. I have been badly looking for jobs in regional Victoria but no luck as you all know how difficult it is to get a job in the regional area. I hope you understand my financial situation as not having a job for a month. I was wondering if there is any authorities email address where i can tell my situation with the proof, so that i can atleast work in a metro area until I get a job in a regional area. I need your valuable advise of what to do.

51 minutes ago, Rupom said:

Hello everyone, my name is Rupom. I am a silent follower of this group. I need some help from the lovely members of this group.

I am on a 489 visa (Regional skilled) and I have applied my 887 visa on 28th of March 2019. Obviously i don't expect my visa to be granted before 2020. I am in a horrible condition at the moment as I just lost my job and it's been 1 month and my wife is 2 months pregnant. I have been badly looking for jobs in regional Victoria but no luck as you all know how difficult it is to get a job in the regional area. I hope you understand my financial situation as not having a job for a month. I was wondering if there is any authorities email address where i can tell my situation with the proof, so that i can atleast work in a metro area until I get a job in a regional area. I need your valuable advise of what to do.

Sorry to hear your difficult situation but in any circumstance you can not leave regional area. It’s like you got visa for Australia but living in Canada and expecting Australian citizenships . If it is too difficult you can move to different regional area according to your visa condition. 

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2019 at 5:24 AM, abhishek said:

Dear all, need your guidance recently I have received 489 visa invitation SA. Please guide should I opt for this Visa or wait for 189 or 190. My profession is University Lecturer having PhD & my wife did Msc chemistry, Bachelor of education & Masters of Education.

For189 I have 70 points & for 190 I have 75  points.

I have following questions: 

Considering my points what option should I select. Should I go for 189/190/489. Any possibility this s ore reduced.

In SA for 489 Visa is children education is free. I have two kids one is 4 and second is 5 years old.

While taking medical insurance do we still there is any extra costs on medical. How much does it cost monthly.

Is it possible to get job i.e. 35 hrs per week to satisfy the criteria which type of jobs ate available in SA & avg. salary.

Do we need to appear for IELTS/PTE exam again for 887.

Best and not costly area to live in South Australia. What about avg cost of living for 4 people.

Can we call our parents in 489 visa.

please guide. 

189/ 190 is better if you can secure one,  but remember that 489 visa will end on 16th November therefore states will stop giving state nominations before this , if you have the  opportunity to secure 489 nomination and don't receive an invitation for 189 / 190 before 16th november  date then you can go ahead with  your 489 application , while it's in processing ( 6- 8 months appx) if you receive 189 / 190 invite then you can withdraw your 489 application and  lodge PR , if you don't lodge 489 and it ends and don't receive 189/190 invitation then you will have to apply for nomination from the state government for the newer version of 489 again which is 491 which has  much more strict criteria to fulfill than 489 

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

i am silent follower of this forum. i applied 887 on feb 10 2019 my currrent visa 489 expires tomorrow july 31.

i am working for software company they are in doubt that immigration granted me bridging visa a after i lodge 887 application.

when i try to check my bridge visa status is VEVO it errored out.

when will be active only after my current visa expires which is august 1. will immi send me another bridge visa active one ?

Regards,

Chandra

I have been a silent follower of this group and have finally signed up. I bumped onto this forum while seeking information whether the 489 bridging Visa period qualifies for 2yr requirement. Now, the home affairs website has updated this part and it is now clear that period does not qualify. The following is an excerpt from the website:

Have an eligible visa and be in Australia

Hide 

All applicants must be in Australia and hold an eligible visa at the time a subclass 887 visa application is made.

An eligible visa is a:

• subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

The person seeking to satisfy the primary criteria must also have held one or more of the following eligible visas for a total of 2 years before a subclass 887 visa application is made:

• 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487

Note: The person seeking to satisfy the primary criteria will be the person who seeks to meet the 887 work and residence requirements

It will automatically activate once your 489 expires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Emadh said:

Any Grants Today 😞

Hi All, 

We got our platinum grant today 3pm.😂😂😂

We spent 16 months and 29 days.

Applied 01/03/2018

1st contact 14/05/2019

Spouse English 

C/o Michael

2nd contact 17/06/2019

PCC name not tally with passport  name of the spouse.

C/o Ashish

Granted today by C/o Peter

Thank you very much for this wonderful forum, I have educated much and I relief my stress by updating.

I suggest you guys to submit all documents which are requested ( 887 check list) by home affairs web site. 

Wish you all to get the grants soon!

• Like 12

Hi guys, 

I've been looking for an active forum and discussions on visa 887 and came across this. Hope you guys can help me out :D 

I've applied for 887 on 25.11.18 from the granted 489 (family sponsored) on 22.11.16. During the period of 2 years, I traveled overseas for less than 4 weeks each year (23 days each year to be exact). I have been living with my uncle since 2011 till now. I share the bill with him and also the rent by bank transfer or cash, not in any formal records. I've worked for a small business (engineering consultant) since 2015 till now. I have a few questions regarding my application: 

1. Did I meet the residency requirement length of stay? I've been researching before I lodged my application and some agents said that as long as its less than 4 week per one trip (per year), I should not be worried about this. But some people in other forums says I have to make up the period I was away. This one got me scared the most as today I just surf the web and this question was brought up again and there's no real experience answer that I can find :(  What are your experience?

2. Because I don't have any formal records to support my rent. What I've submitted to prove my residency status was:

- A statutory declaration from my uncle and be witnessed and signed by a Justice of Peace, stating that I have been living with him since 2011 till now.  

- My car registration (with number plate shown) with a LINKT (the toll road company) statement for the whole 2 years period. Because I've traveled on Eastlink toll road on daily basis, and the statement lists all my trip history. 

- Credit card statement, Bank statement for the 2 years with all my payments made within my designated areas.

3. For work requirement, because my company is a small business, we don't really issue formal payslips or contracts. What I've submitted was: 

- Group certificates, Notice of Tax assessment, My individual superannuation account statement (with employers contribution shown)

- Employer's reference letter with signature from my boss and stating the full time hours per week along with my roles at the company 

Do you guys think my application was good to go and is there anything that you would suggest me to provide as additional documents? 

Many thanks! 

6 minutes ago, dhle said:

Hi guys, 

I've been looking for an active forum and discussions on visa 887 and came across this. Hope you guys can help me out 😄

I've applied for 887 on 25.11.18 from the granted 489 (family sponsored) on 22.11.16. During the period of 2 years, I traveled overseas for less than 4 weeks each year (23 days each year to be exact). I have been living with my uncle since 2011 till now. I share the bill with him and also the rent by bank transfer or cash, not in any formal records. I've worked for a small business (engineering consultant) since 2015 till now. I have a few questions regarding my application: 

1. Did I meet the residency requirement length of stay? I've been researching before I lodged my application and some agents said that as long as its less than 4 week per one trip (per year), I should not be worried about this. But some people in other forums says I have to make up the period I was away. This one got me scared the most as today I just surf the web and this question was brought up again and there's no real experience answer that I can find 😞 What are your experience?

2. Because I don't have any formal records to support my rent. What I've submitted to prove my residency status was:

- A statutory declaration from my uncle and be witnessed and signed by a Justice of Peace, stating that I have been living with him since 2011 till now.  

- My car registration (with number plate shown) with a LINKT (the toll road company) statement for the whole 2 years period. Because I've traveled on Eastlink toll road on daily basis, and the statement lists all my trip history. 

- Credit card statement, Bank statement for the 2 years with all my payments made within my designated areas.

3. For work requirement, because my company is a small business, we don't really issue formal payslips or contracts. What I've submitted was: 

- Group certificates, Notice of Tax assessment, My individual superannuation account statement (with employers contribution shown)

- Employer's reference letter with signature from my boss and stating the full time hours per week along with my roles at the company 

Do you guys think my application was good to go and is there anything that you would suggest me to provide as additional documents? 

Many thanks! 

1 and 2 should be ok,

for 3 ,  its best if you can  get payslips to confirm the hours you work if you are hired by your company as an employee they are legally required to issue a payslip within 1 day of pay day also since they are a legal requirement and part of record keeping requirements of fair work act payslips are usually considered a reliable way of confirming employment, so most probably co will come back to you asking for these and at that point you will have to ask your employer for payslips or get something in writing from the employer explaining that they do not provide payslips 

if you can , try and get the employer to issue you payslips even if it's simple it will help 

fair work site states that following info must be in payslips

A pay slip must include all of the following:

• the employer's name
  • the employer's ABN (if any)
  • the employee's name
  • the date of payment
  • the pay period
  • the gross and net amount of payment
  • any loadings (including casual loading), monetary allowances, bonuses, incentive-based payments, penalty rates, or other separately identifiable entitlement paid. For example, a note could be included on a pay slip that the hourly rate incorporates the relevant casual loading.

Additionally, where relevant, a pay slip must include any of the following:

• If the employee is paid an hourly pay rate, the ordinary hourly pay rate and the number of hours worked at that rate and the amount of payment made at that rate
  • If the employee is paid an annual rate of pay (salary), the rate as at the last day in the pay period
  • Any deductions made, including the name, or the name and number, of the fund or the account of each deduction
  • If the employer is required to make superannuation contributions for the benefit of the employee:
    • the amount of each contribution the employer made or is required to make during the pay period
    • the name, or name and number, of any superannuation fund into which the 

In addition to that , if you have to submit timesheets for work etc you can add them too