887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Meaning that the new 494 and 491 - which are the replacements for the 489 have Medicare from day 1? And Centrelink from day 1?

Whilst we had to wait until we applied for PR until we received Medicare (2 year minimum) ? Plus (with the new law effective 1 January 2019) that we have to wait 1 year from the date that we have received PR for any Family tax benefit and up to 4 year for any other Centrelink help...

Jeeeezzzz….unbelievable.... 

On top of that the long waiting period to even get our 887 assessed. 

Look, I'm usually very positive towards everything, but this truly blows my mind.

This is just a "candy" to lure new migrants into regional areas. 🙂 Simple.

Because government realise that with the new strict criteria not many will be brave enough to come to the bush and commit for 5 years with no right for parole and no benefits to lean on. 😄 😄 

But it is a positive happy change! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HelloMan said:

The worst thing you can do in this forum is to tell members the following,

'Living in regional area is only for two years out of four years in 489 visa duration. Once you have fulfilled meeting the requirement of staying two years in regional area and working full time for one year in regional area, one can move to metro area.'

No! The above is not true. Please do not suggest anything like this to anyone in 489 visa. Please do not confuse people. If you do not want to help anyone, that is fine but please do not misguide people. 

Not sure about your Visa Conditions, I am on Visa Subclass 496-Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Which later turned as 489) and my wife is on 489 in Victoria.  to be eligible to apply for 887,We have condition 8549 to live study and work anywhere in Australia except few Post codes such as Sydney, Newcasttel, Woolongong.

before filling my 887 I checked with immi over phone and they advised that i have to spend any 2 years out of my 4 years of Visa in Designated area( Except Excluded Post codes) but not neccessary in Reagional areas or Melbourne. I can also work accross Australia except Excluded Post codes.

I am sorry if you have different conditions on your visa.

Thanks

Sudip

Designated Area.JPG

496.JPG

• Like 1

hi guys, my friend just recently applied for 887 and she is planning to take a break from the regional and go back to her home country for 6 months, not sure how to advise I know there is no visa restriction for 489 holder to stay in home cournty but not sure if 6 months will affect her 887 application. Any suggestions will be appreciated.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

hi guys, my friend just recently applied for 887 and she is planning to take a break from the regional and go back to her home country for 6 months, not sure how to advise I know there is no visa restriction for 489 holder to stay in home cournty but not sure if 6 months will affect her 887 application. Any suggestions will be appreciated.  

Ideally should be OK; condition is not to work and live anywhere in Australia except specified Regional area. Visiting home country should be alright. Its important that she is onshore arounf decision on application.

• Like 1

@SUDIP if you scroll back in this forum, you will find that a few members 887 application was rejected as they moved to metro areas after fulfilling the two years. 'We have condition 8549 to live study and work anywhere in Australia except few Post codes such as Sydney, Newcastle, Woolongong' - this applies for all the four years, not just two years. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HelloMan said:

@SUDIP if you scroll back in this forum, you will find that a few members 887 application was rejected as they moved to metro areas after fulfilling the two years. 'We have condition 8549 to live study and work anywhere in Australia except few Post codes such as Sydney, Newcastle, Woolongong' - this applies for all the four years, not just two years. 

this is the case for 887 visa refusal due to moving to Sydney after submitting 887 : https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/286895-887-refusal-application.html

Please everyone, don't risk going to Metro while your 489 still valid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Russki said:

This is just a "candy" to lure new migrants into regional areas. 🙂 Simple.

Because government realise that with the new strict criteria not many will be brave enough to come to the bush and commit for 5 years with no right for parole and no benefits to lean on. 😄 😄 

But it is a positive happy change! 

Hahaha...just like us, fish like lure or candy, then wait and wait ....

Hi all. I have applied 887 on 13/9/18. Is there any way I can add my partner before the grant? I’m getting married on 1/12/19. If I get grant before this date, it’s fine. But what is the option for me if I don’t get grant even after marriage. Pls help. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, KC01 said:

No. You are free to go.  I have confirm with immi. You can call them and ask them. 

I believe you are talking after you complete 4 years and are on Bridging visa; please do correct my understanding if wrong...thanks

44 minutes ago, KC01 said:

But if you are on Bridging visa that is completely legal to move anywhere. 

Strange Refusal reason.

I got answered from Immi over movement that- To be eligible for 887, i have to Live 2 years (Anytime not continously) out of my 4 years in designated area and equivalent of 1 year full time job(37.5 Hrs Per week).  I can fly or go outside country/ Non Designated area for my Work. You can also fly outside country  for leisure during Annual leave.

I am waiting for 887. File is open, submitted all requested document But still in my Designated area.

Edited by SUDIP
spelling mistake

@SUDIP it seems that you are mixing up the requirements of applying for 887 visa with the conditions of 489 visa. To apply for 887 visa, you have to stay in regional for 2 years and work 1 year full time in regional area. This does not mean that once you are eligible to apply for 887 visa, you do not have to comply with 489 visa anymore. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SUDIP said:

Strange Refusal reason.

I got answered from Immi over movement that- To be eligible for 887, i have to Live 2 years (Anytime not continously) out of my 4 years in designated area and equivalent of 1 year full time job(37.5 Hrs Per week).  I can fly or go outside country/ Non Designated area for my Work. You can also fly outside country  for leisure during Annual leave.

I am waiting for 887. File is open, submitted all requested document But still in my Designated area.

Hi SUDIP, 

Did the Immi confirm with you that during the 2 years residency, we can travel overseas no more than  4 weeks each year (annual leave period)? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, dhle said:

Hi SUDIP, 

Did the Immi confirm with you that during the 2 years residency, we can travel overseas no more than  4 weeks each year (annual leave period)? Thanks 

Yes but on phone. i called their call centre. But will advise you to do your own as well.

10 minutes ago, HelloMan said:

@SUDIP it seems that you are mixing up the requirements of applying for 887 visa with the conditions of 489 visa. To apply for 887 visa, you have to stay in regional for 2 years and work 1 year full time in regional area. This does not mean that once you are eligible to apply for 887 visa, you do not have to comply with 489 visa anymore. 

I will check this with immi again, and update.

Dear Friends,

I am a silent follower of this amazing group.

Grant, Got our golden email today. CO great Peter.

Applied: 16th May 2018

First contact: 11th June 2019, asked for new born baby’s (born on 11th May 2019)passport and medical clearance by CO Wilson.

Medical clearance got on 13th June 2019 (sent/email (gsm) all hospital documents, birth certificates and letter from Gp to department after few days of baby born)

Complained/requested several times before baby born, didn’t work. So, frustrated.

Complained/requested again on last Tuesday by phone. But they told me that I am still in time frame. However, May be it worked.

Finally got it. Family with two kids. One is 9 years and little one is nearly 3 months.

English efficiency certificate from overseas university was good enough for my wife.

Thanks a lot. You guys are awesome.

I am as hkabir19 on tracker.

Thanks

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, Humayun said:

Dear Friends,

I am a silent follower of this amazing group.

Grant, Got our golden email today. CO great Peter.

Applied: 16th May 2018

First contact: 11th June 2019, asked for new born baby’s (born on 11th May 2019)passport and medical clearance by CO Wilson.

Medical clearance got on 13th June 2019 (sent/email (gsm) all hospital documents, birth certificates and letter from Gp to department after few days of baby born)

Complained/requested several times before baby born, didn’t work. So, frustrated.

Complained/requested again on last Tuesday by phone. But they told me that I am still in time frame. However, May be it worked.

Finally got it. Family with two kids. One is 9 years and little one is nearly 3 months.

English efficiency certificate from overseas university was good enough for my wife.

Thanks a lot. You guys are awesome.

I am as hkabir19 on tracker.

Thanks

Fantastic news, congrats and enjoy!

12 minutes ago, Vinh said:

Just wanna say: Fuck our lives here ;(((

5 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Keep the language civilized mate, no need for that

Thats fine we are adults here. Vinh is just taking pain out from his or her  chest. 

• Sad 1