887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 8/2/2019 at 4:29 PM, Cel said:

Applied on 30 Nov 2017

1st Contact: 7 Jun 18 - 1 yr employment & 2 yrs residency

2nd Contact: 26 July 18 - Further Evidence to support 1 yr employment and 2 yrs residency in regional area

3rd Contact: 30 April 19 - My eldest son's PCC (he went back to home country for 2 yrs National Service in Apr 2018)

May 2019 - I wrote a letter to Immi to ask for their advice....eldest son is currently in home country till Feb 2020 for National Service, 2nd son to go back to home country by end Dec 2019 for 2 yrs National Service till 2022. As 887 is an onshore application, the time when all will be onshore at the same time will be 2022. I told them my eldest son will be back on 2 August for 11 days break and they emailed my agent and asked him to let them know when my son gets back.

TODAY, my agent emailed them at 9.30am to inform them my son had touched down, the GRANT email arrived at 12.30pm. Finally after 20 long and agonizing months CO Sophorn gave us our long awaited GRANT!  Such a relief..... thanks to all members in the forum......the support here is fabulous!! Party time.......

Dear @Cel, I am so happy for you!!!!! 🙂 Congratulations! Your predicament was not easy, but it is all over now, enjoy your new life!!!! 🎉

• Like 3

Hi My name is Mallikarjun

I applied my 887 on 27/06/2018, still no reply from immigration

And my wife visa has been rejected last year for 3 years with 4020 conditional basis with the 489 subsequent entry application and my wife is been 7 months pregnant now.

And i already travelled 2 times in last 6 months with bridging visa B.

Is there any issues for my application?

Is there any solutions for my wife to take her to Australia? 

Dear Seniors,

i would like to ask for your advice regarding my case. I am preparing to apply for 887 in the next following month. 

My case is I want my husband to apply for 887 but all utilities bills and phone bills are under my name. He can only use bank account and home contract to proof of residency. Do you think it would be enough to proof residency? 

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks, 

2 hours ago, SINGH G said:

Someone pray for me.  This wait killing me everyday  did 4 complaints already 

I applied 21/10/17 last time contacted on 20/6/19 

Please add me in the prayer.

Applied 10/09/2017, last time and only one contacted on 15/12/2017 since then Bigggggggg Silent. Its been more than 20 months since my last contact.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, adam said:

I think you can’t move because I have asked my sponsor as I am not getting enough work at the regional besides that I have lost so many opportunities in the main cities 

what they have told me through an email is that you are still on your regional area till you get the decision on having your PR then can move .However,if you moved before that your current visa 489 will be cancelled as you will beach it’s con 

On 8/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, Emadh said:

Hi june/seniors 

If someone moved to regional area within three months of visa grant  will it be issue

Thanks in advance 

No, because that is the allowable time frame to moved to Regional.

But after this time frame, you MUST moved.

30 minutes ago, Lucky9 said:

Dear Seniors,

i would like to ask for your advice regarding my case. I am preparing to apply for 887 in the next following month. 

My case is I want my husband to apply for 887 but all utilities bills and phone bills are under my name. He can only use bank account and home contract to proof of residency. Do you think it would be enough to proof residency? 

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks, 

It is fine. You both need some proof of living in Regional area or Designated area to apply 887.

22 hours ago, Nanzz said:

send your stories and complains to senator Kristina Keneally too people she's the shadow minister for dep home affairs and citizenship , from obtaining 489 to applying for 887 we had to complete a very difficult journey and our efforts should not go unnoticed and should be valued rather than undermined , Having to put our plans of settling down permanently in Australia for 12 , 16 , 17 , 21 months is very unreasonable and unfair, they are proposing PR benefits for new 491 visa saying that they do not want these provisional visa holders to be disadvantaged compared to PR holders living in metro , what about us? we are not asking for any benefits from day one , we just want our applications to be processed and a decision delivered to us within a fair and reasonable time , we have paid our taxes , have been greatly disadvantaged by having to pass opportunities that could have made our future much more settled , our kids and family members have to put their future on hold or have their freedom restricted when it comes to studying or sometimes deciding a career to pursue , restrictions affect our lives on day to day basis , we have done the right thing , and completed requirements which are very straight forward and if out applications are put on hold not processed within a reasonable time by allocating more  just because we are not in priority processing program or just because they would like us to live in regional for a bit longer , that is just so unfair. so send your stories to senator Kristina people , the more of us reach out the more attention we can get towards 887 visa processing delay issue , be respectful and and tell her how this unfair delay affects all of us email is -     senator.keneally@aph.gov.au 

Also complain to commonwealth OMB

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/what-we-do

Thanks

On 8/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, dhle said:

Hi mate, may I ask what did you submit for the employment proof in the initial lodgement? I'm just curious to know why they asked for further employer letter. Thanks mate. 

Payslips, employment contract

59 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Applied 10/09/2017, last time and only one contacted on 15/12/2017 since then Bigggggggg Silent. Its been more than 20 months since my last contact.

complain letters will escalate things!

5 hours ago, Mallik Arjun said:

And my wife visa has been rejected last year for 3 years with 4020 conditional basis with the 489 subsequent entry application and my wife is been 7 months pregnant now.

This is a little tricky question. I think, you will be better off asking a migration agent - they may have a way of helping you. 🙂 

9 minutes ago, ricky21232 said:

Bro prayers and  complaints not working now a days .....

3 hours ago, Mallik Arjun said:

Did you submit your application through a mara registered agent? my understanding is that your wife will have to wait out the exclusion before she can apply for any permanent skilled migration visa or temporary visa 

• Like 1

Hello everyone please do  phone complain, that will make a quick response. Call on complain, suggestion and complement phone line 133 177. Three of us called them last week and got grant in few days after.  They will take it seriously for those who has crossed 17 months timeline. wish you all the best 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mirza said:

Hi, Are we allowed to live & work in ACT on 489? 

In low population areas immi has mentioned all states except ACT.

Hi Mirza,

ACT is not considered as a low population area. You cannot live and work there. This has been made clear to me in first meeting with regional sponsor 

1 hour ago, sam2018 said:

Hello everyone please do  phone complain, that will make a quick response. Call on complain, suggestion and complement phone line 133 177. Three of us called them last week and got grant in few days after.  They will take it seriously for those who has crossed 17 months timeline. wish you all the best 

They are not responding to complain any more.

I called them and get same response of wait.

Exactly 18 months of waiting now

887 Visa Timeline

Applied: 07/02/2018

Request for AFP Clearance: 20/11/2018, CO : Kimberly

Request for AFP Clearance: 01/05/2019; CO: Kimberly

17 months processing time elapsed

Complained via Global Feedback Unit: 27/07/2019 (based on other member's experience in this forum)

Complaint Acknowledge: 30/07/2019 (advise 15 working days to finalize visa)

Visa Granted: 05/08/2019

Global Feedback Unit Response: Peter wrote to confirm Visa granted ( I saw this email first before the grant which was already in my inbox @ 12:59pm)

Confession of another silent user of this very informative forum. I did my application myself and did not use an agent. I followed this forum to keep abreast of

matters arising. Keep up the good works and all the best to all awaiting the Golden email.

off to the next pit stop...

Ghost

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Lucky9 said:

Thank MZH, so you meant it is ok to just use bank statement and rental contract for main application? 

It is good to provide evidence of living documents both of your names. You can find out the lists of documents from 887 visa application check lists. 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

887 Visa Timeline

Applied: 07/02/2018

Request for AFP Clearance: 20/11/2018, CO : Kimberly

Request for AFP Clearance: 01/05/2019; CO: Kimberly

17 months processing time elapsed

Complained via Global Feedback Unit: 27/07/2019 (based on other member's experience in this forum)

Complaint Acknowledge: 30/07/2019 (advise 15 working days to finalize visa)

Visa Granted: 05/08/2019

Global Feedback Unit Response: Peter wrote to confirm Visa granted ( I saw this email first before the grant which was already in my inbox @ 12:59pm)

Confession of another silent user of this very informative forum. I did my application myself and did not use an agent. I followed this forum to keep abreast of

matters arising. Keep up the good works and all the best to all awaiting the Golden email.

off to the next pit stop...

Ghost

Congrats.  Enjoy you freedom.