sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

11 hours ago, Amir said:

Exactly not. But you can live and work in Queanbeyan where is in NSW and looks like a Canberra's suburb. But I mention you that you can never ever work in ACT.

One of a known friend to me moved recently to metro areas after he applied 887. I asked him and explained what I know about the visa condition, however, he did not stop so the decision is up to him. The argument he made was that though he is going to live in Metro he is not going to work in Metro so what he says is that if you are not working in metro authorities will not find out. But I asked him what about registration of the vehicle, drivers license, lease agreements, schooling for kids (as schools usually check what visa we are in) so what I wanted to say that there are some people who take the risk but I don't think that is an advisable or wise decision. 

So guys...we have been going through this just be positive and stay strong just a couple of more months...we all are resilient and can make this....we have come such a long way and just little bit more to go....cheers...

• Like 3

If we are going out of country for few weeks before 2 years and submitting 887 then how do we justify this break while applying 887. 

Can we get letter from employer for leaves and submit it along with 887 application or no need to provide any document until asked ?

11 minutes ago, Roma said:

So guys...we have been going through this just be positive and stay strong just a couple of more months...we all are resilient and can make this....we have come such a long way and just little bit more to go....cheers...

Indeed, just a little bit more...hang in there everybody! Do not lose faith!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roma said:

One of a known friend to me moved recently to metro areas after he applied 887. I asked him and explained what I know about the visa condition, however, he did not stop so the decision is up to him. The argument he made was that though he is going to live in Metro he is not going to work in Metro so what he says is that if you are not working in metro authorities will not find out. But I asked him what about registration of the vehicle, drivers license, lease agreements, schooling for kids (as schools usually check what visa we are in) so what I wanted to say that there are some people who take the risk but I don't think that is an advisable or wise decision. 

The argument is you can go to metro city without changing your residency address and you do not work. In this case you are not breaching the condition. 

It is like you are visiting sydney for 3 or 6 month vacation. 

If you are on a bridging visa you are free to go anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Roma said:

We don't want to live with that fear and guilt for the rest of our life in Australia knowing that we are doing something wrong without sucking it up for a few more months but surprisingly there are people like this friend who tries to game the system and that delays files of all other genuine people too because this person is clearly willingly breaching visa conditions and do not even deserve to be  in the processing Que using up immi resources , co's time that can be used to assess another genuine applicant who does the right thing and suffer in regional 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Amir said:

Exactly not. But you can live and work in Queanbeyan where is in NSW and looks like a Canberra's suburb. But I mention you that you can never ever work in ACT.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Re posting again:-

If we are going out of country for few weeks before 2 years and submitting 887 then how do we justify this break while applying 887. 

Can we get letter from employer for leaves and submit it along with 887 application or no need to provide any document until asked ?

9 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Re posting again:-

No need to worry; in a year you can go on annual leave etc. for atleast 4 weeks and need no justification. This is acceptable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

@nudgee

Any idea if the petition has been sent to authorities now that it reached over 2500 signatures?

yea they sent it to the big bosses as the next update will be 5000 signatures. 

7 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Meaning that per 2500 signatures it will be sent to authorities over and over again until they hear us? 

Can someone help me with one query. I have already applied for my 887 visa n it’s almost 10 mnths now. Can I take admission in Canberra university as I live in queanbeyan. Thanks

Can someone help me with one query. I have already applied for my 887 visa n it’s almost 10 mnths now. Can I take admission in Canberra university as I live in queanbeyan. Thanks

32 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I think they will keep doubling the number so it will be 5000, 10000, 20000 ... but I dont think we can go too far . because 887 does not have media support. I know they did look at a case where there is 50000 signatures.. 

• Sad 2

For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

Al quran

Hi All,

I Finally received my grant email today alhamdulillah. 

i applied on 15/june 2018

First contact on 24 june 2019 requesting wife english and form 80

second contact on 3 july received pre grant as my family was on overseas 

My family  came on 28 july and we notified immigration

we finally received our grant today

Thank you so much to everyone for the guidance , love and support

i wish and pray everyone will receive the golden email soon

• Like 17

Is there any idea for lodge complaint?

How can I do that?

Is there any form or phone number or anything else that I can go to?

1 hour ago, Emadh said:

Al quran

Hi All,

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

Hello Seniors,

Please confirm what documents needs to JP certified while applying 887?

16 hours ago, Emadh said:

Al quran

Hi All,

Congratulations on your grant, now you can start enjoying your new life!

• Like 1