887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Delfin said:

See my comments from few hours ago.. My agent called immi today.. they gave her stupid answer basically... When the immi website says 887 applications will be processed "in the order that they are received", don't believe it.. it's total crap!

How I get this list

please tell me

2 hours ago, Delfin said:

Does anyone here know if it’s allowed to apply for 2 visas at the same time?

My 489 is about to expire, and I’m thinking about lodging another 887 application because i have gathered more supporting documents after i lodged my first 887 application. Just to be on the safe side as section48 will immediately apply to me once my 489 is expired. 

I really need your points of view senior members @Russki @Honey @Vinh...

Hi Delfin,

While your 489 is still valid and you are eligible for 887, you can apply for 887 right away. After applying, you can add more docs for proofs. Once your 489 is expired, your bridging is officially active.

1 hour ago, Vinh said:

Hi Delfin,

While your 489 is still valid and you are eligible for 887, you can apply for 887 right away. After applying, you can add more docs for proofs. Once your 489 is expired, your bridging is officially active.

Hey @Vinh, do you know if we can use work & residency documents that we acquired AFTER we lodged our 887 application?

On 8/7/2019 at 3:47 PM, nudgee said:

yea they sent it to the big bosses as the next update will be 5000 signatures. 

Can someone help me with one query. I have already applied for my 887 visa n it’s almost 10 mnths now. Can I take admission in Canberra university as I live in queanbeyan. Thanks

26 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Hey @Vinh, do you know if we can use work & residency documents that we acquired AFTER we lodged our 887 application?

I think it is possible because a lot of time case officers asked people to provide more evidence after they applied. They cant reject your visa. If they need more just submit more.

Many congratulations to all who have got their grants.i v been waiting 19months now and unfortunately immi is not moved by my polite requests for my file to be finalized after submitting all required documents in may.in all honesty no one can understand immigration at the moment except for those who have received their grants😄

Hello there,

I received first notice from CO today asking for further documents; especially spouse's functional English. I uploaded previous one when I first applied for 489 visa and the CO said it is expired because she took it in 2015. As far as I know, I can submit the one when I did with 489 visa can't I??? Is there anybody who had the same issue with me? I don't know she can take the exam and get the mark at a time and if she can't, it will be long, long waiting again and lots of money! Nightmare!!!. Her English isn't very good as she's always been looking after 3 kids at home. Does she have to take the test to get the mark??? (4.5 overall, no below 4.0???)

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

5 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Hello people, I know its a very quite time we are passing through. Hopefully it will not last long. As I was curious about one thing, immigration is processing until 29/6 last year. As few of my friends applied in early july has no contact from immigration yet. On our tracker it showing people from July has been granted. Do yoh think It's legit though? How comd people from 11,15,18 got grant and people applied in first week of july got no response. For me It's a big questionable, what do you think guys. 99d7067e7695844b87d29999ef0d05ca.jpg

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

And how come ppl like us from april ar3 still waiting 😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joshua said:

Hello there,

I received first notice from CO today asking for further documents; especially spouse's functional English. I uploaded previous one when I first applied for 489 visa and the CO said it is expired because she took it in 2015. As far as I know, I can submit the one when I did with 489 visa can't I??? Is there anybody who had the same issue with me? I don't know she can take the exam and get the mark at a time and if she can't, it will be long, long waiting again and lots of money! Nightmare!!!. Her English isn't very good as she's always been looking after 3 kids at home. Does she have to take the test to get the mark??? (4.5 overall, no below 4.0???)

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

She can acquire a certificate from uni/ college stating, "the course medium was in english" .. that is considered as an authentic doc in terms of fulfilling criteria. I hope this helps

20 hours ago, TAN said:

Hi Everyone, 

Finally I got my golden email after 11 years of stay in Australia. 👏💃

Applied: 7/5/2018

First CO Katherine contact for baby medical on 26/6/2019. Baby medical submitted to department on 2/7/2019. Also done baby photo stat dec on 5/8/2019.

Granted : 13/8/2019.

CO: Rajani.

I’m over the moon! Can’t express the happiness and really grateful for this forum friends,

Special Thanks to @Bern83, @Russki, @peace_at_heart And @Honey

@Bern83  I wish you will get your grant with in this week too. 

Note: I did a polite request to grant my  visa on comment and complain online as per this forum. 

@TANCongrats and enjoy your new life 

can you please post the text comment which you have requested through the online complaint 

thanks 

22 hours ago, TAN said:

Hi Everyone, 

First CO Katherine contact for baby medical on 26/6/2019. Baby medical submitted to department on 2/7/2019. Also done baby photo stat dec on 5/8/2019.

I’m over the moon! Can’t express the happiness and really grateful for this forum friends,

Note: I did a polite request to grant my  visa on comment and complain online as per this forum. 

Hi TAN,

Congrats to you and your family. 

Let's keep making this country a better place everyday.

Stay Blessed!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4h June said:

Hi seniors, I have been contacted by case officer  in June 2019. I have uploaded all the requested documents but now AFP is getting expired soon. Should I apply for new AFP or wait for case officer???? 

If I was you, I would apply for a new AFP, as you don't want it to expire before your grant. If it does expire, they will ask for a new AFP and that will just increase your processing time. This is just my opinion.

10 hours ago, Joshua said:

Hello there,

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

Who is co and what else did they request

Hello there,

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately the functional English score is only valid for one year, so in my opinion she will have to take the test again. I presume she hasn't been to university, with English as an instruction language, as you stated that her English isn't very well. So the advise from someone else to supply university letter will not work in this instance. 

7 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately the functional English score is only valid for one year, so in my opinion she will have to take the test again. I presume she hasn't been to university, with English as an instruction language, as you stated that her English isn't very well. So the advise from someone else to supply university letter will not work in this instance.  

@Joshua Bern83 is correct in this case. She will need to take her IELTS test again. But now that she has been in an English environment for over 2, possibly even over 3 years now she is most likely to do fine on her test.

We know it is hard, but this is the very last hurdle you and your family will have to take. 

Your grant is at reach now.

Hello there,

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

Hi Joshua

Your wife must write IELTS again and get overall 4.5 

You mentioned that this is the first contact by CO, Shall you please advise what's your application date?? 

Guys, sometimes people ask about the second instalment payment for partner's English.

Just noticed that Home Affairs slightly updated info on the website.

Now it is

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, TAN said:

Hi Everyone, 

Congratulations Dear. Very happy for you.

1 hour ago, Megrand1 said:

Guys, sometimes people ask about the second instalment payment for partner's English.

Just noticed that Home Affairs slightly updated info on the website.

Now it is

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

Hi Megranda1

This is always there in home affairs 

If you do not like to do IELTS or Do not have studies in English you can opt for this option of second installment I believe its around $4500

Edited by wincivil