sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

26 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Hey @Vinh, do you know if we can use work & residency documents that we acquired AFTER we lodged our 887 application?

I think it is possible because a lot of time case officers asked people to provide more evidence after they applied. They cant reject your visa. If they need more just submit more.

Many congratulations to all who have got their grants.i v been waiting 19months now and unfortunately immi is not moved by my polite requests for my file to be finalized after submitting all required documents in may.in all honesty no one can understand immigration at the moment except for those who have received their grants😄

Hello there,

I received first notice from CO today asking for further documents; especially spouse's functional English. I uploaded previous one when I first applied for 489 visa and the CO said it is expired because she took it in 2015. As far as I know, I can submit the one when I did with 489 visa can't I??? Is there anybody who had the same issue with me? I don't know she can take the exam and get the mark at a time and if she can't, it will be long, long waiting again and lots of money! Nightmare!!!. Her English isn't very good as she's always been looking after 3 kids at home. Does she have to take the test to get the mark??? (4.5 overall, no below 4.0???)

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

5 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Hello people, I know its a very quite time we are passing through. Hopefully it will not last long. As I was curious about one thing, immigration is processing until 29/6 last year. As few of my friends applied in early july has no contact from immigration yet. On our tracker it showing people from July has been granted. Do yoh think It's legit though? How comd people from 11,15,18 got grant and people applied in first week of july got no response. For me It's a big questionable, what do you think guys. 99d7067e7695844b87d29999ef0d05ca.jpg

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

And how come ppl like us from april ar3 still waiting 😂😂

• Like 1

Please help Seniors

Hello Seniors,

Please suggest, my son goes to Kindy, hence what documents are needed for education.

I have invoices of fees paid...

Regards

Ashish Vashisht

2 hours ago, Joshua said:

Hello there,

I received first notice from CO today asking for further documents; especially spouse's functional English. I uploaded previous one when I first applied for 489 visa and the CO said it is expired because she took it in 2015. As far as I know, I can submit the one when I did with 489 visa can't I??? Is there anybody who had the same issue with me? I don't know she can take the exam and get the mark at a time and if she can't, it will be long, long waiting again and lots of money! Nightmare!!!. Her English isn't very good as she's always been looking after 3 kids at home. Does she have to take the test to get the mark??? (4.5 overall, no below 4.0???)

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

She can acquire a certificate from uni/ college stating, "the course medium was in english" .. that is considered as an authentic doc in terms of fulfilling criteria. I hope this helps

20 hours ago, TAN said:

Hi Everyone, 

Finally I got my golden email after 11 years of stay in Australia. 👏💃

Applied: 7/5/2018

First CO Katherine contact for baby medical on 26/6/2019. Baby medical submitted to department on 2/7/2019. Also done baby photo stat dec on 5/8/2019.

Granted : 13/8/2019.

CO: Rajani.

I’m over the moon! Can’t express the happiness and really grateful for this forum friends,

Special Thanks to @Bern83, @Russki, @peace_at_heart And @Honey

@Bern83  I wish you will get your grant with in this week too. 

Note: I did a polite request to grant my  visa on comment and complain online as per this forum. 

@TANCongrats and enjoy your new life 

can you please post the text comment which you have requested through the online complaint 

thanks 

22 hours ago, TAN said:

Hi Everyone, 

First CO Katherine contact for baby medical on 26/6/2019. Baby medical submitted to department on 2/7/2019. Also done baby photo stat dec on 5/8/2019.

I’m over the moon! Can’t express the happiness and really grateful for this forum friends,

Note: I did a polite request to grant my  visa on comment and complain online as per this forum. 

Hi TAN,

Congrats to you and your family. 

Let's keep making this country a better place everyday.

Stay Blessed!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4h June said:

Hi seniors, I have been contacted by case officer  in June 2019. I have uploaded all the requested documents but now AFP is getting expired soon. Should I apply for new AFP or wait for case officer???? 

If I was you, I would apply for a new AFP, as you don't want it to expire before your grant. If it does expire, they will ask for a new AFP and that will just increase your processing time. This is just my opinion.

10 hours ago, Joshua said:

Hello there,

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

Who is co and what else did they request

Hello there,

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately the functional English score is only valid for one year, so in my opinion she will have to take the test again. I presume she hasn't been to university, with English as an instruction language, as you stated that her English isn't very well. So the advise from someone else to supply university letter will not work in this instance. 

7 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately the functional English score is only valid for one year, so in my opinion she will have to take the test again. I presume she hasn't been to university, with English as an instruction language, as you stated that her English isn't very well. So the advise from someone else to supply university letter will not work in this instance.  

@Joshua Bern83 is correct in this case. She will need to take her IELTS test again. But now that she has been in an English environment for over 2, possibly even over 3 years now she is most likely to do fine on her test.

We know it is hard, but this is the very last hurdle you and your family will have to take. 

Your grant is at reach now.

Hello there,

Thanks in advance guys,

Josh

Hi Joshua

Your wife must write IELTS again and get overall 4.5 

You mentioned that this is the first contact by CO, Shall you please advise what's your application date?? 

Guys, sometimes people ask about the second instalment payment for partner's English.

Just noticed that Home Affairs slightly updated info on the website.

Now it is

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, TAN said:

Hi Everyone, 

Congratulations Dear. Very happy for you.

21 hours ago, Saar said:

Hi , 

Should I choose Complain or Suggestion ?

Complaint 

1 hour ago, Megrand1 said:

Guys, sometimes people ask about the second instalment payment for partner's English.

Just noticed that Home Affairs slightly updated info on the website.

Now it is

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

Hi Megranda1

This is always there in home affairs 

If you do not like to do IELTS or Do not have studies in English you can opt for this option of second installment I believe its around $4500

Edited by wincivil

2 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi Megranda1

If you do not like to do IELTS or Do not have studies in English you can opt for this option of second installment I believe its around $4500

Hi guys,

just a question regarding spouse functional English 

How long the ielts/ OET certificate is valid ? 

Thank you very much 

14 minutes ago, Hope said:

Hi guys,

just a question regarding spouse functional English 

How long the ielts/ OET certificate is valid ? 

Thank you very much 

For secondary applicant it is valid for only 1 year 

It seems that today is the day for asking, 'how long is IELTS test valid for?'

Some other day it will be, 'how long are police certificates valid for?'

Another day it will be, 'do I have to certify all my documents?'

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi Megranda1

I already paid this when I applied for 489 so I don't have to do anything.

Just posted for people's convenience

7 minutes ago, HelloMan said:

Some other day it will be, 'how long are police certificate valid for?'

😂 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HelloMan said:

Some other day it will be, 'how long are police certificate valid for?'

One of the best posts ever seen in this forum. Do you know how long your comment will be valid?

• Haha 2

most states will close 489 next week, it’s the end of this visa. There will be a few months where the home affaires will not receive new 489 application, hopefully they can work on 887 instead , good luck guys !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I already paid this when I applied for 489 so I don't have to do anything.

Just posted for people's convenience

I don't think so you must pay again because you apply for different visa now which is 887

For example secondary applicants who submitted IELTS during 489 needs to write IELTS again and submit again during 887 because it is valid for 1yr only

Edited by wincivil
  • Like 1