887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 8/13/2019 at 2:14 PM, Bern83 said:

Congratulations on your grant and enjoy your new life!

many congrats on your grant and keep praying who in que...i would like to ask what benefits we can get on 887 as i heard that there will be 4 yers more waiting time to get social security benefits...is this news right or not...thanks 

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Most likely, it means "Very Bad". 😄 But seriously, not sure... 

Just checked - it means nothing, just a visa class. 887 is a subclass.

or means it has a Virtual barrier , 887 looks straight forward but then they confine us in this barrier for 16 - 17 months before granting 887 

2 hours ago, Ahmad said:

Hi , Just 2 month before I have applied for 887 visa .However , 4 of my payslips (Among 52 ) are less than 35 hours (2 Nos 33.75 ,2 Nos 34 hrs each).Will it be a problem for visa grant or anyone have any experience about that? I can add 4 more payslips which are 40 hours per week but they were completed after the date I applied for 887.

also what was your employment status ( casual, part time or full time ) when you got these under 35hpw payslips?

2 hours ago, Russki said:

This shouldn't be a problem, we had this situation before and members got their grants. But please do not add post-application date documents, they will not be considered. 🙂 If you are really worried, add a couple of 35+ payslips from before you applied for visa. If you don't have them, don't worry. You are safe. 🙂 

@Russki do you by chance know that if we can use Medicare for our kid who is taking speech therapy and it won’t effect on our file to use Medicare as it is not some serious illness ?

1 hour ago, dar8 said:

or means it has a Virtual barrier , 887 looks straight forward but then they confine us in this barrier for 16 - 17 months before granting 887 

Guys thank for your VB clarification , i made the application as thats the only 887 available there to go with. 

the best meaning i chose  was "virtual barrier" 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ahmad said:

casual

it's true that people have been granted 887 if they were a couple of payslips short of 35 hours , but if your employment status in reference letter states casual there is a possibility that the co will go through all payslip to verify work requirement , if you don't have 35 hour payslips you obtained before the application date then you have two choices , 1 . to remain positive and wait hoping that co will consider those four payslips under 35 hours ( note that - 4 payslips is close to one month out of 1 year requirement) towards full time requirement , you will not know if this will be accepted unless co asks about these or send a refusal or a grant so you will spend your time worrying about those 4 payslips , 2. Withdraw the application and resubmit with 4 more payslips , you have the peace of mind that your application is complete and no issues in it , it's only been two months so hopefully this will only delay your grant by a couple of months but better than spending another 10- 14 months living in doubt  , it's true they have considered under 35 payslips in past but remember there  is no guarantee that they will consider them in future , co's can accept or refuse to accept those payslips on their discretion  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, amina umar said:

many congrats on your grant and keep praying who in que...i would like to ask what benefits we can get on 887 as i heard that there will be 4 yers more waiting time to get social security benefits...is this news right or not...thanks  

Hi @Nsingh, unfortunately this is correct. Please have a look at the following link. You will find the waiting times there that will be applied to you from the date that you receive your PR. Different benefits have different waiting times. Some are 1 year, other 2 and some are even 4 years. These waiting times have become in effect from 1/1/2019. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/topics/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period/30726

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nsingh said:

@Russki do you by chance know that if we can use Medicare for our kid who is taking speech therapy and it won’t effect on our file to use Medicare as it is not some serious illness ?

Hi @Nsingh, I doubt this can have an affect on your processing. 🙂 This is of course just my opinion, maybe, other members may know more about it?

In medical terms, what immigration is normally not happy about is: certain contagious diseases (like Hepatitis, AIDS etc), some chronic illnesses that will cost the Government a lot of money in the long run, and also some illnesses that demand medical services that are already in short supply (here they are worried that some Australians may miss out on crucial life-saving treatment while migrants get it before them). 

Speech therapy sounds like it does not belong to any of these categories. 🙂😉  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dar8 said:

it's true that people have been granted 887 if they were a couple of payslips short of 35 hours , but if your employment status in reference letter states casual there is a possibility that the co will go through all payslip to verify work requirement , if you don't have 35 hour payslips you obtained before the application date then you have two choices , 1 . to remain positive and wait hoping that co will consider those four payslips under 35 hours ( note that - 4 payslips is close to one month out of 1 year requirement) towards full time requirement , you will not know if this will be accepted unless co asks about these or send a refusal or a grant so you will spend your time worrying about those 4 payslips , 2. Withdraw the application and resubmit with 4 more payslips , you have the peace of mind that your application is complete and no issues in it , it's only been two months so hopefully this will only delay your grant by a couple of months but better than spending another 10- 14 months living in doubt  , it's true they have considered under 35 payslips in past but remember there  is no guarantee that they will consider them in future , co's can accept or refuse to accept those payslips on their discretion  

Hey @dar8, agree with all you've said, spot on! If CO wants to be difficult, they will pull the plug on those 4 payslips.

But on the other hand, I still think it is pretty safe in this situation - those 4 payslips are only very marginally short of 35 hours - it is not like they are only 20 or 25 hours per week, but like few minutes to an hour short of 35. 🙂 So "wait and remain hopeful" may be a good option here...🙂😉 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, nudgee said:

today is officially the last day of 489, all states close its 489 application. god bless all 489 holders  

When does the subclass 489 visa end?

The Government has announced that EOI applications for the subclass 489 visa will close on 10 September 2019, which is also the deadline for states to issue any invitations for the visa.

If you are invited to apply for the subclass 489 visa by 10 September 2019, you must lodge your visa application by 16 November 2019.

(this is from some agency website, not sure how true it is 🙂 )

• Like 2

When does the subclass 489 visa end?

The Government has announced that EOI applications for the subclass 489 visa will close on 10 September 2019, which is also the deadline for states to issue any invitations for the visa.

If you are invited to apply for the subclass 489 visa by 10 September 2019, you must lodge your visa application by 16 November 2019.

(this is from some agency website, not sure how true it is [emoji846] )

Yea 10th September is the last day DHA stop issuing invitation for 489, but I been following some state government website and they close the 489 application earlier because they need time to review documents before 10th September, so literally no more new 489 application moving forward.

Pls see screenshot for TAS nomination, they close all application on 20th August

IMG_3219.thumb.JPG.b9aecd773464209663a81b7dd0f82f3a.JPG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Yea 10th September is the last day DHA stop issuing invitation for 489, but I been following some state government website and they close the 489 application earlier because they need time to review documents before 10th September, so literally no more new 489 application moving forward.

Pls see screenshot for TAS nomination, they close all application on 20th August

😮😮🤔

Wow! They must be inundated. 🙂 I think, SA did the same thing. For the same reason - large volume of applications. So this must be officially the end of 489. 👋 My agent called 489 "a dog's visa" because the conditions are so cruel and you have to be very brave and desperate to go for it! 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Russki said:

My agent called 489 "a dog's visa" because the conditions are so cruel and you have to be very brave and desperate to go for it! 😄 

@Russki , absolutely correct of him to say that. But we can do it! We're brave and determined!

And you found the correct words for the class of visa we're in as per previous comments. Class VB is for the VERY BRAVE. That must be it. 🙂 🙂

@Deepan 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Russki said:

😮😮🤔

Wow! They must be inundated. 🙂 I think, SA did the same thing. For the same reason - large volume of applications. So this must be officially the end of 489. 👋 My agent called 489 "a dog's visa" because the conditions are so cruel and you have to be very brave and desperate to go for it! 😄 

It might have been a 'Dogs Visa' previously but compared to the new 491 visa the 489 is less onerous with regards to achieving PR, both in time and criteria. Seeing as there are now less 189 visas being allocated, it seems like the 491 will become a more common route, which makes the 489 seem like a star. All depends how each individuals sees it I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Russki said:

😮😮🤔

Hi Russki,

489 was not that bad after all. I figured I learnt to have patience, how to reach out to my Member Parliament, how to file complaints etc etc, while I'll still be able to apply for the Citizenship at the completion of my 4 years (+-few months) in Australia.

One thing for sure, I will be filing lots of complaints for rest of my life here. LoL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It might have been a 'Dogs Visa' previously but compared to the new 491 visa the 489 is less onerous with regards to achieving PR, both in time and criteria. Seeing as there are now less 189 visas being allocated, it seems like the 491 will become a more common route, which makes the 489 seem like a star. All depends how each individuals sees it I suppose.

You are right, we should be very grateful. 🙂 This visa was a blessing for me, as I had a very weak case to apply for any independent visas. So bless 489 - visa for brave and strong! 🏅 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I want to share something 

I have a friend who applied in Jan 28 /2018 for 887 and they got back to him after 7 months with a grant 

Moreover,he applied for his citizenship in Jan /2019 and they got back to him to do the citizenship test in April/2019 and then he got the approval in July /2019 

Hhhhhhhhahahahahaahaha

thats a gold luck 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I have a friend who applied in Jan 28 /2018 for 887 and they got back to him after 7 months with a grant 

Moreover,he applied for his citizenship in Jan /2019 and they got back to him to do the citizenship test in April/2019 and then he got the approval in July /2019 

Hhhhhhhhahahahahaahaha

thats a gold luck 🙂 

He should buy the Tatts Powerball 😮

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

Hhhhhhhhahahahahaahaha

thats a gold luck 🙂 

So, he got his PR in August 2018 and apply for Citizenship in January 2019 (didn't even wait for the one year period on PR as per law)?!! His last name should be Trump mate to do that 🤣

• Haha 2