887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 hours ago, sds said:

Hello. If I am using an agent and If I do complain, do I get the response email or is it the agent who gets the response?

@sds I would suggest you should go through your agent to lodge a complaint as your agent is an authorised representative. And moreover you have paid your agent to deal with your application. If you’ll try to complain from your end they won’t give you details of the insight status of your application. I am just letting you know with my own experience.  Good luck 👍🏽

On 7/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, Stellajane said:

image.png

I should remake this graph, but I haven't got the time now sorry. All I can say is that we did had 19 grants (from our tracker!) in July and up to today we had 17 already. 💪

August hasn't finished yet so hopefully we can jump over 20 in the next week so that my earlier statement of "6 months increase and then a drop in grants to start increasing in numbers again for 6 months" still stands. Which then means that September will be better again. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:00 PM, Dee said:

Interesting please do check again hopefully none of your documents have any other name; In case you are 100% sure then you should lodge compliant; i remember @Russkigot a request from CO to update AFP as it had expired whereas it was not and she lodged compliant and it worked. @Russkican you please share your experience. Thanks!

On 8/22/2019 at 12:41 PM, Delfin said:

Guys, my name in my afp and passport already match. And i don’t go by any other name, no alias. And yet sophorn asked me to update my afp. My afp is only 2 months old. Has anyone experienced this before? Evenn if i reapply for my afp, the only thing that will change is the date. Everything else is the same. 

Hi @Delfin, @Dee, yes, it was exactly my case. 🙂 I updated my AFP with all my former names and everything and a couple of months later I got a request for a new AFP! I got so mad, having already waited for 19 months! It was hard but I got them to see that it was their mistake.

I called twice and asked them to check if they see the earlier uploaded AFP (it was CO Sophorn actually, who asked for the new one - so she may need to go to Specsavers 😄 ). It was all very dodgy, when I called they kept putting me on hold and eventually after almost 1 hour on the phone they said they could not see my previous uploaded AFP. Then I lodged a complaint and explained that my AFP is up to date and on the system. Then I called again. And complained again. I the end, they "found" my AFP and granted me visa. 😄 😄 

So definitely start with a phone call. Ask them to check your updated AFP on the system. Then put a complaint in, if you have no joy with the call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

My agent receives a heaps of 489 invitations. Looks like majority of COs now are working on 489 and 491. Just wonder would they - those potential new 491 applicants still choose this way once hear our stories?

Some may not have the choice. 🙂 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi @Delfin, @Dee, yes, it was exactly my case. 🙂 I updated my AFP with all my former names and everything and a couple of months later I got a request for a new AFP! I got so mad, having already waited for 19 months! It was hard but I got them to see that it was their mistake.

I called twice and asked them to check if they see the earlier uploaded AFP (it was CO Sophorn actually, who asked for the new one - so she may need to go to Specsavers 😄 ). It was all very dodgy, when I called they kept putting me on hold and eventually after almost 1 hour on the phone they said they could not see my previous uploaded AFP. Then I lodged a complaint and explained that my AFP is up to date and on the system. Then I called again. And complained again. I the end, they "found" my AFP and granted me visa. 😄 😄 

So definitely start with a phone call. Ask them to check your updated AFP on the system. Then put a complaint in, if you have no joy with the call.

@Russki Holy shit! It was also Sophorn who asked for my updated afp even though I updated it 2 months before my first contact. Smh.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stellajane said:

I should remake this graph, but I haven't got the time now sorry. All I can say is that we did had 19 grants (from our tracker!) in July and up to today we had 17 already. 💪

August hasn't finished yet so hopefully we can jump over 20 in the next week so that my earlier statement of "6 months increase and then a drop in grants to start increasing in numbers again for 6 months" still stands. Which then means that September will be better again. Fingers crossed. 

me from July. havent received anything. COs havent touched application yet. 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, Stellajane said:

Medicare you will be eligible for from the day you applied for your 887.

For any Centrelink benefits it is according the new waiting times as per their website. Different benefits have different waiting times varying from 1 to 4 years.

I am in NSW and confirmed waiting period starts from the day you get PR granted.

So no benefits for kid and family unless you are single dad/mum or couple with kid only has single income.

• Sad 1

On 8/22/2019 at 2:22 PM, good luck all said:

FTB-B: the max. rate per family each fortnight is 110.6$ if youngest child between (5-18 years) or 158$ if youngest child (0-5years).

FTB-A: the max. rate for each child is 242.20$ (depends on the age & income).

All people got PR after Jan. 2019 (regardless you have been here for years as 489 visa or student visa) will be eligible for FTA-B only. One year is the waiting period to be eligible for FTB-A. Other benefits you need to wit for 2 or 4 years.

They have done a dirty game with family 887 visa, unfortunately!

This is true information. I went to medicare office few weeks back and when I inquired about FTB they said the same thing. 

• Sad 1

Hey all, I just went through the tracker and found that if in your first correspondence the CO doesn't ask for more work & residency documents it usually means you're already safe.

Even if you get a second or third request, they won't be about work & residency documents. And subclass 887 is mainly about meeting the work and residency requirements. So that's good news to some of you i guess. 

• Like 2