887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all,

There are some lawyers who are really interested in being engaged with some cases that can increase their reputation. I believe we should all  donate some money to hire a group of professional lawyers to start fighting against this situation. I am sure there will be penalty for government if we win the case. Understand that it will be costly and might be risky for all of us, but suggest it worth to try. 

Apparently most of us dealing with mental, financial and life betterment issues due to blind situation that government is creating for us. Believe me or not, if we don't do anything, the situation would go worst and worst. Someone needs to stop immigration for increasing the processing time...

If you guys are happy with the suggestion please let me know we can start firing this up...

Hi all,

There are some lawyers who are really interested in being engaged with some cases that can increase their reputation. I believe we should all  donate some money to hire a group of professional lawyers to start fighting against this situation. I am sure there will be penalty for government if we win the case. Understand that it will be costly and might be risky for all of us, but suggest it worth to try. 

Apparently most of us dealing with mental, financial and life betterment issues due to blind situation that government is creating for us. Believe me or not, if we don't do anything, the situation would go worst and worst. Someone needs to stop immigration for increasing the processing time...

If you guys are happy with the suggestion please let me know we can start firing this up...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doman said:

Hi all,

Prior going this path, we need to understand what is causing this issue, given the situation in hand we have one sided stories. To be fair on all the interested parties involved here, we need to write to relevant ministers as one group in a formal manner provide a count of total applicants and situation faced in daily life. Based on the response we can plan further. Also note there is an annual cap for 887 visa.. we do not know what it is in comparison to the 489 applications received by the department and how does that impact the processing of applications. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Prior going this path, we need to understand what is causing this issue, given the situation in hand we have one sided stories. To be fair on all the interested parties involved here, we need to write to relevant ministers as one group in a formal manner provide a count of total applicants and situation faced in daily life. Based on the response we can plan further. Also note there is an annual cap for 887 visa.. we do not know what it is in comparison to the 489 applications received by the department and how does that impact the processing of applications. 

Agree! But I think the situation has gone too far beyond of our knowledge and experiance.  I, still, suggest we approach this through a lawyer. I am sure he /she will propose your approach first and will try to engage with immigration in a right and professional way before the case is considered for court.

1 minute ago, Stellajane said:

@TTTF I think you are correct.

Can you make a suggestion in how to achieve this?

Would trying to get media attention first be a good pathway?

Media is not the solution here.. we should write an email to  ministers ( In power and Opposition)  and copy PM .. relevant details can be found on their individual electoral  websites. I understand the question will be  who will write the email and what is the risk involved.. we should create common email id say.. 887@Gmail.com and write the email. Given the fact the email will include hard facts .. an response will be received.End of the day we are part of the community and they have to respond to the issues raised by the community members.   But prior to this we would need total count of no.of 489 applications  and other relevant information. 

Plus we also have the request which is running parallel to achieve the objective on this topic..   which will show up the numbers and required support. I think last I saw it has received more than 2600 signatures. 

Even after this if no response is received.. we have a strong case to go to media and  then they will  have news to entertain us. since we have approached this situation in a methodical manner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doman said:

Agree! But I think the situation has gone too far beyond of our knowledge and experiance.  I, still, suggest we approach this through a lawyer. I am sure he /she will propose your approach first and will try to engage with immigration in a right and professional way before the case is considered for court.

Given the situation we need to still understand what is the legislation and receive a formal response on the delays happening. Legal cases is not what we want .. we simply want the files to be processed in a reasonable time without having major impact on our lives. It is very logical to asks  relevant questions first directly and then assess from there based on the response. understand the frustration for all the applicants. But again we have stay grounded to reach to a amicable solution. 

• Like 1

I am not sure why we scare of hiring a professional lawyer who dies for this kind of cases. We lost heaps of money just because of this stupid visa processing time. Why not spend some money to hire a lawyer? If we really want to win, we have to invest on this. understand some applicants are struggling due to financial issue, but I am sure having a professional lawyer will help us to get rid of this situation. Lets find a lawyer and create an excel sheet with every applicants phone number. we will pass it to Lawyer to start dealing with this.

2 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Given the situation we need to still understand what is the legislation and receive a formal response on the delays happening. Legal cases is not what we want .. we simply want the files to be processed in a reasonable time without having major impact on our lives. It is very logical to asks  relevant questions first directly and then assess from there based on the response. understand the frustration for all the applicants. But again we have stay grounded to reach to a amicable solution. 

If we start putting pressure by legal procedure, immigration will start considering the case due to possible penalties that they may deal with. No need to fear. All we want is our right.

1 minute ago, Doman said:

If we start putting pressure by legal procedure, immigration will start considering the case due to possible penalties that they may deal with. No need to fear. All we want is our right.

No denial professional help and expertise will be useful. but the lawyer will also ask the same thing prior considering the case.. what is the issue ? Answer - Processing Time.. Why is that happening ? Answer - Unknown.. Is it correct to keep increasing the time line as per the law - Answer Unknown ? What is the law monitoring the visa processing and service delivery ? Answer Unknown.. It is always beneficial  to make the facts clear before going the legal way..

We can ask these questions directly to the  department/minister  . 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TTTF said:

No denial professional help and expertise will be useful. but the lawyer will also ask the same thing prior considering the case.. what is the issue ? Answer - Processing Time.. Why is that happening ? Answer - Unknown.. Is it correct to keep increasing the time line as per the law - Answer Unknown ? What is the law monitoring the visa processing and service delivery ? Answer Unknown.. It is always beneficial  to make the facts clear before going the legal way..

We can ask these questions directly to the  department/minister  . 

Agree! The key problem here, we have lots of unknown answers. You are suggesting we should ask from Immigration directly, I am not sure who is going to be in charge? Who will take care of this? Do we have such a professional person here who has interest and some free time to start putting all these questions together and start approaching immigration? 

Apparently we are annoyed and are angry because of this processing time change. Unfortunately it will take only few days to cool down and get used to 21 months of waiting period.

8 minutes ago, Doman said:

@Doman true that we want our right. 

And I understand that a legal procedure can help. Absolutely certain in that.

But I also have learnt through @TTTF's responses that we indeed do not know much about the background why these processing times keep increasing. And that this information should be given from the department as it is their obligation to respond to those questions. Therefore I assume that TTTF's pathway is the best way to approach first (ask questions as a community). It is possible that through those questions they already start feeling pressure and start working on our cases. If not, then the next step might be legal action.

• Thanks 2

Guys i just want clear processing time increases beacuse of person apply for 887 visa  lately is increasing .  they calculate processing time by total 887 applicant divided by migration plan for 887 visa  which is  14000. simply dont panic  its nothing we can change .they going to finish all july applicant by the end of this month . and also i am expecting 2 direct grant today or tomorrow lets c how it goes gud luck. i hope u understand what i am trying to say . i am not gud teacher 😄 

• Like 2

I think I have to give up. Let's trust your guys suggestion. I will recall my comments after 5 months. We had lots of people previously tried your suggestions by asking those questions from immigration . But what was the outcome? Every months the processing time is increased? We even had the petition signed by 2500 people, what was the outcome? Anyway. I have been waiting for 15 months, and looks like sadly I have to wait another 6 months. All the best with every once's application.

1 minute ago, 887 2019 said:

Guys i just want clear processing time increases beacuse of person apply for 887 visa  lately is increasing .  they calculate processing time by total 887 applicant divided by migration plan for 887 visa  which is  14000. simply dont panic  its nothing we can change .they going to finish all july applicant by the end of this month . and also i am expecting 2 direct grant today or tomorrow lets c how it goes gud luck. i hope u understand what i am trying to say . i am not gud teacher 😄 

Completely agree with you; just few minutes back my partner gave me that logic. Lets be hopeful🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1