sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Yes initially my wife and myself had a baby 3 months ago update all documents for baby 

but not sure what else they asked 

that is one of the reason. i think they are dodgy checking all single person's apllication to make everything know that they are still working :)) all family or couples are pushed aside. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeIAm said:

when did up apply? i reckon just few months ago, thats why you still can keep that positive 🙂 

Very good question and guessing. 8/8/2018

• Like 1

Funny that people think 489 is better than the new 491 because we only need to stay in regional for 2 years.

But the reality is that  the government doesn't want us the move to Metro, they can't change the existing visa requirements, so they extend the 489 living requirement by increasing the visa processing time to 2 years. If 1 year processing time is reasonable, then the extra year will make 489 living requirement become 3 years, which is the same as 491. 

Its fine we can survive in regional, but what did the govenment do to lock eveyone in regional and not providing any welfares and assistance?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Funny that people think 489 is better than the new 491 because we only need to stay in regional for 2 years.

But the reality is that  the government doesn't want us the move to Metro, they can't change the existing visa requirements, so they extend the 489 living requirement by increasing the visa processing time to 2 years. If 1 year processing time is reasonable, then the extra year will make 489 living requirement become 3 years, which is the same as 491. 

Its fine we can survive in regional, but what did the govenment do to lock eveyone in regional and not providing any welfares and assistance? 

This what I said in my previous post! This is true.
we cant get granted unless we live in regional for 5 yrs.

so ppl get ready for this 

• Like 1

Guys I know someone applied on 17th July 2018 got direct grant today, they indeed working on July file , at least some good news! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Guys I know someone applied on 17th July 2018 got direct grand today, they indeed working on July file , at least some good news! 

I think you are right.  July application is processing now. Hope to move it quickly. 

Can someone please offer any advice on renting agreements and how a bridging visa affects your lease.

Our 489 Visa expires in January 2020, and our house lease needs to be renewed now in November. Would or should we anticipate any issues in renewing our lease?

I only ask, because I know that financial institutions will only help while your visa is current and they have said that they do not recognise the bridging visa to be valid. 

I am concerned that we will have the same answer from real estate brokers.

29 minutes ago, Max said:

Suggest do not post this kind of comments. If the forum is audited by immigration, it gives them a  kind of impression that we are getting ready to stay for 5 years.

Over the last two weeks people were too much happy that they didn't increase the processing time and we saw the outcome! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Can someone please offer any advice on renting agreements and how a bridging visa affects your lease.

Our 489 Visa expires in January 2020, and our house lease needs to be renewed now in November. Would or should we anticipate any issues in renewing our lease?

I only ask, because I know that financial institutions will only help while your visa is current and they have said that they do not recognise the bridging visa to be valid. 

Ask agent if you could go with periodic agreement, that's what I am doing now. Agent has no issue with that they don't even ask visa all we do just sign the contact and done!  But cons is rent going up a little bit but acceptable still. 

44 minutes ago, Max said:

Absolute nonsense post!! People are getting their grants between 13 and 14 months. You must have a problem posting these negative forecasts, not sure what you are trying to achieve. 

Another thing, 491 visa holders will also go through a wait period after 3 years of living in a regional area plus will need to prove other earnings conditions.

Stop posting nonsense otherwise you will be called out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Out of box question guys,

My sister  want to apply visitor visa for our mother for second time.She has been here in Australia for 1 year and will going back next month before completing the 12 months.

Can my sister apply for her the second time visitor visa before she leaves.(hoping to get 3 year visa).

Is visiting visa processing time also changed?

Thanks in advance,

MPK

On 6/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, lpcallen said:

Can anyone help me?

Current processing time 18- 21 months seriously......?

On 6/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, lpcallen said:

Can anyone help me?

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Absolute nonsense post!! People are getting their grants between 13 and 14 months. You must have a problem posting these negative forecasts, not sure what you are trying to achieve. 

Another thing, 491 visa holders will also go through a wait period after 3 years of living in a regional area plus will need to prove other earnings conditions.

Stop posting nonsense otherwise you will be called out.

ok

On 9/3/2019 at 8:51 AM, nudgee said:

Home affairs is concentrating on 489 applications, i have seen people who submited 489 in April 2019 already received grants. We also need grants CO! 

Our processing time has been updated from 18 months to 21  months 

applied on 29th August 2018

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, nudgee said:

Guys I know someone applied on 17th July 2018 got direct grant today, they indeed working on July file , at least some good news! 

I am on May 2018 and still waiting ! 

50 minutes ago, adam said:

I am on May 2018 and still waiting ! 

I also applied in May 2018. No response yet. Not seen many grant for May 18 applicants they skip us.. Which is totally unfair don't know but they doing..... 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nadine said:

It was not a problem in my case...I guess real estate people don't check visa status on renewal😄

On 9/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, WANGS said:

I am planning to lodge my 887 visa in Dec 2019, Can I generate HAP ID for my 1 year old girl even before starting 887 visa application online to save time as I believe it takes time to get HAP ID once you have lodged the visa since you have to wait for CO to provide one which only happens after initial contact by CO around 12-15 months.

Hi All,

Just wanted to seek advise on the timeline for 887 visa application.

1. 489 visa grant 18th December 2017

2. 887 2 years will be 18th December 2019 

Should I apply 887 on 18th December 2019 or push it further till 1st week of Jan 2020 as I took 4 weeks of holidays.

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I also applied in May 2018. No response yet. Not seen many grant for May 18 applicants they skip us.. Which is totally unfair don't know but they doing..... 

Don’t worry, I applied in April 2018

10 hours ago, Ricky said:

So frustrated so frustrated 

out life is becoming hard here 

23 hours ago, Hope said:

Yes initially my wife and myself had a baby 3 months ago update all documents for baby 

but not sure what else they asked 

Could you mention docs list for new born baby? I also have to update with my little one.