887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

37 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi nxtung

Did you check your immiaccount?? Whats is the status showing?? 

I checked mine still it shows only "Received"

Hey wincivil

I have checked and it is still "Received" status. Probably it takes few hours or few days to update the status on system? 

Another applicant applied in November 2018 also received the same email. So there are many applicants received the same email 🤣🤣

Good to see the way they reaching to applicats...wish that they should do this early this year...but i dont know why they are not touching the old files ....getting punished without any reason ...its their CO who not checking files properly and asking those documents which are already updated by the applicant 

• Sad 1

Good to see something from the immigration, thanks to SBS and whoever sent the email. They could process our file rather then sending us email. Never mind we will find out what's going on there. I am just wondering is anyone from December got this email as well or not ? I applied with my agent he is like immigration people never answer my question.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

mate, I have a very very big question for you guys and ladies.

Migration Regulations 1994 Sch 1136(7)  specifies how a valid 887 visa application can be made.

(7)  The following requirements must be met:

(a)  the applicant must be the holder of:

(i)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or

(ii)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa; or

(iii)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa; or

(iv)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa; or

(v)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa; or

(vi)  a Bridging A (Class WA) or Bridging B (Class WB) visa granted on the basis of a valid application for:

(A)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or

(B)  a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa (other than a Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visa); or

(C)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

(b)  the applicant seeking to satisfy the primary criteria for the grant of the visa must have been, for a total of at least 2 years before the day on which the application was made, the holder of 1 of the following visas:

(i)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa;

(ii)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa;

(iii)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(iv)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(v)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

that was granted on the basis of satisfying the primary criteria for the grant of that visa, or of being the spouse or de facto partner of the applicant who satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa.

The applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years as the holder of 1 or more of the following visas:

(a)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa;

(b)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa;

(c)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(d)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(e)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

(f)  a Bridging A (Class WA) visa, or a Bridging B (Class WB) visa, that was granted on the basis of a valid application for:

(ii)  a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa; or

(iii)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa.

That is to say anyone who hold the 489 visa less than 2 yrs can not be granted the 887 visa. Sch1136(7)(b) does not include the BVA for the sp489 visa.

34 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Look like they sent bulk emails to August - November applicants, maybe they will increase the number of processing COs and assign COs to different months , and speed up the process, as they said these applications will allocate to COs soon

POSITIVE VIBES

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wincivil said:

Guys I applied on 07 Sep 2018 and received following email from home affairs. Is there anyone else received the same thing??

We are writing to advise that your application for a Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) visa commenced on 07 Sep 2018 will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for further assessment.
As some time has passed since you applied for this visa we encourage you to review your application and ensure that all the necessary supporting documentation has been provided.
Please refer to the attached Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) Visa Fact Sheet for information about the documentation required to support an application for a subclass 887 visa.
If required documentation has not yet been provided it can be added to your application using ImmiAccount.
You should ensure all relevant documents have been uploaded to your application, including current Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearances and offshore police certificates where relevant. Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date. AFP clearances must include all names and any aliases you have been known by.
While we might also ask you to provide more information when your application is assessed you should be aware we are not obliged to do so and may make a decision on your application without requesting more documents.

Regards

Skilled and Family Visa Program, Immigration Programs Division
Immigration and Settlement Services Group
Department of Home Affairs

I also received the same email .

5 hours ago, Kamal said:

They forget about us mate ...haven't heard anything from 3 months  its complete silence from their side 

I have called immi yesterday but no positive response...he said we can not provide u status of ur application so please wait as u r still in processing time i.e 18-21 months. Very disappointing. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, X76804 said:

mate, I have a very very big question for you guys and ladies.

Migration Regulations 1994 Sch 1136(7)  specifies how a valid 887 visa application can be made.

(7)  The following requirements must be met:

(a)  the applicant must be the holder of:

(ii)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa; or

(iii)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa; or

(iv)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa; or

(v)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa; or

(vi)  a Bridging A (Class WA) or Bridging B (Class WB) visa granted on the basis of a valid application for:

(A)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or

(B)  a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa (other than a Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visa); or

(C)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

(b)  the applicant seeking to satisfy the primary criteria for the grant of the visa must have been, for a total of at least 2 years before the day on which the application was made, the holder of 1 of the following visas:

(i)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa;

(ii)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa;

(iii)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(iv)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(v)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

that was granted on the basis of satisfying the primary criteria for the grant of that visa, or of being the spouse or de facto partner of the applicant who satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa.

The applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years as the holder of 1 or more of the following visas:

(a)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa;

(b)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa;

(c)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(d)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa;

(e)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

(f)  a Bridging A (Class WA) visa, or a Bridging B (Class WB) visa, that was granted on the basis of a valid application for:

(ii)  a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa; or

(iii)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa.

That is to say anyone who hold the 489 visa less than 2 yrs can not be granted the 887 visa. Sch1136(7)(b) does not include the BVA for the sp489 visa.

That's correct. BVA doesn't count. I thought it did until I tried to apply. However, they have put a check such that your application will be rejected until you complete the 2 year on 489. I just completed mine and applied and this time it allowed me to. Before it said "you do not hold the prerequisite visa to apply for this visa". Be patient mate

Guys I applied on 07 Sep 2018 and received following email from home affairs. Is there anyone else received the same thing??
We are writing to advise that your application for a Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) visa commenced on 07 Sep 2018 will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for further assessment.
As some time has passed since you applied for this visa we encourage you to review your application and ensure that all the necessary supporting documentation has been provided.
Please refer to the attached Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) Visa Fact Sheet for information about the documentation required to support an application for a subclass 887 visa.
If required documentation has not yet been provided it can be added to your application using ImmiAccount.
You should ensure all relevant documents have been uploaded to your application, including current Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearances and offshore police certificates where relevant. Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date. AFP clearances must include all names and any aliases you have been known by.
While we might also ask you to provide more information when your application is assessed you should be aware we are not obliged to do so and may make a decision on your application without requesting more documents.

Regards
Skilled and Family Visa Program, Immigration Programs Division
Immigration and Settlement Services Group
Department of Home Affairs

Can anyone share a copy of the attached 887 visa fact sheet that is mentioned on the email? Keen to see what documents they mention, cheers
  • Like 2